Association Challenge RESULTS!!

KriDdLe

first id like to say thank you for my team on having an awesome weekend in the bowl and out of the bowl!!!

STANDINGS:

GOLD COAST
CABOOLTURE
SUNSHINE COAST

MENS:

SUNSHINE COAST
GOLD COAST
CABOOLTURE

WOMENS:

GOLD COAST
CABOOLTURE
IPSWICH

ALLSTARS:

MEN:

ANDREW DREW
CHRIS QUAIL
WARREN SUTHERLAND
JEFF BOURKE
NATHAN STEIN

WOMEN:

LINDA GREEN
TANYA STEVENSON
KELLIE HART
JOSIE SOMMERS
FIONA PILGRIM

congrats to everyone it was a good weekend, looking forward to doing it again in the future!

Well what an awesome Assoc Win from the Gold Coast Team!!!! I huge congratulations to them all. A win to the ladies team and 2nd to the men's, I am sure they couldn't have asked for anymore of themselves.

Also a funtastic win in the men's by the home team, the Sunshine Coast. Well done!!!

All I can say is Ninja I hope your not a betting man and Hammer remind me never to ask for any Melb Cup tips from you!!!:p

Looks like last years results were definately a case of those "Horses for Courses" you were talking about Hamo. :D :D :D

Sean M said:
Well what an awesome Assoc Win from the Gold Coast Team!!!! I huge congratulations to them all. A win to the ladies team and 2nd to the men's, I am sure they couldn't have asked for anymore of themselves.
Also a funtastic win in the men's by the home team, the Sunshine Coast. Well done!!!
All I can say is Ninja I hope your not a betting man and Hammer remind me never to ask for any Melb Cup tips from you!!!:p
Looks like last years results were definately a case of those "Horses for Courses" you were talking about Hamo. :D :D :D
I'm on fire firstly i said back your house on QLD in Origin 1 then my gem about this, let me put it on record now the Manly Seaeagles cant win the NRL this year :p (now i hope i can be wrong about that one :p )

Well done to the gold coast team great effort guys

I'd just like to say whay another fantastic weekend of bowling for the love of BOWLING & TEAM SPIRIT.

A huge congrats to the Gold Coast Girls, they carried us guys VERY well(and they did it with just six bowlers). We(the mens team) are all hoping to be avaliable to carry your bags next year in Bundy.:D

139 bowlers,up to 50 support staff( managers & coaches etc), travelling up to 500kms to bowl for the love of the game and competition, over 3 days. PRICELESS! :p

I'm hooked, if I don't make the team next year, I will be manager , coach , whatever it takes to be apart of this tournament.

Thanks to all for a great weekend(especially my team), Sunshine Coast for an extremely well run tournament, and to my team mates for a fantastic weekend of freinds, bowling , competition & fun.

Craig Ash

PS (whish i had a few bucks on us at those odds given out:rolleyes: )

I totally agree with Ash - absolutely the best weekend in Oz for TEAM BOWLING !!!! Great to catch up with old friends, have a few reddies at the dinner - watch the ups and downs of each match and just absorb the TEAM SPIRIT of those involved and in particular of those so-called 'lesser' teams - their cheering was no less and at times bigger than the support of the top teams !!

Congrats. to all involved and I, too will be there in Bundy for whatever roll is needed.......will the Bundy Bear be wearing pink next year ????

Flower

I can't agree more with the comments of my fellow team mates. What a fantastic weekend.

A special thanks to our Captains - Kellie Hart & Jason Pearson. You guys work so hard in organising our shirts and supplies to keep us going over the weekend. Thank you.

And another big Thanks to our Sponsors:

Pearson Automotive & Bowling Balls Australia

Can't wait for next year.

Tanya

WOW what can I say a Great weekend had by all weather you were in the teams or there as team supporters, everyone had a fabulous time.

Firstly I would like to thank John Griffin and all his staff from Sun City Bowl for a very smoothly run bowling centre.
I would also like to thank Narelle Qualishefski, Chris Quail, Peter Brown and there support crew for a very successfully run Association Challenge for 2006. From opening ceremonies to trophy presentation the whole event was very professionally run.

Congratulations to Sunshine Coast Men’s team, an awesome display of bowling from this great team led by Captain Chris Quail, first spot was never in any danger to this side. Well done to you guys.

To my Men’s team what can I say, we were never given a chance from the time we qualified, and to finish second behind Sunshine Coast to me was more than any of us could have dreamed of. We set our goals at the start of the weekend and from there on in never let ourselves down. To be one of the so called lesser Teams, it goes to show if the Team can gel and HAVE A LOT OF FUN and not take things to seriously, than success is just around the corner. :cool: The team was led by our great manager Anthony Main and I know the guys appreciated everything you did all weekend mate, great work. To David, Jesse, Bob, Craig, Matt and Ben well done Guys and hope were are all there again next year for just as much fun.

To our Ladies side well what can we say, yes you may have sore shoulders, but our backs are sore from carrying your balls around all weekend. No seriously though you guys bowled just outstanding. You blew the opposition off the paddock, out of 18 Games 6 times you never lost a point and only lost 1 point in 4 of the others what can we say. Kellie you led that team yet again from the front, and congratulations on both yourself and Tanya making all stars, that is just outstanding.

Once again I would like to personally thank all 15 players and staff on this Gold Coast Team on a very enjoyable and successfull weekend, and thanks to one of our sponsors Max Bastian from Bowling Balls Australia and of the 13 players in this team, three are Youth players just shows us the future of the Gold Coast Team is in good hands.

Congratulations to all players who made all star teams both men and woman, Andrew Christopher for the updated scores and to Errol Piper for once again allowing us to compete in one of the Greatest Teams event in the history of Ten Pin Bowling.

See you all next year.

Well done to all the bowlers who participated on the weekend, and a big congratulations to the Gold Coast Teams for their outstanding result.
Being in the centre purely as a spectator, it was great to see so many bowlers at this event showing so much enthusiam and spirit. The noise and the atmosphere was fantastic, everyone on the lanes and off were cheering and supporting their respective teams, it was really wonderful to see.
Also congratulations to Kellie for making the Allstar Ladies Team, you go girl, pretty good going for someone who is almost retired. :p

CONGRATULATIONS GOLD COAST.

But I have to say WELL DONE CABOOLTURE

Also Congrats to KELLIE HART and LINDA GREEN for making ALL STARS.:)

Love KIM SPICER-SUNA

A huge congrats to Kellie on making all stars! well done girl so proud of you!

I'd just like to say how awesome this weekend was. I went up there expecting to feel secluded as i was the youngest bowler on the team, but it was anything but! All the girls made me feel part of the team and i thank them for letting me participate in this great adults event. We knew we could do it, GO GOLD COAST!, A few special thanks go to Kellie and Jason for being such great captains and for supporting the team all the way, Danny and Anthony for managing the teams, and all the team mates! I made alot of friends up there and i hope to be there next year!

Once again GO GOLD COAST

Michelle

On behalf of the Gold Coast Regional Committee from Tweed Ashmore and Mt Warren, congratulations to the Gold Coast Squad on the win, and congratulations to the Sunshine Coast Association and the Centre for a very professionally organised event.:)

I would like to congratulate all of the teams that bowled at the Association Challenge on the weekend, it was a fantastic time for all involved. Many thanks to John, Narelle and all of the others behind the scenes that made this event so good.

To the Gold Coast Womens team, it was just an awesome time to be involved with such a great team, we were written off by the so-called experts but we had one thing in our favor, that being "self belief". Thanks for being so wonderful to Manage, I'll put my hand up NOW to hopefully be the Womens Manager for next years event at Bundy.

Kellie, Tanya, Sharon, Krystal, Michelle and Lisa, many thanks to each and everyone of you as it was so great to be there with you each and every step of the way, I couldn't of asked for a better team performance than the one we had. Congratulations to Tanya and Kellie on making the All Stars team.

To the Gold Coast Mens team, a huge Congrats on coming 2nd after being written off - bigtime - by the "know it all's".

Jason, David, Bob, Ben, Craig, Matt and Jesse, you all did great on the lanes - well done, you were up there all weekend. Anthony, you did a great job being this years Mens Manager, I know you would've rather been bowling.

Many, many thanks go to the entire Gold Coast team for such a wonderful weekend at the Sunshine Coast - on and off the lanes - it was a blast for myself and all of the others in the team as well.

