Aspley Cup

Hi Rhyss,

When you were speaking with Mum about the Tournament, you said you would let her know if you were able to make it.

It's a shame you can't make it. Thank-you for your well wishes.

Taya

?? I haven't spoken to Gloria since she said she would send out the flyer (about a month or two ago) ?? I did receive the flyer.

All's good, I'll look at next year though. ;)

P.S. If I didn't have this family do, I would be putting my name down! I started bowling at Aspley, so am happy to support the centre (where possible).

Though I'm an Ipswichian now, I'm still a Northsider at heart! ;)

Hi all,

I am very happy to announce that the field for the Aspley Cup is now FULL!

Thank-you to everyone for paying your deposits or paying in full to secure your spot in this event.

If anyone else is interested in bowling however, please leave your name with the staff at Aspley 10 Pin Bowl or via this thread and we will put you on the reserves list.

1. George Frilingos (Defending Champion)
2. Morty Douglass
3. David Greenup
4. Mel Acworth
5. Daniel Smith
6. Darrin Comrie
7. Greg Bochenek
8. Aden Roffey
9. Brad Reggars
10. Rikki Reid
11. Taya Reggars
12. Jon King
13. Jason Clark
14. Adam Grandison
15. Jason Scott
16. Darcy Fox
17. Shane Hurst
18. Vic Wilkins
19. Brian Robinson
20. Rhian Patching
21. Tyrone Watson
22. Tony Wrzosek
23. Patrick Rahilly
24. Albert Mazzoni
25. Mitchell Comfort
26. Mark Robertson
27. Tony Hamilton
28. David Acworth
29. Suzanne Peacock
30. Joe Gatt
31. Maurice Fadl
32. Dylan Lucas
33. Gary Negus
34. Sam Crane
35. Wade Naylor
36. Badar Al-Sheikh

We look forward to seeing you all on Sunday morning at 9:00am.

Taya

good to see that with the field for this weekend that george will add a nother aspley cup to his list of wins this yr. storm will be proud GOOD LUCK my mate George.

You should just award George the victory right now, and save on his lineage...is the Aspley Cup anything more than a house tournament or am I missing something in reading the list of entrants?

Good luck to the other 35 bowlers..I'm sure you'll be happy with second place.

You guys are harsh, there is no such thing as a walk up victory. The locals as Aspley know how to strike A LOT! The field also contains one of the best bowlers to ever come out of Saudi Arabia. I'm looking forward to the event, should be a good loosener for the AMF Cup in Canberra (along with my 30 games practise prior to next weekend). Let's hope its another win for Storm :)

GHORSE? Seriously Brendon you couldn't come up with something else? lol your killing me :D

George may be a lefty, but if I were to put my money on anyone..I'd have to put a three way bet on Brad Reggars, Tony Hamilton and Darrin Comrie. These three men know Aspley's lanes and conditions better than anyone. Not mention they all hold 220+ averages there.

George will definately be a threat to these blokes, but I wouldn't write them off just yet. Just because they aren't known around the world, doesn't mean they aren't good bowlers like George himself!

I say..BRING ON SUNDAY!!! :)

Yes well said Taya it will be a very close tornament considering the great bowlers in it see you all there on sunday

Hi All,

Congratulations to Brian “Robbo” Robinson on his solid win at the Aspley Cup today. Brian bowled consistently all day and finished off with a very nice 227 average.

Second place went to George Frilingos with a 219 average, followed by Badar Al-Sheikh in third place with a 217 average.

Thank you to all the bowlers and spectators for your support.

A big thank you to Clever Coupons for their sponsorship allowing lucky cash draws throughout the day and awarding payouts to those who didn’t cash as follows:

HIGH MALE AND FEMALE GAMES
Dylan Lucas 278
Taya Reggars 244

HIGH MALE AND FEMALE PINFALL
Jason Scott 1972
Mel Acworth 2006

HIGH MALE AND FEMALE 2 GAME BLOCK
Daniel Smith 494
Mel Acworth 438

Attached is the final standing sheet.

We look forward to seeing Brian in 2010 as defending champion and hope to have the continued support of the bowlers, so that we can make 2010 as successful as 2009.

Gloria

Attachments

• Aspley Cup Scores 2009 (1).pdf
    24.5 KB · Views: 104
Congratulations Brian!

I am sure you surprised a few people with your victory.

I have heard the World Class worked a treat for you all day.

Dino

Congratulations to Brian “Robbo” Robinson on his solid win at the Aspley Cup today. Brian bowled consistently all day and finished off with a very nice 227 average.

Second place went to George Frilingos with a 219 average

You should just award George the victory right now, and save on his lineage...is the Aspley Cup anything more than a house tournament or am I missing something in reading the list of entrants?

Good luck to the other 35 bowlers..I'm sure you'll be happy with second place.

Remind me not to get my lotto numbers off you Wayne! I think you need a new crystal ball! All in fun..

Well done Robbo on the win, congrats G on 2nd.

Congratulations Robbo on your great win - well bowled. Must be all that practice at Redcliffe on a Tuesday night while bowling for Alan! - just joking...........

Cheers
Annie

Back
Top Bottom