Congratulations to both Tony Hamilton and Mindy Rafton

Jase

Admin
Staff member
Congratulations to both Tony Hamilton and Mindy Rafton of Aspley Ten Pin, on taking out the Men and Woman’s 2007 Brisbane Area masters on the weekend held at AMF Richland’s…

Second place in the Men’s went to Steve Hampson of Richland’s and Brett Flewellen of Milton was third…
Taya Reggars of Aspley took out second place in the women’s and Jodie Hampson of Richland’s was third also…

The men’s section was contested by 23 men qualifying over 8 games straight pinfall to make the top 4 step ladder finals to be held over a one game roll off with no right of re-challenge…The Ladies was contested by 9 woman over 6 games straight pin fall with the highest pinfall declared the winner…

Steve Hampson started strong in his title defense, with a 547 first block straight up and finished the 8 games as the top qualifier with a pinfall of 1901 and an average of 237.62.Hot on his heels was the eventual winner Tony Hamilton with an 8 game pinfall total of 1863 and average of 232.87…Brian Robinson qualified third with 1804 and an average of 225.5 and Brett Flewellen took the last place of the step ladder with 1755 and averaged 219.37…

Both Cameron Smith and Jason Pearson of the Gold Coast and Luke Rafton of Brisbane missed the cut by 3, 5 and 10 pins respectively…

First final was contested by Brett and Brain with Brett the eventual winner shooting 234 to Brian’s 222 and earnt the right to challenge Tony Hamilton for a spot in the final against Hampson…The semi final was contested and in a tight match which seen Hamilton defeat Flewellen 184 to 168 to go and face the top seed in the final…

The final started with both bowlers opening one frame each in the first 3 frames… Both started the 4th frame with a strike and Hampson closed the 5th but Hamilton opened the door for Hampson with opening the next two frames…Hampson with a bad ball change couldn’t close the door ,and Hamilton’s experience prevailed in the end with 4 strikes in the next 5 frames to close out the low scoring match 180 to 176 and take the title for 2007.

1177887807.jpg

Tony Hamilton and Mindy Rafton
1177887869.jpg

1177887972.jpg

Attachments

• 2007 MASTERS FINAL.xls
    31.5 KB · Views: 41
congratulations to both winners and to all those who bowled. Looks as though scores were high and some good bowling and tight matchplay was the order of the day.

Congratus to both Tony and Mindy on there wins, there was some great bowling through out the brisbane area championships, big thanks to colleen and greg sharp on there effots through out the past weekends, bad luck to Hammer was good to see u back in form just got pipped at the post by Tony, :)

Congrats to Tony "Toilet Paper" Hamilton ;) on your win. You know what i'm talking about....Kingaroy :)
Also a BIG congrats to Mindy "Spew J" Rafton - i knew you would do it. Good to see you havent lost your touch girl.
Congrats also to all the other place getters.
Puss

Congrats to all place getters especially to Tony and Mindy on their wins. Also well bowled to Hammer who led all the way. Great effort guys.

Congratulations Tony, well bowled today mate. I almost went back to back, but not to be, beaten by a better bowler, well done again Tony.

It was very tight for the 4th spot in the step ladder, some of the lanes were scorched by the end there, and commiserations to Jase who was really well in the 4 till the last block and just missed by 5 pins. Also well done Cam Smith who really stood up on the weekend and to miss by 2 pins mate, very well done.

Well done to Mindy Rafton on your win in the Ladies Masters. Commiserations Taya, almost defended your title. Jodie with 3rd on 205 avg, things look good for the Association challenge in June. Well bowled to every one today, thanks for coming out and supporting this tournament.

Lastly I would like to thank Colleen Sharp and Greg Sharp, and the B.A.T.B.A committee on a well run Championships. Also to Richland’s Tenpin Bowl on putting out some good lanes with the oil machine they have, and the staff were always helpful and everything ran smoothly.

Congrats to you both, great stuff!

I love you both so much, i think we should have a threesome! ;)
Luke can film it! :p

Congratulations Tony and Mindy very well done :)

Congrats to Steve and Taya it was a nail biting finish

Congrats also Brett and Jodie on coming Third .

There was some Great Bowling all round:groupwave2:

Back
Top Bottom