All the best,
Danny Simpson
'06 Gold Coast Womens Manager.

Well first of all thank you to all involved at the Sunshine Coast to make the event run as well and as smooth as it did. Narelle and John you both need to give yourselves and your helpers a big pat on the back, you went to so much trouble to make sure everything was perfect and you achieved that no worries. And of behalf of the Gold Coast bowlers we thank you and your team for such a great tournament, and for all your hard work.

Like Narelle said in her speech if you think the event will all come together over a few months think again, the work that these people went too to make it a great weekend was outstanding. Even the table centre pieces they were great something people can take home and put on display.

Well now onto the bowling side of it, what can I say about my team mates, only that you all rock, we as a team bonded so well, had so many laughs, but most of all we did what we said we were going too and that was enjoy the weekend on and off the lanes. And for that I thank you all. Krystal and Michelle for first time bowlers in this tournament you both did so well, you both made me laugh all weekend and the both of you have such big futures in this sport. Sharon well you really busted your butt, and you did so well, you are the turkey of the team, Lisa you were great too you bowled well and your encouragement to all of us while you were not bowling was great as well, and Tanya well what can I say each year you always perform to the highest level, I could not ask for a better Vice Captain to help me get through the weekend, and to think we are both approaching 10 years in this tournament, and I am sure there are many more years left in us both yet, well done also on making all stars. I have to say a big thanks to Danny our manager we had you running back and fourth for us all weekend and even helping making the sandwiches and you never complained you just gave us a laugh and good advice to help get us over the line in first place.

The men’s team well done on your efforts all weekend, you all bowled well, Ben one day you will speak more than two words to your Captain, Matt wow you are an energizer bunny aren’t you ha ha you bowled well and you enjoyed the moment, Bob you bowled like a champ and you should be happy with your performance, we all know your still waiting for the maiden but there is always next year. Noddy, you as usual held the team together and bowled well, Jesse well once you were online you were on fire, maybe next year I might get that drink, Craig well what can I say, you must be very proud with yourself, and you can walk away knowing that you had the best year, you bowled like a champion, and to the Captain, you bowled well till you injured yourself, you lead the boys well and even when injured you gave the team everything you had to make sure the guys held onto second place well done, like we said we would never talk our teams up and that we didn’t, we all knew we had a great team, and we showed them just how good the Coast is.

As the women’s team has said over and over, we will not carry you guys next year, and if we have to, yes you will all be carrying our bags, and opening all the doors for us ladies.

Congrats to the Sunshine coast men, you all bowled well and deserved the win, well done to everyone that made all stars, even the little 14 year old boy; how they let you bowl I don’t know as you didn’t even reach the height meter to enter the bowl every day, you know we all love you Drewy. ;) ;)

In closing the weekend was a great one yet again, each year this event just gets better and better, it isn’t about playing for sheep stations, it is about enjoying the moment, having fun and making life long friends.

I would like to thank our sponsors Bowling Balls Australia, and also to Pearson Automotive.

To all involved and to Pete for helping me out at the last minute with my wrist guard, thank you and to all those people that have posted, thank you for your kind words.

Would like to congratulate the ispwich ladies on coming third it just goes to show if u bond as a team what u can achieve, also to dino and alice for looking after our needs on the weekend and to our managers for there support all weekend. It was a well run tornament and the team spirit showed BY all teams was something to be seen its something that everyone looks forward to every year, and hope to see everyone next year in bundy:D

Jase said:
WOW what can I say a Great weekend had by all weather you were in the teams or there as team supporters, everyone had a fabulous time.
Firstly I would like to thank John Griffin and all his staff from Sun City Bowl for a very smoothly run bowling centre.
I would also like to thank Narelle Qualishefski, Chris Quail, Peter Brown and there support crew for a very successfully run Association Challenge for 2006. From opening ceremonies to trophy presentation the whole event was very professionally run.

Well said Jase,

A great weekend was had by all, we had a blast....Especially playing playstation with Hamo on Friday night. You are good value buddy

Congrats to all the teams who placed and looking forward to Bundy

Well done Gold Coast. i know its a bit late but just worked out how to use this thing

Back
Top Bottom