CHALLENGE AT WERRIBEE

Werribee

Werribee
A challenge has been laid down....
If anyone can do the following we will award you $1000.00 cash!

We want someone to bowl a score of 292- apparently the hardest of all scores to be bowled.

The 4 conditions are as follows:
1. Must be bowled at Werribee Superbowl
2. Must be bowled during league (no prebowls)
3. You must have been in that league for at least 6 weeks (no fly by nighters)
4. Only the first 292 score will receive a payout.

Naturally your equipment must be legal and all TBA rules and regulations must be adhered to during the game.... Last night when asked if they would go for the "300" or try for cash, we had some interesting answers....

You have from now until 22nd December to try for it, after that....... who knows how much we will or won't offer.....

Regards and Good Luck,

Edi and Doriana
Werribee Superbowl

By the way.... we will cringe if it goes off next week.......

Edi and Doriana

Ive succeeded in bowling a 294 before - but I can't say ive ever seen a 291,292 or 293. Good luck - to throw 2 is a tough enough feat in itself but to do it after 11 in a row ......... I won't say it's impossible but near enough to it :)

got a feeling a guy bowled 291 about 10-15 years ago in sydney i think

one of the new south welshman would know about that

I've heard of a couple of 290's, not your average 290, I mean the shockers, the top eleven, then a roll down the gutter.

Won't say who they were :)

If I've 11 in a row up, I'm not gonna try and throw a 2. Odds of throwing a 2 when you are trying to do it are practically zero and I wouldnt sacrifce a possible 300 game to attempt an impossible shot for $1000. Be easier to bounce it out of the gutter and take out the 6-9 :p

Seems rather silly.

Hey...
Interesting concept! However, just wondering....dont you guys have a league achievement awards scheme with the $1000 for a 300 game, like the other goldpin centres...?
The odds are stacked against the bowler....
But, i figure if your shooting for your first 300 which the majority of us are...$1000 may be a tad lean to give up the ultimate prize in tenpin bowling!
DaN

Sorry Edi but if I have the front 11, the next shot is going exactley where the 11th went.............. in the 1-2 pocket. I dont think its good to promote throwing off at any stage of bowling tournaments or league. Of course I'm not elegible but I"m not in favour of this competition, sorry.

Maybe you should offer the $1000 for back to back 300's or 3 x 300's before the end of the year.............. just an idea

I must say this competition will go down will very quickly who would throw a 300 away just to try an bowl a 292 like this competition is makin them do some very hard for a few lousy bucks sorry but no way if somebody trys this "i laugh at u"for ur own stupidity

My goodness.. I never thought a light hearted challenge would create so much negative comment. OF COURSE no one would throw away a 300, it is really ridulous to even suggest such a thing.

You guys need to lighten up and take the post in the light it was meant to be taken. I thought people would reply with comments like "It's not April Fools day again is it....." - that would have been apropriate.

Come on fellas, have a bit of fun and lighten up. No wonder people are frightened to post under their real names nowadays.... Laughing doesn't hurt.

Edi

(Oh... if some one HAD bowled a 292, I would - and will- pay up)

Seriously no body would be that stupid to say its not april fools day again is it cause april was like 4 months ago so unless ur behind in time uneed to brightn up not anyone else thanx

Its a challenge for goodness sake. Much the same as someone offering a prize for "Low Game" which many are familiar with. Troy don't insult my sister please. If you know us then you know we only mean well. The 292 was discussed with a group of bowlers and we just thought we'd put it to a test. We don't pay out on 300 on our current house condition anyway. And not all Goldpin centres do.
Sometimes I wonder. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Doriana Porto

Hey dozza
i do know whos u r an i aint insulting ur sis how u been it's troy millar under21 open boys from east coas i swaped shirt with david in 2002 an use came up last yr to watch east coast neway i think that comp is just weird an unpredicted thanx

I think it sounds rather challenging. Werribee Super Bowl is offering a $1000 if someone can shoot a 292 game in league, which is more then a generous offer and does not deserve this critisism. :roll:

Sorry Edi, by the way you posted it (including detailed rules and conditions) there was no way of guessing it was a joke. My bad......... maybe see you in a few weeks at SPC :D

G

Edi said if someone throws a 292 in league at Werribee before the date mentioned she would still pay up. However, she never mentioned it had to be a 292 scratch :oops: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom