Bowlers wanted for Good Friday Appeal

STEROID

Hi Everyone,

Find attached an initiative that Steve Arundell and I are doing on April 10. Please support us with this!

If you have any questions, please email me on [email protected]

chris

Attachments

• DSC01024a.JPG
    DSC01024a.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Good Friday Appeal Ad.doc
    70.5 KB · Views: 147
That is a SUPER idea..

I will try to get there, and to spread the word with the bowlers I know that may not see the post here.

Hey Chris good job but if your gonna get a shaved top go all the way mate. Wish you well in your marathon bid. Cheers.

Hi Everyone,

One of the reasons for doing this is to try to get some exposure for bowling... so the more that we can make for the Good Friday Appeal, then the more chances to get media attention during the event. So, please help Steve and I out. At present, I have 2 people that plan on sponsoring me, and I hope to bowl at least 40 games, however, if I don't have the potential to earn at least $500 for the cause, I will probably cancel my part of the effort. So, please help us earn some money by posting here or going to the website on the attachment and pledging. Also, if you are thinking about coming down to have a practice on Good Friday, please post a thread here so we know what to expect for that day.

Finally, Mr. HOLD3M... I would have had to use a razor on my head to go any further with it... I definitely won't get as close as you do. ;) But I do know this is the least amount of hair I've had since I remember! I also know that I'm not really going bald, but my hairline is receeding :p

Again, please post here if you want to sponsor me or you plan on coming down for a practice on Good Friday.

Hope that we can do something for the kids!!
chris

Ok Jane and i will sponsor you a dollar a game also if you shave your head with a razor and post the pic on this site i will add 20 dollars on top of the sponsorship deal. Come on man you can do it! Cheers the BALD HEADED RAZOR GUY and Jane.

Chris, I'll sponsor you for $1 per game as well.:):)

Come on guys, let's get behind Chris and raise lots of money for the Good Friday Childrens Hospital Appeal.

Just for you Doc.

$1.00 for every game under 200 you bowl
$2.00 for every game between 201-225 you bowl
$3.00 for every game between 226-250 you bowl
$5.00 for every game 251+ you bowl

Thanks so much to everyone who has posted their sponsorship on this thread and also has donated already!! I really appreciate it! I am still only half way to my individual goal of $1000 raised for the Good Friday Appeal, so please help out with this cause!

Steevie, thanks so much for the pledge per game, I'll do my best in bowling as many 251+ games... hopefully I won't break you!

Ralph, thanks so much for your sponsorship as well, but I don't think I'll take you up on the razor shave part... $20 just isn't enough to go that close, considering I raised around $300 for the World's Greatest Shave... I could be pursuaded with a bit more cash on the table to do that one... Either way, I'm happy with your and Jane's pledge and appreciate it very much!

Again, as Good Friday draws closer... please post on here to inform Steve and I if you plan on coming down to practice or if you want to sponsor me.

Dr. Chris

Hi chris

I will give you 20cents per strike if you get 200 strikes I will add another $20.00 and for the first 300 $50.00 so I have faith that you will be able to do this

:rockon::rockon::rockon: ;)

Hi everyone,

Thanks again for all those that have sponsored me for this. Thus far, I have almost reached my goal of $1000 (based on me bowling 40 games), but need a bit more. I have around $900 so far, so please help me out with this cause. Also, you can help by coming down to Mentone bowl to practice and keeping me motivated especially in the afternoon and night!!!

Thanks again bowlers for helping, but we still need to raise more...
chris

Hi Everyone,

Just got a phone call today from a staff member of 3AW radio and they will be checking in with me during the bowling marathon to see how I am going with my games during the day. I have also changed my individual goal to $2000 considering I have already raised over $1500 (based on me bowling 40 games during the marathon), so if you haven't donated please give... or please come down to Mentone bowl during Good Friday to practice!

thanks so far to everyone who has donated!
chris

It's a pity that neither the Herald Sun or The Age have given any publicity to this commendable effort by Chris. And what about Channel 7 - hopefully they might give you a bit of a run during the appeal on Good Friday.

Good luck Chris, hope you and Mentone Bowl raise heaps for the RCH!!

:bounce8:

Yes Noelene... I'm hopeful that the Herald Sun or Channel 7 will do something...

Just a reminder to everyone to come down to Mentone tomorrow to have a practice. It would be good to catch up with people during the 12 hours that I am there. Especially in the afternoon and evening, when I am struggling physically and need motivation!

Also, it appears that 3AW 693 (fm?) will be checking in with me sometime between 1-2pm and also 3-4pm to see how I'm going, so listen to the radio during that time and you may here some interesting bowling news...

I'm hoping and looking forward to seeing some faces I haven't seen in a while at Mentone tomorrow!!!

chris

Hi Everyone,

Just an update... after 12 hours of bowling, a torn up hand and lots of fun. I mananged to bowl 51 games today for the good friday appeal. That is an estimated $2300 for the cause... So for those that sponsored me. Get your wallets out and go to the everyday heros website and donate. Thanks again for those that donated! I'm off to bed now and hopefully not going to be too sore in the morning.

chris

Great effort Chris - 51 games!

And you will have a reminder of your feat yesterday, a sore back and hand and probably a few more areas.

Hope you will post your stats, for all to see just how well you bowled over such a long period.

Well done.

Guys don't forget to get your pledges to Chris asap!:)

Back
Top Bottom