16th Darryl Alford 2432 202 avg
17th Joe Gatt 2407 200 avg
18th Ted Frost 2404 200 avg
19th Jason Pye 2398 199 avg
20th Mat Thomas 2348 195 avg
21st Brian Cutager 2309 192 avg
22nd Phil Ramsey 2212 184 avg
23rd Cameron Walsh 2151 179 avg

Squad B bowl in the morning, Top 12 go through to matchplay with carry over pinfall.

Congrats to Brian Pilkington's 298 (nice 7-10 out of the pocket)
icon_biggrin.gif

Ya gotta have a few shootouts i guess. How the hell did Phil and Walshy cough those numbers up? What would someone like Billy or Belmo do on this condition? To be honest i havent bowled on a wall like that since i shot 4/1000 when Mt Gambier had a brief 'scoring explosion' about 5 years ago so i've almost forgotten what it's like to just watch a ball hit the pocket from near anywhere.
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif

Like Adrian said, sometimes its good to have a shoot out. The scores in qualifying were certainly high, and they didn't change today. Lawrie "Animal" Hill shooting the only perfect game for the weekend.

6 lefties and 6 righties contested the final. The lead changing several times through out the day, within the first 5 games we had 3 different leaders. At the end it was Nev "Nifty" Castle and me who had the 1 game shoot out. Nifty defeating me 214-197.

Here are the top 4

Winner - Nev Castle
runner up - George Frilingos
3rd Jon King
4th Brandon Qualifschefski

When I get the final sheet, I'll post it.

Yes the scores were high, but everyone had the same condition and you had to carry to shoot the scores. Congrats to Nev on his win, some what of an underdog the local 60+ veteran showed us young guns how to do it.

Thanks to Batesy and Kegle for sponsoring the event. The payed out as they said they would and even paid out 2 more places.

Sport series in 2 weeks at Caboolture on the 4 August, I can assure everyone the scores will be lower.

G

Well done nev. carry was the word, i have never had so many ten pins in my life. the lefties seem to have carried better though.

HOW EASY ARE THEY?.......Wayne they are as easy as everywhere else around Australia.
But everyone knows about Caboolture.
Look at all the other Tournies around Australia, and scores are through the roof.
It just ****S me that everyone has a go at Caboolture and NOWHERE else.
I agree that the house condition is easy, everyone would, but the trend seems to be catching on everywhere.Take a look at Chermside.Scores are crazy there, but nothing is said.
Let us see how the NSW OPEN scores at Bankstown. I am sure they will be just as EASY as anywhere else.This is why our SPORTS SERIES at Cabolture is going well.Brian is trying something new, and I have only heard good things from the bowlers.
By the way...........Well done to the OLD FELLA "NIFTY" for his win.And to Brando for winning the comp for the righties.HAHA!!

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION!!!
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_eek.gif

We would like to thank Brian and Kegel for the tournament on the weekend....the bowling was good, especially when accuracy was maintained. Dwambo is right...why pick on Caboolture all the time? There may be a "wall" there, but you still have to have the consistency with your shot to make the most of it...and some of the scores will attest to the fact that not all the bowlers were able to use it to their advantage. If Caboolture was sooooo easy, then you could bet my bloody name would be on the honour wall too, along with everybody else!!!!

Congrats to Nifty on a great result, also to George and Jon for ensuring that the end result wasn't a foregone conclusion midway thru the day!

I just want to say how proud I was of my Jag...he snapped a ligament in his leg during the 4th frame of the 8th game, and still limped home to finish 5th overall...he thoroughly enjoyed the tournament, despite the injury, and found all the guys a pleasure to bowl with. With 4 out of the top 5 being lefthanders, not to mention 2 of them OVER 55, all we can say is GO THE LEFTIES!!!!
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_cool.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Broni

ps..Jag wants to thank the cheer squads too!
icon_rolleyes.gif

Well all I can say is, "most of you idiots have got to be stupid". I thought you all said how EASY Caboolture is! Why then was there only 1, yes 1, 300 bowled for the weekend?You guys are all soooooo good I expected to see at least 6 or 7 from you all. No? Why not? The next thing you'll be telling people is that Nifty only one because Caboolture is his home centre! Let me assure those people that don't know 'NIFTY' Nev Castle, that he is one of the nicest men & a great bowler to boot. And, more importantly, he doesn't whinge about lane conditions, he just gets out there & works on his shot & gets on with the job.You guys are NEVER happy. For years I have listened to you all whinge about the s*** conditions that the centres were putting out & that you wouldn't spend good money to bowl on that crap. Now that the technicians have worked out a way for you all to bowl (& fairly I might add!), you are still whinging! Please explain!!!
icon_confused.gif
I really feel sorry for the centre managers, they're damned if they do & damned if they don't! Just for a change, why don't you go, enjoy our wonderful sport, & STOP BEING SO NEGATIVE all the time. It's no wonder we are not having any luck with olympic recognition. Who would consider including a sport where they can make none of the bowlers happy none of the time! Grow up & stop destroying our sport because it IS you guys that are doing it!!!!!!
icon_rolleyes.gif
icon_sad.gif

As everyone can plainly see, I'm not afraid to put my name to my postings. Others on this forum who use a nickname are either known by many because they have told us who they are, or just plain wish to remain anonymous. That's entirely their choice. I do not applaud or resent them for doing so.

I do not bag Caboolture unfairly. I'm against soft conditions everywhere. Maybe it's because I'm jealous of bowlers with little experience or what I consider to be a lack of talent, or maybe it's because I wish I had their "hand" It's entirely possible that I just have not evolved along with the sport. I don't have the answer and neither do you. What would be nice to see for a change, is some of these wall babies, come out and bowl some of the national tournaments and show us non-believers that Caboolture, Hyperbowl, Ed Fleming, Canberra Int'l and all the other easy scoring centres of the world are in fact doing the right thing for this sport and not contributing to bowling beig faced with yet another Olympics rejection.

Simply put..Bowling is not in the Olympics because the best bowler usually doesn't win. Talent and form has been replaced by oil patterns and $450 bowling balls.

Wayne Chester

all i know is, that until you can bring the scores back to 215 or less i wont be there.

back luck pilko on the 298, gees that pops up half way thru the game, you bowl 260 odd, and thats the difference.

when the roll of a messenger determines who wins the tournament, then the sport has problems.

i agree to average high can be mentally and physically demanding.

but from past experience, caboolture is about who can throw the shot as soft as he can, will score.

well i am going to powder my nose now, as i will be dammed if i am going to do that to my bowling ball.

congrats to all those that went well.

where did carl finish??????

Craig,

You should come up to Caboolture and bowl the sports series then.
There are a few guys that travel from the coast, and it sure is different to bowling on the house condition !!!!
Up to you....Just a thought.We are always looking for newcomers to the series.

And for those who don't know........

Dwayne Szklarczyk (dwambo)
icon_biggrin.gif

Can someone please tell me why Cam Walsh is bowling so bad?
He is a far better bowler than the scores i have seen from him in some tournaments this year.

Rob T

Back
Top Bottom