Brunswick cup Win a spot + youth

CBateup

regular
Hi from Tuggeranong
With the Brunswick Australian Cup on the 1st and 2nd of December and the youth cup on the 8th & 9th of December, Canberra International bowl is holding a win a spot Tounament for both events.
Win a Spot dates are 16th of November for Brunswick cup, Youth cup the 23rd of November. Both starting at 9pm. Cost is $60, 10 games for you chance to win a free entry.
If i have the oil pattern for both events it will be set for the win a spot tournament, so a good opportunity to see how it plays.
To book you spot either leave a post here or call me or Belinda at the bowl.
Chris Bateup

Hi Chris,

You are probably not the best person to ask this question as all centres have there own management but i was wondering if there were any plans to have a win a spot for the Brunswick Australia Cup in a Sydney Metropolitan bowling centre at all. I believe there is one on in Victoria from memory and now one at the bowling centre that will be hosting (and i believe that is a great idea considering the oil pattern will be put down that will be used for the tournament proper if you get the patttern in time) so i was just wondering if there is one planned for Sydney metro.

I am already down to bowl in the Brunswick Australia Cup so i would very much entertain the idea of bowling in one if they were going to run one up here, as it is i am umming and aaarrring over whether i should go for a friday night drive down to Tuggeranong, as it is i am already going to be there for Queanbeyan city Championships the week before and the week after Brunswick cup and for the price it is great value anyway at $60 for 10 games.

By the wayi have not agreed to bowl yet as i was wanting to know first if there will be one in Sydney.

Also just on this one if you bowl in this win a spot does the 60 dollars come off your entry fee for the corrosponding tournament like they did with the Australian Open win a spots across the nation earlier this year or is this just for bowling to win the chance to win a spot and full payment will still be required if you don't win.

I would expect the answer to be no its just for the rolloff for the spot but it does not hurt to ask these questions.

Anyway i have rambled enough, it would be good for someone from an AMF centre in Sydney to take the initiative and put one of these on if they have not already but i am just not aware of as yet.

Man when i start typing i never stop lol

Michael Mclaren
tickets for short lol

Hey Chris, would like to have bowled but the Country Challenge finals are on in Gosford commencing on the Saturday 17th. A number of bowlers including myself will be travelling on the Friday, so unless the dates for Youth and Adult could be reversed, then there may be a number of local abscences. Any chance of that happening?

Andrew

P.S. Haven't heard from Brett re Sponsorship!

Hi Michael what area of sydney are you from i will contact your local centre to see if there is enough interest as we need 15 people to cover the cost of the spot. No sorry it does not come of the cost.
Hi Andrew have spoken to Brett he was going to call you.
Thanks

Chris

thanks for the reply Chris,

I am from the Mt.druitt area but it does not have to be Mt.druitt bowl if they don't want to put it on (although that would be good) as i am close to Penrith, Blacktown, Castle Hill and would have no problems also going to others around the area such as North Strathfield, Fairfield or any other AMF in the metro area, if not i am still entertaining a drive down to tuggeranong if that does not eventuate.

Anyway thanks for the reply and i am sure if one of the centres put one on that they would get atleast 15 bowlers up to bowl as i think there may be more than that bowling already in the tournament that are already going and the cherry of free entry could have them running for a $60 rolloff.

Michael Mclaren
tickets for short lol

I remember BowlAustralia used to run one, I don't know if it's the same management still at Castle Hill... ?

Hi Chris.
Any chance of making the Youth win a spot a bit earlier than 9 p.m?

Hope so.

Thanx.
Lynda

I think making both Fridays "win a spot" for both comps, with winners announced on the final Friday. Might work that way.

Yes both 9pm, and yes thats the earliest i can run it. League finishes at 8.30pm 30min to condition lanes.

Chris

Change of dates.
Due to CC grand final on the weekend of the 17th and 18th of Nov. Friday the 16th will now be for youth and the 23rd will be for brunswick.

Chris

Great to hear you could accomodate the change of dates:). I will bowl on the 23rd, hopefully well! Cheers Andrew C

On the weekend of 17th & 18th November is the 2007 Youth Champion of Champions in Queensland and I know that a couple of our Youth bowlers have their names down to bowl in it, so changing the dates for the youth will mean that these bowlers will miss out on a chance to win a Brunswick spot. This Tournament is also a TBA Nationally Ranked Tournament.

Cheers

Heather Cunningham

Hard to please everyone. How about one big event on the second friday, multiple nominations (for those eligble) permitted?

I'll still be there, hopefully we won't run too late!

No offence meant to anyone here but in relation to it being a TBA national tournament, wouldn't it make sence then to have a roll off in each state rather then make bowlers come to Canberra the week before the brunswick australia cup and 2 weeks before youth cup.

My point being is that maybe you should talk to your local bowling alley and if enough entries can be attained then i am sure they would run one there so that you could save on the travel.

This win a spot roll off, i am pretty sure was created by Chris to allow the local bowlers in canberra an opportunity to win a spot in the corresponding tournaments they were thinking of bowling in and not for Queensland or for that matter any other state bowlers to come over, although Chris would never say no to any bowler that wanted to bowl.

Chris is doing the right thing by changing dates to suit the local contingent of bowlers that want to have a shot at winning a spot in these tournaments, especially for the youth bowlers.

Once again to save time and money on the part of queensland bowlers have a chat to the local bowling alleys and see if they cannot put one on to win a spot, i know they have done or will be doing shortly one in Melbourne so it is not something that has to run in Canberra alone.

Hope i was not to harsh and i would just add that by changing the dates around for the win a spots i cannot go because i will be attending a Darrell holt meeting that night for NSW but i am not complaining, thats the way things are and i hope that something can be organised hopefully in the sydney metropolitan area for a win a spot somewhere there that i might be able to bowl in otherwise i will just attend the Brunswick Australia Cup and pay the entry fee, and this is coming from a guy who is only averaging 162 at the moment and probably has next to no chance of making the cut anyway lol.

Michael Mclaren
tickets for short lol

Tickets, I think Heather meant that a number of our local youth will be in queensland competing in an event - not that it simply clashed with a queensland event...

ok i stand corrected, my apologises to all concerned, what do they say about assumptions lol.

Michael Mclaren
tickets for short lol

ps Jeff i will be sending through an entry form for the queanbeyan championships over the next week or so for me and my 2 mates to bowl in all events, what would be the best option sending to your email address, if so please pm this info and i will type one up and send it through for you, booking motel tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom