bored

simo

i am board with S A bowling there is nothing to bowl in here unless you are 45 years old or under 18 mmmmm will S A tba be filling this gap mmmm

well it has been tried before due to lack of support it never got off the ground

maybe this is a good time to ask people what they would want to bowl in for tournaments,

when was this. must not have been well advertised i never heard about it . there must not have been much of an effort put in to it. or is that you wont come down to elizabeth way or that we are not amf ? andrew

none of the above

we were working on a a teams circuit supposed to start in april in the metro area and sent info including flyers and forms to all centres in metro adelaide and got zip from most of them, had some interested at norlunga, woodville, and salisbury but not enough to be able to start it up swe had games rates forms and all ready just no one to bowl

you might want to stick a rocket up elizabeths backside if this didn't get passed out as they were going to put it on the notice board

noramally we when we start things like this normally we try to start at woodville as we get competiative game rates and far more support from the centre than anywhere else, once we've got it moving we look at travelling as with have done with tricentre cup, and junior intercentre

i am board with S A bowling there is nothing to bowl in here unless you are 45 years old or under 18 mmmmm will S A tba be filling this gap mmmm

I have a question for you and a suggestion…

WHY is it TBASA’s job to give you something to bowl in…?

If you’re bored, organise your own Circuit or Tournament to bowl in and promote on here to fill it up…

If you haven’t worked it out by now tournaments are not just going to pop up and grow without the bowlers…So here is a suggestion, organise it yourself, and get it going then you have something to bowl in…Rather than post a thread about being bored you could post one about an up and coming tournament and also post squad lists…

Just a suggestion…Worked in QLD we now have a FULL tournament calendar for 2008 already planned out two weeks ago…

Good luck with it…

Andrew,

although it may sometimes seem easier to blame others when things don't work out, perhaps the reason this tournament didn't attract much interest was because it didn't appeal to the bowlers.

the problem with a notice board is that people still have to go and look at it themselves...(if the bowlers aren't looking, then they won't find)

p.s. i placed your tournament personally on the notice board at elizabeth so maybe you need to put that rocket down just for a moment

regards,
paul streatfield
elizabeth bowland

There people go again blaming each other - what a wonderful world.

The last time we had any decent bowling in SA was when Tony S & Rob C worked there ass off & actually seeked bowlers & rang them. But that's going to cost time & money.
I cant remember the last time someone appoached me & ask me to bowl in a tournament personnaly (that was not Rob or Tony). Perhaps someone should ask these people on how to do it. or are they to Old School.

Dave K

paul was that the junior doubles that you put up or the adult 4's? if it was the doubles i know why we didn't get anyone

also did you give copies to each league go to the bowlers and talk to them about it ask it they wanted to bowl or what they wanted to bowl in?

the last couple of times we've tried to get something running at woodville or something that may end up travelling we;ve hit the block that i can ask people around woodville no problem but as i don't bowl at another centre at the moment i don't get time to go the centres and ask people personally, so i have to rely on centres to promote things amongst their leagues which 8 times out of 10 doesn't happen. it does in some cases but very rarely,

I have a question for you and a suggestion…
WHY is it TBASA’s job to give you something to bowl in…?
If you’re bored, organise your own Circuit or Tournament to bowl in and promote on here to fill it up…
If you haven’t worked it out by now tournaments are not just going to pop up and grow without the bowlers…So here is a suggestion, organise it yourself, and get it going then you have something to bowl in…Rather than post a thread about being bored you could post one about an up and coming tournament and also post squad lists…
Just a suggestion…Worked in QLD we now have a FULL tournament calendar for 2008 already planned out two weeks ago…
Good luck with it…

your wright jase i have got one touni running successfuly at salisbury bowland its salisbury single`s which posting it on here has helped it alot

i just wonted to see if there are still people that care about bowling in s a and hope another centre in s a might and try get another one going

also andrew no one wont`s to bowl team tourni`s do a survey see what people wont to bowl in and we will have a meeting and try get somthing going in s a

paul was that the junior doubles that you put up or the adult 4's? if it was the doubles i know why we didn't get anyone

also did you give copies to each league go to the bowlers and talk to them about it ask it they wanted to bowl or what they wanted to bowl in?

the last couple of times we've tried to get something running at woodville or something that may end up travelling we;ve hit the block that i can ask people around woodville no problem but as i don't bowl at another centre at the moment i don't get time to go the centres and ask people personally, so i have to rely on centres to promote things amongst their leagues which 8 times out of 10 doesn't happen. it does in some cases but very rarely,

andrew paul has a tourni at elizabeth bowl its northern open

and your doubles i have sent some off my juniors from salisbury bowl there

try and get a decent adult tourni going at woodville meaning singles make it attractive to bowlers and they will bowl

"make it attractive to bowlers"

what do you define as attractive, low cost or more money for the prizefund

simo if your at woodville tommorow come and see me i'll be in the tournament room and i'll get a list of what you think would be attactive

but yes there has to be prize money involved or you wont get any thing going thease guys have paid there dues over the years in entry fee`s all over australia so no you wont get them bowling with out the opertunity to get some return or the chance to get there money back

but how much is the question, i mean short of finding a major sponsor you can't have $5000 a month without having a lot or people or massive cost to people on the other hand depending on the number and how much they are willing to pay per month you could easily make about the $500 - 1000 mark

work it out i am not going to all the thinking for you there are plenty of tourni curcuts floating for as a guide you work out some numbers and i will go over it with you and see if we can make it happen

There used to be a circuit bowling when SAMBA was going but because in the end not a lot of bowlers turned up it folded. It used to be bowled in most centres around SA. It ran for a lot of years but folded because no-one was interested so what does that tell u.

and it's people like you, Chook who are willing to sit here and ***** about it rather than do something about it. I know simo personally, as I'm sure you do and he has his own tournament, can that be said about you? Thought not.

Are you just looking for trouble on here? Because you've found it.

Back
Top Bottom