Brisbane Cup Tournament NEW FORMAT

Graham

Staff member
Mt Gravatt .. under the new management of Victor Kiwi Kiwi .. Victor has been the head tech at Richlands for the past .. well since it opened in the early 90's, and has been at Mt Gravatt for the past week. Already he has overseen the overhaul of the Mt Gravatt oiling machine and already the conditions are starting to improve.

BRISBANE CUP: $175.00 Entry Fee

Singles Scratch

Saturday 31st August Squad A : Check In 10.30am Bowl 11am Bowling 12 games

LANES STRIPPED & OILED

Saturday 31st August Squad B : Check In 2.00pm Bowl 2.30pm Bowling 12 games

Sunday 1st September Squad A & B : Check In 8.30am Bowl 9.00am Bowling 12 games
Scratch pin fall carried from Saturday..

Total scratch pinfall determines Winner….

1st $750 2nd $550 3rd $400 4th $350 5th $325 6th $300 7th $275 8th $250 9th $225 10th $200 11th $ 175 12th $170 13th$160 14th $160 15th $155 16th $150 17th $145 18th $140 19th $135 20th $130 21st$125 22nd$120 23rd$115 24th$110

BONUS $100 FOR HIGHEST SERIES BLOCK……

Mt Gravatt .. under the new management of Victor Kiwi Kiwi .. Victor has been the head tech at Richlands for the past .. well since it opened in the early 90's, and has been at Mt Gravatt for the past week. Already he has overseen the overhaul of the Mt Gravatt oiling machine and already the conditions are starting to improve.

BRISBANE CUP: $175.00 Entry Fee

Singles Scratch

Saturday 31st August Squad A : Check In 10.30am Bowl 11am Bowling 12 games

LANES STRIPPED & OILED

Saturday 31st August Squad B : Check In 2.00pm Bowl 2.30pm Bowling 12 games

Sunday 1st September Squad A & B : Check In 8.30am Bowl 9.00am Bowling 12 games
Scratch pin fall carried from Saturday..

Total scratch pinfall determines Winner….

1st $750 2nd $550 3rd $400 4th $350 5th $325 6th $300 7th $275 8th $250 9th $225 10th $200 11th $ 175 12th $170 13th$160 14th $160 15th $155 16th $150 17th $145 18th $140 19th $135 20th $130 21st$125 22nd$120 23rd$115 24th$110

BONUS $100 FOR HIGHEST SERIES BLOCK……

well we all know that Victor will have the lanes in tip top condition for the cup. and as for that 350 cut off what a joke i am glad that it has changed. good work Vic

Whilst I am glad the dates have been changed and the format has been changed, I wonder what happened to the suggested format that was discussed between a few bowlers after Richlands. I hope in the near future that the qualifying then seeding elimination format can be adopted.

Let's hope everyone puts there past memories and experiences of Mt Gravatt behind them and give Victor a chance of proving himself and setting a fair condition. See everyone there!

well we all know that Victor will have the lanes in tip top condition for the cup. and as for that 350 cut off what a joke i am glad that it has changed. good work Vic

Whilst I am glad the dates have been changed and the format has been changed, I wonder what happened to the suggested format that was discussed between a few bowlers after Richlands. I hope in the near future that the qualifying then seeding elimination format can be adopted.

Let's hope everyone puts there past memories and experiences of Mt Gravatt behind them and give Victor a chance of proving himself and setting a fair condition. See everyone there!

George

I have discussed this format with Victor and already we are planning to hold a tournament with that format later in the year .. will keep you updated.

I agree with George on this, we bowl in tornaments to make a cut and there isnt a lot of tornaments around that have a cut off anymore. The people who make the cut get the right to come back the next day.

George

I have discussed this format with Victor and already we are planning to hold a tournament with that format later in the year .. will keep you updated.

I agree with George on this, we bowl in tornaments to make a cut and there isnt a lot of tornaments around that have a cut off anymore. The people who make the cut get the right to come back the next day.

I think it is pretty poor that all of you who complained about the first format (doubles) for the Birsbane Cup haven't put their names down for the newly formatted one.

You argued to get it changed and now it has been as to get more entries and field new bowlers. I don't see the likes of any of the people who voiced their opinions having their name down to bowl at the end of this month.

Unless you are waiting to do it the week before, then that better be the case, because this was changed to satisfy and field more bowlers to make it a successful tournament like the Cup was a few years ago.

All i can say is give it a go. Put your name down, come have a bowl and some fun at the same time.

Kim Barry.

Unfortunately there are still concerns over the format .. that many games - no matter what way you look at it - eats into the prize fund considerably.

10th place giving you a return of $25 thats IF the proposed field of 60 bowlers attend. I've spoken with Victor about these concerns - see what comes out of it in the coming days :)

ps also a word of advice .. you probably shouldnt get peoples backs up by saying I don't see any of you whingers with your name down then in the next breath saying come and bowl and have some fun. Not really how i would recommend promoting a tournament. :p :p

all i can say is that i have not seen an official entry form in my centre yet to say that the cup is on

so how can you expect bowlers to put their names down, when there have been no entry forms sent over to our centre???

Jason

One was sent to every centre in South East Queensland .. if you want a copy of it, it is available for download in the Tournament Entry Forms section.

If you like i will drop one off during the week.

Back
Top Bottom