Best Tourney in Victoria

GoTheCell

Banned
We have a "best centre" thread so why not a best tourney thread.

I'll nominate Sunraysia Marathon. Booked out 12 months in advance and people keep coming back year after year even though it is a bit of a trip for most of them. Cant ask for much more.

I'd have to say Country Cup.
Cant go past it for atmosphere, sportsmanship and competition and the ongoing mens shepp vs sunraysia rivalry.. :p

Sunraysia Marathon would be 2nd on my list.

i'm only a junior. and havn't bowled many tournaments at all. but last year i bowled junior country cup, junior shield and emerson. my favourite would have to be shield. was great. the atmosphere was great. it was loud, being from shepp is normal. lol. :)

One of the best (in its day) Warrnambool Cup - without question.
It became a social event in its own right thanks to the outstanding generosity of Mr Neville Vagg. Great payout of 1 in 2 helped the participation I guess.

Sunraysia Marathon is good too, its a long serving event for its type and has a great atmosphere.

CCup is a great teams event, a lot of history and rivalry's (and friends). To win it, you know you've earned it I am sure.
And Sorry Trav, atmosphere last year (as a spectator) was not what it has been.

Werribbee knows how to treat Juniors and Youth (and adults for that matter), not many others rival the attendance at the youth events - or the scores!

I guess it all depends on what you're after - the Seniors has a great following, as does the Vic Sports Series. Different strokes for different folks.

David.

I haven't spectated a CCup Dave so i cant comment on it as a spectator only as a competitor ;)

I've only bowled a couple, and watched about 3, usually atmosphere is sensational, last year seemed a little flat - anyhoo, this year is another year, and hopefully an enjoyable one. :)

Sunraysia 60 game marathon all the way. 5 years ago i would of said C/Cup but its not what it once was.

Deano

Dandy marathon only in it"s infancy but was top notch in the innaugral year 2008. Looking forward to defending the title with Tonx and Billy.

Best Tournament in Victoria has got to be the National Youth Cup and Youth Teams Challenge at Werribee Superbowl. We've been hosting this event since 2006 and have this event again in 2010. The best bowlers in the country and some of the best customers to have in our centre. Can't wait for 2010.
Love the pics on Facebook guys.

Love Dozza ;););)

i ahve to agree with dozza..
the national youth tourny is a pretty good one actually..
i bowled in the cup for the first time this year
and evan tho i didnt do as well as i had hoped
it was still an awsome weekend..
and i was pretty much there the whole week during the youth teams challenge
and the atmosphere was amazing..
werribee has done an awsome as job

cant wait for next years :)

I also wouldn't go past werribee youth cup aswell been a great tourmament for years. looking forward to my last werribee youth this year.
National Youth Cup and Youth Challenge also a great tournament.

Back
Top Bottom