Coaching Clubs - Availabilty, Feasibility etc.

S

Scotty H

I dont know if this idea has been thrown around lately, but when I used to bowl a few years back as a junior there was a club named the Suncoast Strikers (operated out of Suncity Bowl, Alex Heads QLD) who offered weekly coaching to a smallish group for a very reasonable price - somewhere in the order of around $15 for 3 games and an hour or so of practice.

After taking a few years off bowling for uni (poor student) I came back to the sport about 6 months ago and have recently found that they are no more.

I was wondering if there was anything similar down here in Brisbane at any of our few bowling centres ie. Milton, Richlands, Kedron etc?

The beauty of this club was that you could get proper coaching without having to have the one-on-one price tag attached and you still got your help as you needed it. They went through drills and taught you all the tricks to 'self diagnosing' your own shots.

So my question is, firstly are there any clubs like this currently operating here in Brisbane? and secondly, if not, would there be enough people out there who would be interested in starting something like this up? I mean there would have to be some good coaches out there who would be able/willing to spend a couple of hours with a few punters trying to fix up their game? Of course they would be paid for their time and the fact that its in a group environment brings out a bit of friendly competition and makes it possible that the coach can be paid a decent figure for his/her time.

What are peoples thoughts on this and how many out there would be interested in either receiving or giving coaching?

Its because of the Suncoast Strikers that I am bowling as well as I am today. However, we all can always use a bit of refinement.

Cheers,

-Scott Hines

Scott

Chermside bowl offers a few different coaches.....not so much a coaching club, tho there are a few of us who train together.

We pay $12.00 for a half hour of practise WITH PINS, and then three games and then $10 for our coach, who is more than worth the money we pay (at least we think he is, anyway ;) ). Even better is that we get freshly oiled lanes prior to commencement (tho on skool holidays that doesn't always work out), and we have had, at times, different oiling patterns layed out for us to work on.
Our coach does Mondays and Thursday afternoons between 3 & 6, but you will find other options available to you with the other coaches available in the centre.

Broni & Jagga

Back
Top Bottom