CEO to attend Qld Forum & AGM

Andrew S.

Gold Coast
We have been advised that the CEO of Tenpin Bowling Australia, Mr Alex Popov, will be attending the State AGM and forum at Milton on March 18th.

A major topic at this forum will be State Team selection at all levels - Adult Youth and Junior.

Opinions in Queensland are pretty varied and this forum will give everyone an opportunity to be heard on this matter.
We will also be making another attempt to form an Adult Committee for SQ.
We have had no Adult Committee in SQ for 3 or 4 years now.

The Adult Committee is responsible for 2 aspects of SQ bowling - Adult State Teams and Adult State Championships.

If anyone has any other topics or questions for the meeting we can add them to an Agenda or they be asked at the time.

At present the Board of TBAQ are acting as a de facto Adult Committee in the absence of an officially elected body.

The Adult Committee works closely with the Office and the Board and if anyone is interested in taking a more active role in SQ, this will be their opportunity.

Adult Committee positions usually consist of Chair, Secretary, Treasurer and Co-Ordinators for Rachuig and De Veer Teams.

Andrew S. said:
The Adult Committee works closely with the Office and the Board and if anyone is interested in taking a more active role in SQ, this will be their opportunity.
Adult Committee positions usually consist of Chair, Secretary, Treasurer and Co-Ordinators for Rachuig and De Veer Teams.

Andrew could you shed some light before hand of what is expected of these members and what level of commitment is required to fill some of the positions? I am sure this may help with people thinking about nominating but not realizing the level of commitment that is or isn’t required or what is expected of them in those positions.

Cheers

Good question Jason. I will post a brief job description but I need to give it some thought first. Give me 24 hours.

Andrew S. said:
Good question Jason. I will post a brief job description but I need to give it some thought first. Give me 24 hours.

Hello Andrew,

I was nice i gave you an extra 24 hours :p But still nothing,any chance of those descriptions today?

The Adult Committee.
In SQ the Adult Committee (when it existed) was charged with all aspects of the SQ State Championships and the SQ Adult State Teams.
Generally this meant finding suitable Centres, preparing all the paperwork and sending it out to all and sundry.
It also meant staffing the tournament room for the duration of the Champs and the same for the roll-offs.
The Adult Committee was elected at the AGM and usually had its first meeting after the AGM. This meeting usually fixed the format for the State Team roll-off.
It organised everything, it was responsible for everything and generally had the reputation of being extremely dictatorial.
This was also possibly part of the reason we lost bowlers from Rachuig. At times there were pages and pages of conduct rules telling bowlers what they could and couldnt do and all sorts of declarations bowlers had to sign.
No wonder our top guns lost interest.
Eventually no-one nominated for the Adult Committee, and the Board had to step in and instruct the State Office to over see the 2 events.
If we are fortunate enough to again put in place an Adult Committee, certainly that Committee would be responsible directly to the Board, but I am sure the Board would be very supportive of the Committee Members.

Back
Top Bottom