Aussie Poker Players at WSOP.

bfcc

Just thought i would let you know that this years WORLD SERIES OF POKER (wsop) is underway in Las Vegas and the aussies are off to a great start!!!!

Last years world champion Joe Hachem got of to a great start in event number 3 a $1500 buyin 6 handed tourny , joe finished 2nd and picked up $250000 us .

Then yesterday a brissy player Mark Vos won the $2000 buyin event and won $800000.

The wsop is over 6 weeks and have about 50 different tournys with the main event being a $10000 buyin , last year they got 6500 players this year they are expecting 8000 and a 1st place of $10 million us dollars!!!!!!!!

I have been waiting to read about a player from Redcliffe Mr Jeff Briggs to see if he is winning big ;)

hmmm ... lol sorry jase i have to wait another 12 months b4 the wsop but will be in melbourne for vic champs in august.

still waiting to see a MR JASON PEARSON at our friday night game at caboolture bowl!!!!!

everyone is welcome 2 tournys ($30 buyin and a $70 buyin) great night of cards and a chance to catch up witrh everyone.

give me a call to book a spot 0418746824.

hmmmm.........
playing poker against the card sharks at caboolture or playing Carl for $100.00 per game at....(anywhere)......I'll take my chances agains Carl thanks.......

:)

card sharks?????? lol come on dale all u have to do is look at the players to know there aren't any cardsharks!!!!!! i mean look at the list of regular players - dwambo, magoo, niel , batesy... me !!! even hippy plays now and then!!!!!

as for playing carl for $100 a game that is a big -ev !!!!!!!! on any condition!!!!

maybe i should setup a table on the weekend and you can play with your winnings!!!!!! i am sure carl would be keen...;) ;)

My winnings..this weekend ???...are you telling me something jeff................If you're setting up a table....that means cards......

ok so bowling doesn't get in the media much , be glad here is the 1st newspaper report on the wsop -

Poker rivals spitting chips
Nick Papps
07jul06

A POKER war has erupted between Melbourne poker king Joe Hachem and our latest champ, Mark Vos.

The fiery Queenslander surprised the gaming world this week, winning $1.08 million in a poker tournament in Las Vegas. He has now revealed he and Hachem are arch enemies and don't talk.
"We don't really get along," Vos told the Herald Sun yesterday.

"It's complicated."

Vos this week became an instant millionaire after beating the world's best at a World Series of Poker tournament.

Just a day earlier, Joe Hachem finished second in another Las Vegas World Series of Poker tournament and collected $345,000.

Vos's and Hachem's successes just 24 hours apart have intensified a long rivalry between Australia's top two players.

The dispute is believed to have started over a message sent on an internet poker site, which escalated to heated comments between the pair over the past few months.

Poker sources say the two high-rollers cannot stand each other.

Hachem is said to believe he has not been given any respect by Vos, despite being the reigning world champion after winning more than $10 million at the World Series of Poker main event last year.

"Vos has got a big mouth," one source said. "Joe can't stand him."

Yesterday Hachem would not comment.

Vos and Hachem are to compete against each other several times in the next few weeks in a series of poker tournaments in Las Vegas.

Vos, a 20-year-old Brisbane university dropout, said he was thrilled with his first major win.

"It feels really good to have that win when you're so young and can use the money to do things for the rest of my life.

And Hachem's younger brother will follow him to the United States in search of poker glory.

Tony Hachem, 35, will fly to the US on Friday after securing a lucrative deal with a poker internet site.

"I can't wait to get over there, to see Joe and compete," Tony said.

source 'Herald Sun' newspaper

having played with both players it will be great tv if these two end up on a final table together!!!!!!!;) ;)

Back
Top Bottom