Can Someone Please Explain To Me.....

Shadows Fall

Prince of Darkness
I am sorry if this seems like a silly question, or maybe I am having a blonde moment :D:D

With the current Rachuig tournament I note that in the combined Team totals Qld Invitational is listed as 1st on 74 points, yet NSW is listed as 2nd with 82 points and NT 3rd with 78.5 points.

In the men's division Tasmania has the most number of points with 43 and are sitting 1st and all subsequent placings are in order of total number of points won.

The same as the women's division where NSW have the most points with 51, and all subsequent placings are in order of number of points won.

I thought that the combined team totals would be the total of each men's and womens team, and that standing would be according to total number of points won (e.g. NSW Women 51 + NSW Men 31 = 82 points) ahead of QLD Invitational (QLDI Women 32 + QLDI Men 42 = 74 points)

So I guess what I am asking is have I missed something or is there a mistake in the standing sheet?

All help greatly appreciated and please don't be too harsh :D:D

Cheers

Steve

They are given 10points for 1st 9 for 2nd and so on this is used for the overall win not the amont of points won

Mark thanks for that, it still took a little bit for the penny to drop but now I totally understand.

Thanks heaps

Steve

Maybe to explain it a little different on what Mark said

Each Division is assigned points from 10 to 1 based on there overall position (not on total points). This is called 'allocated points'. If NSW Women have the most points they get 10 (irrelevant on how man points they are ahead of 2nd). If NSW Men are sitting 8th, they will get 3 points, combined total 13. It was introduced a few years ago on evening the playing field (basically stopping the NSW womens winning it for the State every year)

I'm tipping to NSW to come home over the top, but I hope I'm wrong and Queensland pulls something out of the bag

I'm tipping to NSW to come home over the top, but I hope I'm wrong and Queensland pulls something out of the bag

Well I am going to make the call that QLD are going to win the combined Teams and the Men's division and will finish top 3 in the ladies - you heard it here first :D

Back
Top Bottom