Belmo wins ABF Indonesia leg

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
I got knocked out 2nd round (dam brooklyns), Belmo went all the way in an impressive come from behind victory in the finals. Belmo threw 2 in the 10th to win 244to 237 over Oscar from Indonesia.

Story at www.abf-online.org

Narow victories for Aussie, Hong Kong lass

18th October, Jakarta: PBA pro bowler, Jason Belmonte of Australia and Hong Kong national bowler, Vanessa Fung took narrow victories in the ABF Tour Indonesia leg at Jaya Ancol Bowling Centre on Sunday evening.
ABF Tour - Indonesia logo

Tour debutant and sole Indonesian survivor, Oscar started a cracking pace with four bagger to take a 20 pins lead over Jason Belmonte as the Aussie managed only a double in the third and fourth frames.

A quick change of ball in the sixth frame by Belmonte amde the difference as he started to string together three strikes in a row from the seventh frame to draw level with the 31-year-old Indonesian.

Oscar managed to spare and a strike in his last frame to end with 237 forcing Belmonte to strike out. The Aussie responsed to the challenge to bring home a double in the tenth frame to edge out a narrow victory over Oscar with 244.

Men's Champion
Jason Belmonte claiming the Men's title after a three year's absence

"The biggest satisfaction was finding a strike in the tenth and elevnth frames to secure the win," said the 26-year-old PBA Tour winner, Belmonte. "I changed my bowling ball in the sixth frame and I missed the pocket and I thought I had made the wrong decision.

"But fortunately, the strikes started to come back thereafter. I've always enjoy bowling in the tour especially in the knockout format which brings the best out of you. Now I've to think about going for the final stop in Hong Kong in order to earn more points to secure a place in the Grand Slam.

The champion posted the highest game of the tour with a 280-195 victory over Macau leg champion, Joshua Chow of Hong Kong in the first round. He also shot another high game when he defeated Rudy Goenawan of Indonesia, 265-173 in the second semi-finals to book his place in the finals.

Oscar took out last year's tour first runnerup, Phiriyahbhoon P. of Thailand, 188-177 to advance in the finals to face Belmonte. Oscar also ousted fellow-compatriots, Hengky Susanto, 256-180 in Round 2 and Ryan Lalisang, 205-174 in Round 1.

The top 16 men and top 16 women in the tour rankings qualified for the Tournament of Champions which will be held in January 2011. The final leg will be held in Hong Kong on September 19.

Attachments

• MO_champ.jpg
    MO_champ.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 15
Back
Top Bottom