Catch Belmo and Bowling on Seven’s top-rating SUNDAY NIGHT program

elsie

An exciting glimpse of the life and stellar career of Australian bowling sensation, Jason Belmonte will be televised nationally this Sunday on Seven’s top-rating SUNDAY NIGHT program.

The Seven network continues to score resounding ratings wins in network, primary channels, multi-channels and demographics, every night and every city and this popular program that reaches an audience of close to 1.2 million will air across the country at 6.30pm this Sunday, 24th March.

SUNDAY NIGHT’s preview headlined TOP OF THEIR GAME reads … “See the untold story of two Australian sporting exports hitting the big time overseas.

“On Sunday Night meet two Australian men from different worlds. One can bench press a whopping 270kgs and is dominating American college football. The other is a father of two, passionate and wildly over the top – revolutionising his sport.

“Both have one thing in common – they’ve hit the big time overseas.

“Meet 22 year-old Jessie Williams, known as “Tha Monstar”. Meanwhile Jason Belmonte is a bowling phenomenon, a world champion. But his very unorthodox two handed bowling style is leaving his American opponents scratching their heads.”

DON’T MISS IT … SUNDAY NIGHT - 6.30pm on Seven.

TBA Urgently need to divert whatever funds available into an increased Media Budget.

Bowling in Australia is experiencing an an exceptional period of opportunity to promote the sport

Bowling in Australia has never had a better opportunity to promote our sport thanks to the exploits of Jason Belmonte. To take full advantage of this rare event, TBA and all its members should be unanimous in approving increased spending on Media funding.
It is such a no brainer, I dont understand why someone else has not voiced this opinion much sooner.
If Lynne Clay (TBA Media Manager) were given a reasonable budget, a great deal more could be done to capitalize right across Australia.

Other sports have in past seen significant take-up rates of new people joining a sport when there has been exposure in mass media. Bowling as a whole, TBA, Centres along with every day bowlers could all benefit by having greater numbers participating in bowling.
The flow on effect of benefits to all stake-holders would more than justify the spend.

Please, Talk to your Centre Manager, contact TBA, talk to other bowlers and convince all who will listen that we should not allow such a superb opportunity pass us by.
TBA, Independent and Corporate Managers should be discussing ways to fund a special project revolving around this. Something like this could be leveraged into a bigger and better Bowling Sport. If allowed to lapse without taking full advantage, people will ask in the future, how did we allow such a lack of foresight to eventuate.

Thanks Elsie for the heads up.

Thank you to channel seven.

Most of all, thank you Jason for all of your efforts and an even bigger thank you to your family for the wonderful support given that has made the fight worth fighting all the way to the top.

With out that effort, Bowling would not have got the 15 minutes to shine.

Thanks Belmo.

There are never any guarantees of the content, or tone, of media coverage but I think we can all be proud of the way Bowling was depicted in the story that ran on SUNDAY NIGHT this evening.

It highlighted some of the most positive aspects of our sport in terms of skill, excitement, intense competition, family values, and even patriotism in its nicest form … Jason is justifiably proud of his success for himself and his family, and for his country - and in a subtle way I think the segment was a valuable promotion for our sport.

I will contact the production team from Sunday Night tomorrow of course, and may I suggest that that we show our appreciation by posting Likes, and messages of support/encouragement to Seven for showcasing Bowling, on SUNDAY NIGHT’s Facebook page.

Cheers,
lc

Come on, people. Just been on 'SUNDAY NIGHT', with mine, we only seem to have 24 likes, and 157 in the 'recomment' box.
Don't think those numbers will cause bowling to explode into prime time anytime soon.
Do your bit. Do it now !!

Great to see on commercial tv congrats to Jason great interview very professional as with every interview you do
thanks Elsie

great story. well done belmo on how you carried yourself through it.

on a side, boy is that jesse williams guy huge. he is gonna earn megabucks.

Back
Top Bottom