CONGRATS ON SELECTION IN TASMANIAN STATE TEAM TO SIMON GOURL

F

first300

well done simon Gourlay 4 getting selected in the tasmanian team 4 the 2003 National championships heading to townsville. LOng time no hear from my good freind simon so it is great to see some of the old school bowlers taking the game back up and sticking it up the new blood of the game. Selection must have been tough 4 the committee since thier were names such as Paul Lucock with BACK TO BACK WINS IN STATE AND HOBART MASTERS and a consistent 200 AVE in the last few years. I wish Simon all the best with his bowling but sometimes i myself find this sought of thing hard to deal with concidering my experience and the amount of 300 games i have produced and obviously this selection wasn't based on FORM and more of who is a better bloke i think.
I havn't got a problem with the fact that people are selected on how much you are liked cause in the future i myself will be more fake to people and i will suck up peoples asses and will really be nice to people who are total tossers and they will not even know it in the future. As i said before i wish Simon all the best and hopfully he can add something to the TASMANIAN TEAM that will ensure a better finish than last year so go TASSIE :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

GOES TO SHOW "HARD WORK DOES NOT PAY OFF"

Paul,

I would just like to say that the above is a great post and shows you have finally matured! NOT!

I too put my hand up for selection once I realised Tassie did not have enough to take a full team to Rachuig. The committee opened up the last spot for nominations - which was the only fair way to decide a seventh bowler. Once nominations closed (yesterday) the team then voted on the nominations at training today. Congratulations to Simon on his selection.

Paul .... keep in mind if you really wanted to bowl Rachuig this year then you could have nominated and rolled off like the rest of the team!

Anyways, that's it for me, I hope all the guys, including Simon bowl well when they are in Townsville in November.

I agree with scooter.
If you really wanted to bowl Rachuig why did you not nominate to start with ?
Interesting that you post your comments on the main forum and not in the Tasmanian section.
Perhaps you're moving to the mainland and you want us all to know how good you are.
Or not.

Well done to Simon on his selection, im sure he will be a very handy addition to the side, bad luck to my good mate scott summers it would of been good to have you there....always good fun and has rachuig experience. but im sure tassie will be up in the top 3 :) looking forward to Townsville.

Mark Foster

Pauly, you are a good mate of mine so don't take it to heart.

But, I will throw in this hypothetical:

Would you have been pissed if I had of nominated and was successful???

Only you can answer that, but look forward to next year. I know I am.

does form or experience mean anything these days

I don't know if anyone knew , except 4 the committee but i had a knee operation the wednesday before trials and i asked the committee weather i could have an basically automatic selection since my knee would be ready by 3 weeks from operation day,they told me that the rules wouldn't allow it so i didn't submit my forms,as it turned out i would have WALKED IN TO THE TEAM as every body else in the state did so i guess this way i really know who my freinds are in TASMANIAN BOWLING ARE. More to the point,i really needed something like this to inspire me to get my shit together and concentrate on my game and be fit and financial and get in there and bowl well and then there will never be any doubt about it.And all i can say about the committees dicision is that they were looking 4 a bit more heart in the team and Simon Gourlay will make up about 90% of that and FIRE,well he is a fire ball of aggression and will give the team massive drive aswell so once again,GOOD LUCK TASSIE AND GOOD LUCK SIMON :lol: :lol:

MY REPLY TO MY MC MATE GUS

GUS MY MATE,IF THEY HAD SELECTED THE SPOT OFF FORM AND OBVIOUSLY THEY DIDN'T,I WOULD OF BEEN A LITTLE DISSAPOINTED BUT YOU HAVE BEEN AROUND THE SEEN 4 THE LAST FEW YEARS AND YOU HAVE GOT SOME DECENT FORM SO SURE IT SOUNDS LIKE SOUR GRAPES BUT IT IS GOOD TOO KNOW WHO YOUR FREINDS ARE WHEN YOUR CHIPS ARE DOWN. PLEASE GIVE YOUR BEAUTIFUL KIDS A BIG KISS FROM ME FROM PAUL

TO THE TASMANIAN COMMITTEE 4 SELECTIONS

CAN YOU TELL ME AND WHO EVER ELSE NOMINATED 4 THE POSITION HOW YOU CAME UP WITH YOUR DICISION AND POST IT IN A REPLY OR IN WRITING TO EVERYONE CONCERNED CAUSE YOUR DICISIONS LEAVE ALOT OF QUERIES AS TO HOW BOWLERS HAVE TOO MEET THE CRITERIA. I'D ALSO LIKE TOO KNOW HOW OTHER STATES MAKE DICISIONS ON PICKING PLAYERS FROM THE DRAFT IF THEY WOULD LIKE TOO HAVE SOME INPUT INTO THIS DISCUSSION
PS; sorry about the big letters,i had caps lock on and i didn't realise,

I will not get into a pi$$ing competition over this subject, but Paul, if you read your nomination form, it states:

"The committee will then implement a selection process to decide the successful applicant".

This will be my only comment on the subject. Maybe the committee will be happy to fill you in with what happened if contacted personally.

Congrats to Simon on his selection..... I'm sure he will be a worthy addition to a very strong team.

man what a team tassie has now, simon is a fantastic addition to the team as I have experienced myself just what a great motivator he is, and with this on the side plsu his bowling ability, tasmania is going to turn a few heads I think.

congrats goulz and comiserations to the rest who applied and didnt make it.

DEAR YOUNG MR PHILLIPS,IF I KNEW IT WAS GOING TO BE A POPULARITY CONTEST I WOULDN'T HAVE EVEN NOMINATED AND FROM MY UNDERSTANDING FROM MR JOHN DOBSON , THERE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE 3 PEOPLE SELECTED OUT OF WHOEVER NOMINATED AND THEY WERE TO ROLL OFF 4 THAT POSITION AND THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN MORE FAIR . AS TO THE QUESTION TO HOW MUCH STRONGER SIMON GOURLAYS INCLUSION INTO THE TEAM , IN MY OPINION HE WILL GIVE THE TEAM MORE HEART , FIRE , AND AGGRESSION AND HE WOULD DEFINITLEY MAKE AN EXCELLENT ANCHOR MAN AND DEFINITLEY AN AWESOME CAPTAIN AS HE HAS PROVEN IN THE PAST. THE ONLY REASON I AM A BIT BITTER ON THE WAY THEY CAME ABOUT THE DICISION IS THAT WHOEVER NOMINATED, DIDN'T GET A CHANCE TO PROVE WHAT THEY CAN OFFER TO THE TEAM BY HAVING A PLAYOFF WHICH ASWELL WOULD HAVE BEEN ALOT OF FUN!!!!!!!! AS TO WHAT GOES ON IN THE MINDS OF COMMITTEES,I AM ALLWAYS AMUSED SINCE THEY SEEM TO CHANGE EVERY YEAR,,,,,AND LIKE I SAID BEFORE,,DONT BE YOURSELF AND IF YOU WANT TO GET ANYWHERE IN THIS GAME JUST SUCK UP TO WHOEVER IS IN CHARGE AND YOU WILL GO FAR'''''''''''''HARD WORK AND BEING YOURSELF DOES NOT PAY OFF :( :( :( :(

Back
Top Bottom