Bowlers 35 plus

Anthony L

Tony Long
Hi All,
The ATBSO has passed a motion that now allows bowlers 35+ to bowl in our monthly tournaments (Sundays) under TBA tournament rules and regs as Associate Members so if you are interested and require more info please contact me.... the next few tournaments are as follows - August 14th at Village Bowl - September 18th at Woodville Bowl - October 9th at Noarlunga Bowl - November 6th at Norwood Bowl - and December 4th at Cross Road Bowl so as you can see we hold tournaments in various centres around Adelaide.... cheers Tony Long

Not sure Brenton, Don't know why they bother calling it seniors anymore.............:)

membership drive for potentials I suppose..............

Cheers

Tony

Brenton it is for bowlers 35 to 45 to become Associate Members and can compete in the Monthly Tournaments but NOT in the Seniors Rolloffs or Masters... as there is not much on offer in regards to Tournaments these days it is an apporturnity for them to compete.. depending on how it goes next year we may reduce the age further.... hope this helps... cheers Tony

WOW now I can bowl with the SA Seniors LOL
WA have had associate Senior members for years seems to work ok for them.
One should maybe look at it as an apprenticeship to "seniorhood" - a breeding ground for the growing mass
of senior competitive bowlers

KJ

I think it's great to allow bowlers to bowl when there are no tournaments in SA but how do the seniors feel about it? How do you think they'll feel when the youngling's start wining all the tournaments? Do you think it will start putting them off from bowling?

I'm not trying to be negative here while I'm currently not able to bowl but I thought there was a reason the age was set at 45?

Just a thought!

Bmann

Brenton - do you think that just because you turn 45 that you are not able to bowl anymore - cant believe you wrote that - just have a look at some of the guys and girls going around these days over the age of 45 that will out perform some of the younger ones... some that spring to mind C Hunt R Chinner T Stoppel J Baker - do l need to go on and besides the Seniors Tournaments are handicapped and to Carlos yes it was voted on and that is how it was passed.... by the way l think and l am not sure but WA allow 18 yrs + to bowl in there Tournaments .... cheers

yes tony ur right 18 age limit in wa, and they been doin it for few years looking back thru their records we been told young ones have not dominated think few people need to go watch a seniors tourny think they will be shocked and i believe we are now the fourth state to introduce this well done. now we just on edge of getting in have got something to bowl in, I for 1 am rapt.
LEANNE GOROSTIAGA

Enough said. I am happy to be able to bowl in any tournament in SA so i will be supporting the change. Cheers Tony

Brenton - do you think that just because you turn 45 that you are not able to bowl anymore - cant believe you wrote that - just have a look at some of the guys and girls going around these days over the age of 45 that will out perform some of the younger ones... some that spring to mind C Hunt R Chinner T Stoppel J Baker - do l need to go on and besides the Seniors Tournaments are handicapped and to Carlos yes it was voted on and that is how it was passed.... by the way l think and l am not sure but WA allow 18 yrs + to bowl in there Tournaments .... cheers

New I should have moved to WA years ago. New there was a reason I felt like a senior when I hit 18.

OK Tony, I meant no harm. I have a lot of respect for people trying to increase numbers in what is a diminishing sport in SA. The good thing about bowling is you can still bowl when your in your 90"s. :) I look forward to meeting you again on the lanes.

By the way I how you enjoy your retirement.

Bmann

Brenton no harm taken and yes we are just trying to assist bowling in this state with a little bit of tournament play each month for the younger set and you never know if it is successful we may put the age down to 25+ next year... and thanks for your wishes... cheers Tony

How about touring league! :D :slap_1gtk: :gun1:

Only joking, good to see that someone is trying to get bowling happening again. I do remember the good ol days where entry was under $100 and winning got you $500 and a red major shirt! We use to bowl as an enjoyment against others, the standard was high and you earned the win.

Bmann

Back
Top Bottom