Been a bit suss about the site stats???

Finchy

Today I found this little piece of info at the bottom of the home page:-

"Most users ever online was 512, 1 Day Ago at 03:54 AM"

G, surely this is not correct, somehow I can't believe that there were over 500 people up at almost 4.00am (on a school night) looking at the totalbowling website.

Are people still considered logged in even if they are not accessing the site, just because they haven't logged out?

Makes for misleading information....... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ive seen so many threads about this maybe you should try the search function?, from memory its something to do with the google bots or something?

anyway does it really matter? :rolleyes:

We could be that popular... you never know ;)

But in all seriousness, the googlebots and other search engines are the cause. I'm sure if this is wrong, Graham will correct me.

androooo said:
But in all seriousness, the googlebots and other search engines are the cause. I'm sure if this is wrong, Graham will correct me.

DING DING DING

That's right, unfortunately they are included in the stats and if Googlebot sends their spider our way the stats go up like that. I would prefer if they werent included also, but unfortunately they are. Maybe there is a fix out there - I will go and have a look.

Wouldnt want to "mislead" anyone :)

There is some meta tags you can put into html code to stop or alter the way search engine spiders scan your pages. Im studying this stuff at TAFE. A quick net search and should find some examples of code somewhere.

Jay_212 said:
There is some meta tags you can put into html code to stop or alter the way search engine spiders scan your pages. Im studying this stuff at TAFE. A quick net search and should find some examples of code somewhere.

I dont want to alter the way they crawl the pages, just stop them showing up in the forum stats. There is probably something out there, but its not too high on the priority list at this stage.

Back
Top Bottom