Canberra Youth - is it still on?

Bee...!

Living the dream!!!
Hello ppl,

After AMF cancelled the youth and adult circut i know they cut alot of tournaments out. I read that they were still going ahead with the Canberra Youth tho.

can someone please tell me if it still on.

Thank you :)

Jayde

Jayde
This was copied from TBA website...

2005 National Ranked Events Cancellation

Saturday 12th March, 2005 -
Tenpin Bowling Australia has been informed that the following 2005 Nationally Ranked Events have been cancelled:

Penrith Open (Nov 26th-27th) - Nationally Ranked Men & Power Event
Blacktown Invitational (April 9th-10th) - Nationally Ranked Youth Event
Canberra Youth Cup (May 28th-29th) - Nationally Ranked Youth Event
Bankstown Youth Cup (July 30th-31st) - Nationally Ranked Youth Event
Illawarra Youth Cup (Nov 19th-20th) - Nationally Ranked Youth Event

These events have been removed fom the National Rankings Tour 2005 Calendar. A formal annoucenment from the tournament promoter is expected shortly.

Im not sure if there has been an update on this since the announcement.

Can anyone confirm about the Canberra Youth Cup, seems to be very late for entry forms to go out for 28th/29th May as previously advertised.

quoted from a topic earlier in this forum (page 4)

Hi All,
Firstly I would like to thank all participents in last weekends Canberra Open in making it such a success. The weekend went very smoothly and I hope the bowlers had an enjoyable time.
I am posting this message to let all Youth bowlers and bowlers in general know that yes the Grand Prix events may have been cancelled for the rest of this season but AMF Belconnen will still be holding its Youth event.
Due to regulations we can not maintain the current name of Canberra Youth Cup so we are renaming it the "Canberra Youth Open". It will run on the same weekend as it was currently booked in for and we will be applying to TBA to have it a rankings event. I will post a correct answer on this matter as the time is closer.
The format will be the same and you will shortly see the entry forms on total bowling and available in centres around the country. The only thing that will change will be obviously the sponsors and we will be seeking them externally. So if you would like to sponsor or know of people to approach please contact Belconnen Bowl.
I would like to think that all our tournament bowlers will get behind this event and others that I am sure centres will now start to hold to try and help the tournament bowlers of Australia especially the youth bowlers. I wish all the bowlers the best and hope to see you at this event.

Kind Regards.
Ben Wright.
Centre Manager.
AMF Belconnen.

id have to say its still on. i am going over to canberra same as matt kanafa.

quoted from the main forum

Formal Announcement Re Cancellation of NSW Grand Prix Series

"After much deliberation it is with regret that AMF has decided to cancel the NSW Adult and Youth Grand Prix series for the duration of the 2005 calendar year.

Under the current structure it was not deemed economically viable to continue the series in its current form.

In place of the events that have been cancelled the company plans to hold two major tournaments later in the year – one open event and one youth event. The date, venue and format are still under construction and will be advised in the near future.

Understandably some people are concerned that they have already pre booked airfares for these events. We are currently looking at the possibility of crediting those bowlers with the cost of the airline “reissue fee”. It is envisaged that once proof of a reissuing fee is obtained, this credit would go against either of the two tournaments that we will be holding later in the year.

Negotiations are currently underway with TBA in an effort to obtain “double” ratings points for these future events.

All bowlers can be assured that AMF and Macquarie Leisure are committed to the development and progression of the sport at all levels – Junior, Youth, Adult and Senior and as such will be conducting various major events throughout Australia during 2006.

Youth Bowlers - Please note that the Canberra Youth Open at Belconnen Bowl scheduled for 28th and 29th May will definitely go ahead as scheduled. Negotiations are underway to resurrect this event as a nationally ranked tournament subject to TBAL approval. Cost, format and prize fund will be similar to Penrith Youth Cup. Keep watching Total Bowling for more detailed information.

Regards

Lloyd Klaman
Brad Menachemson
AMF Sydney Regional Managers"

Hey,

I would just like to say this is really unfair what is happening. I was originally going to come to Canberra, I had accomodation & airfares booked for two of us to come.

Once I heard the announcement by AMF, of course I immdeiately cancelled the accomodation and the two airfares that were booked. This lead to a charge of $66, $33 for each airfare to be cancelled. I have no problem with the events being cancelled, however, after reading what AMF had decided I took this action of cancelling my trip.

Now you guys are telling us that this event is back on? So after all the mucking around, and wasting $66 in cancellation fees and not only to mention the phone calls made to Canberra to book everything it's now back on?

Come on guys this really unfair for bowlers who are trying to book cheap airfares and plan which weekends they need off work as well missing university studies on the Friday to get to the event.

So if I want to goto this event, I have to re-book my airfares as well as have the $66 cancellation fees at my own expense, tell work that I cant work again and take the time off university?

Guys, make a decision. Just my thoughts.

Joel Lovegrove
TBA Melb Metro State Manager

Well, I personally dont think you would have had to have paid the $66 cancellation fee if you had read the posts carefully way back when they were first posted. It was very clear to me that the Canberra Youth Open (or whatever u wanna call it), would still be on even though the rest of the events were to be cancelled.

2005 National Ranked Events Cancellation

Saturday 12th March, 2005 - Tenpin Bowling Australia has been informed that the following 2005 Nationally Ranked Events have been cancelled:

* Penrith Open (Nov 26th-27th) - Nationally Ranked Men & Power Event
* Blacktown Invitational (April 9th-10th) - Nationally Ranked Youth Event
* Canberra Youth Cup (May 28th-29th) - Nationally Ranked Youth Event
* Bankstown Youth Cup (July 30th-31st) - Nationally Ranked Youth Event
* Illawarra Youth Cup (Nov 19th-20th) - Nationally Ranked Youth Event

These events have been removed fom the National Rankings Tour 2005 Calendar. A formal annoucenment from the tournament promoter is expected shortly.

From the TBA Website. Wouldnt any person kinda gather that it wasnt going to be on??

Joel

Yes very true, BUT if you were to have read the posts regarding it when they were put on here (the ones Alex quoted), it clearly states that this tournament will still be on.

YES it is still on, Ben Wright (AMF Belconnen Manager) will be on here in a day or two to give you all the information and will soon be collecting entrys.

Hope to see you all there :D .

Michael

Back
Top Bottom