Asian Schools Roll Off

Bee...!

Living the dream!!!
Hello Everyone,

I know that it isnt exactly close but as the forms and everything are out and no one else had made a topic, I thought I would.

So who is going to the Asian School's Roll Off???
I know I am and jayde gets automatic entry so she is in the team.

Well just wondering,

Bye Bianca

havent even seen an entry form yet.. so i spose im not.
nice to see forms get sent to all sanctioned centres that are part of this amazing association :roll:

Patrick,

Nomination forms were sent to every centre/association the first week of December 2003. You should check with your centre management as to it's location.

Electronic version of this nomination form was posted on this forum on the 9th Dec 2003.

In case you missed it . . .

Nomination forms for the roll-off for the 2003 Australian team were sent from the TBA office last week.

Just in case one of these didn't reach you, then this form can be downloaded from the following link : http://www.tenpin.org.au/forms1/2003 Asian Schools Nomination Form.doc

I COULD BE WRONG but can anybody confirm automatic entries into Asian Schools because from what i've heard only one team of boys and one team of girls are going so therefore there wasn't any.

Hey Slats,

All you questions are answered on page 2 of the nomination form as noted above and repeated here:

At the completion of the 24 games, the top 3 point scorers in boys and girls division will join the top Junior All Star players from 2002 President Shield competition to form the 2003 Australian Team. (All Star bowler must meet all other criteria). Squads will be determined after the closing date for nominations.

So Jayde Flanagan and Nathan Young are automatic selections providing they meet the criteria.

Does this mean i have to roll off still?? and send in an entry form for it??

As far as I understand as long as you meet the following criteria then you are an automatic selection for this team:

1. You must be a full-time student at Secondary School, TAFE or University in 2003. You will be required to show proof of this.

2. You must also be under 19 years of age on 1st January, 2003.

3. Must be a financial member of a TBA Licensed Association or Registered Bowling Centre - in good standing.

Hey all, Nathan, according to what I know, you are in the team because you were first in the all-stars, same as Jayde. Also what I want to know is what does it mean by a financial member of a TBA Association? I dont quite understand.

Thanx

systematic

This is another way of saying that you must be a TBA Registered Player.

You would be ineligible if you only bowled in a non-registered centre and therefore did no hold a TBA Registered Player card.

Hey, thanx alot man, maybe I'll try out for 2004, dont have money for next year, besides I could always just finish 1st in averages at Shield... :wink: :lol:
Hahaha anyway thanx again

Later

ACCOMODATION

For those of you planning to roll off and havent yet organised accomodation, the local establishment being COUNTRY COMFORT will be offering a reasonable rate.

There has been a recent change in ownership and I will be sitting down with the new owners in the first week or two of the New Year.

Please call 02 6293 3666 for all enquiries however once i have made contact I will publish their rates on here for you all.

It would be a good idea to make a tentative booking now as to avoid disappointment.

Looking forward to having you all down in February.

I trust everyone had a good Christmas and wish you all every success in the New Year ahead

Alan

Hey all,
As there is only about 3 weeks till the roll offs, I am just wondering who is going??? I know that I will be there and I cant wait.
Hope too see some familiar faces and some new ones too.

Stay Smiling Bee

im about 70% chance.... maybe... if they accept a late entry.. gotta wait and see how much money i earnt this week :)

Just a question. With the fires in canberra has any of the accommidation been taken over for emegency housing. There are over 1000 people with nowhere to live. Would be better to no now than later if this is the case

ACCOMODATION

I have just got off the phone with the Country Comfort Inn, which is located approx 5minute walk from the bowl

They still have some standard room available for the 7th, 8th & 9th

Please call them ASAP for any bookings on 02 6293 3666

Mention that you are with a Tenpin Bowling Party and you will receive a SPECIAL RATE OF $99/NIGHT MIN. 2 NIGHTS STAY

I believe at thisstage somewhere in the vicinity of 36 bowlers registered down on last year but still really looking forward to having you all in Sunny Canberra

Back
Top Bottom