Country Challenge Final 2006

frosty

hi there all,
i am wondering if anybody could give me some information on the state final of the "COUNTRY CHALLENGE". i am in a team travelling down from Grafton (far north) and we are trying to buget our way to bowl at tuggeranong. the only info i do know is that the event is held at tuggeranong and on the weekend of the 18th and 19th of November.
thanks
ashley clark

hey there storm king
check times for preview tourny, starting time of final. cost of preview tourny and final, basicly all the things the area secretary hosting the event should have sent to all the other areas secretaries to pass on to the winning teams so they inturn know what is going on.
thanks
ashley

I am sorry Storm King but a "I THINK" does not help me. If you know of somebody that i may be able to contact like the Southern Zone (act) Country Challenge secretary that would be helping me.
thanks for you concern Storm King
Ashley Clark

they were no good either. they put me onto a guy who i am yet to hear back from. i phoned him about a week or so ago.

I'll do you all a deal... (Actually, more of a favor)

I'll make sure your question is heard by some people I'm sure will be able to answer it on monday night. I think you'll find a lot of the relevant people are in Tassie at the moment. For example "a guy I am yet to hear back from" is probably Brett, the Centre Manager and AMF National Tournament Director (and in the ACT Rachuig team, and the ACT rep at open masters today)

We as the Host Centre have still not heard officially in regards to what is happening on the days.

An email went to the local team which I have copied below.

Information about 2006 GF has just arrived in the mail and is as follows:

Venue: Canberra International Bowl
Dates: Saturday (18th November) & Sunday (19th November)

Fixture:

Saturday

Mixed Doubles
(Two games, Handicap is 80% of 200 scratch on Country Challenge
Final Round Average. Cost is $ 15.00 per bowler).

8.15 am Squad One Check-in (Draw for partners)
8.30 am Mixed Doubles Squad One Start
9.30 am Mixed Doubles Squad Two Check-in
9.45 am Mixed Doubles Squad Two Start

10.30 am Challenge Teams Check-in.
(Payment of bowling fees cost is $ 5.00 per game ($ 225.00 per team))

10.45 am Teams assemble for Opening Ceremony
11.00 am Grand Final Opening Ceremony
11.30 - 12 noon Challenge Final Begins - 5 games

A.G.M. To commence after last (5th) game. Each Zone's Voting
Rights limited to 12 nominated/eligible persons at the
Meeting.

NOTE: There will not be an organised Grand Final Dinner.
Sunday

8.30 am Commence final 4 games of the Grand Final.

Presentation of Mixed Doubles prize money and Grand Final
Awards will commence after the completion of all games.

Lunch will be served to the Teams (sandwich platters) on the lanes
during play on both days.

The area Secretary is located in Orange. Perhaps they could let everyone know what is happening.

That way we dont have people showing up on the day scratching their head.

Regards

Brett

thank you for this info brett i will let the northern teams that are going to the state final know of this info, that will ease the info highway at this late stage in the year.

ashley

Back
Top Bottom