CHRIS BARNES DOWN UNDER

SCOOPS

GUINNESS SWILLUS
We are pleased to announce that with the support of Brunswick and primarily Ron Bickerstaff at Heritage Bay, Chris Barnes will be at WONDABOWL Castle Hill on Monday September 22, 2003

Chris is travelling to 7 countries throughout Australasia in 7 days and YES his first stop will be here in Australia.

He has limited time and will be visiting only WONDABOWL in Castle Hill.
For those of you who dont know who Chris Barnes is, he is currently Ranked 2nd in the World, bowled a lazy 67 300games (lol)has 4 PBA titles to his name and won thus far almost 1/2 million in Prizemoney in just 4-1/2years on tour(joined 98). Chris was also named US OLYMPIC athelete of the Year (for Tenpin Bowling) 1994, 96 & 97

Chris will be at the Centre from 6.00pm, the following will be the nights schedule
*6.00pm - 6.30pm - Introduction and Tips session
*6.30pm - 6.45pm - Demonstration by Chris
*6.45pm - 8.15pm - Pro/Am(bowl with the pro's)
7 other pros will join Chris - each having 3 bowlers in their team.
Each bowler will bowl 2 games
*8.15pm - 8.45pm - Equipment Discussion and Q & A time
A chance to here all about the latest technological advances being made by Brunswick in Equipment
*8.45pm - 9.30pm - Dinner at Huckleberry's (Choice of Chicken Breast meal, Sirloin Steak or Half Rack of Ribs with Salad and Fries)

This incredible opportunity will only cost $30.00 per person

Each Person will have their name placed in a hat with one lucky Bowler winning a Chris Barnes Bowling Ball

For more information please feel free to call me at wondabowl Castle Hill on 02 9680 7677

Bad Luck

I watch Chris on the PBA tapes all the time

What a shame WA will miss out on his visit

Sydney bowlers make him truelly welcome

Thx Sandor ur absolutely right Sydney bowlers should take advantage

please everyone dont take this as a sell i now have my bowlers hat on(lol) who wouldnt want to rub shoulders with one of the worlds best even for only 3-4hrs (plus have one of our famous HUCKLEBERRY BURGERS)

I would love to be going to SPC just to be able to bowl against CAROL, CARA & MAX, these guys are so tuff, but alas not able this time round, hopefully all 3 girls will be able to make Brunswick Cup, IN FACT HOPING TO SEE U ALL AT THIS YEARS BRUNSWICK CUP-OPEN, YOUTH &/or JUNIOR

I put my name down this afternoon. It'll be great to see chris in action and even better if i get to bowl against him

Chris Barnes

Alan

if you can get me his autograph on some brunswick ball sheets i will display them in the shop

SOLD OUT

AS of 11am this morning the Chris Barnes night here at Castle Hill is full in fact we have 8 people on a waiting list to get in

We are now offering people to come down and join in the dinner and to listen and watch for Only $20.00. If by chance someone was not to show then the reserves will get a chance to particpate

Along with listening to one of the current greats of our game and watching him play you'll join us all for dinner and be entered into the RAFFLES.

Ron Bickerstaff from Heritage Bay will be bringing down some great prizes to giveaway.

This is sure to be a great night and one that no bowler should miss out

Perhaps someone can correct me but from memory the last Male Professional to visit our shores was Jason Couch, promoting the WOLF series(mid 90's) and prior to that was Dave Davis(early 80's)
So it just shows we dont get this privilege often, be sure to take the opportunity

Scoops...
Actually, the last male pro to visit our shores would be me in 1992, 1994 and again in 1998!

I always wanted to be an Aussie...Now I "am" one.
:D

It should be a great night with Chris. Although Japan would be his first stop (he's competing there now) If you get a chance to see and speak with Mrs. Barnes, please tell Lynda I said hello.

Wayne

PBA VISITS

I drilled 2 balls for regional pro's back in 1999 while they were in WA, 2 very interesting guys

i remember rick steelsmith has been too, but when?

Not sure about when Steelsmith came out here but i remember Jack Jurek bowling on television out here in the 80's - i think it was before he joined the Tour - didn't Hugh Miller also come over at one stage (I could be wrong)

Remember Donna Adamek (LPBT now PWBA star in the 80's) she actually came out in '88 or '89 and even held clinics here at Moonah.

Ahhh those were the days :)

Back
Top Bottom