Asian School Nominees

lgt

Please find attached requirements for nominees re asian schools:

'TBA is in the final stages of drawing up the athlete agreement for the Asian Schools Championships where the roll-off to select part of the team will be held at the National Youth Cup in January.

As you are no doubt aware TBA has successfully negotiated a sponsorship deal with Brunswick whereby each bowler who makes the team will be provided with 4 free bowling balls and bags. Part of the sponsorship arrangement requires the bowlers to use Brunswick equipment exclusively until 31st January 2012. This has been made clear in the selection criteria and nomination form.

I am writing to inform you that TBA intends to take a very harsh stance with any bowler who makes the team and then does not fulfil the obligations of the agreement. The penalty is as follows:

• the bowler will be ineligible to nominate, roll-off or be selected in any Australian National team in 2011 and 2012 and;
• the bowler will be ineligible to nominate, roll-off or be selected in any State team to compete in TBA National Championships including President’s Shield, Youth Challenge or Rachuig in 2011 or 2012

Since there is a potential impact on your State as a result of this policy, I thought it only fair and reasonable that you be kept informed of this. As soon as the announcement of the sponsorship deal was made people immediately asked the question as to how we would enforce this and what would be the consequences of non-compliance.

TBA gave a great deal of consideration to this sponsorship arrangement. The Asian Schools is really the only National team that this type of arrangement is suitable for as many bowlers in the youth and open teams already have ball sponsorships and this would therefore not be feasible. TBA saw this as a great opportunity to assist our young bowlers and importantly their parents with the significant cost associated in supporting their children to achieve their sporting ambitions - particularly in light of the fact that the teams are self funded. Therefore we value this relationship with Brunswick and do not want to jeopardise the long term relationship we hope to secure with them for many bowlers in the future.

With this in mind, we are serious in handing out a severe penalty to anyone who does not follow the terms of the agreement. Please pass this onto the members of your board and importantly if you are aware of bowlers in your State that intend to nominate for the team that you impress the importance to them of doing the right thing. TBA has provided plenty of warning to bowlers in relation to this issue. If they are not prepared to use Brunswick equipment exclusively for 12 months then they should not nominate for the team.

As always please feel free to contact me should you have any questions or concerns with this.
Regards
Cara Honeychurch'

Personally, I have problems with directives where commercial enterprise rules over the selection of our best bowlers.

'Penalties' for not adhering to exclusive use of equipment - and furture purchases over the twelve months -promoting a fear of reprimand.

But this is the direction from the TBA and all bowlers need to be aware of the penalties - not able to nominate for national OR state teams. Be very careful you understand this criteria.

Best of luck at the National Youth Cup selection.

Leanne Triulcio

Personally i think the sponsorship arraignment is fine other than having to purchase your own 'Brunswick' equipment for the following twelve months, if this stipulation is to stand i think Brunswick should offer a further two free balls say 6 - 8 months into the twelve month period.

Just my thoughts.

John

The American pros, Malaysian bowlers, Korean Bowlers and Singapore bowlers sign with Ball companies. Some of our Australian Adults sign with various companies as well.

It really is not that big of a deal to use one companies gear for 12 months

The cost savings for the parents in this deal is quite significant, about $1600.00

This is quite a good offer. Consider that this has never been done in Australia
before and with any luck it might inspire some other Ball companies to
make similar deals to get their product out there.

I think It is a great thing, well done I say !!

You are correct in your comments Geoff - but for the nominees for Asian Schools the commercial enterprise is setting the criteria for the bowlers.

How about
'Brunswick are proud to announce the support of junior bowling in Australia and will offer one year sponsorship deals to all successful nominees for the asian schools team'

Any bowler who already has deals and ongoing support from other compamies / coaches / proshops etc will not be disadvantaged - and the selection process will remain fair and equitable for all.

And then TBA can put away the big stick and not have such threatening penalties for our juniors and parents.

Leanne

You are correct in your comments Geoff - but for the nominees for Asian Schools the commercial enterprise is setting the criteria for the bowlers.

How about
'Brunswick are proud to announce the support of junior bowling in Australia and will offer one year sponsorship deals to all successful nominees for the asian schools team'

Any bowler who already has deals and ongoing support from other compamies / coaches / proshops etc will not be disadvantaged - and the selection process will remain fair and equitable for all.

And then TBA can put away the big stick and not have such threatening penalties for our juniors and parents.

Leanne

Leanne

That all Sounds reasonable in theory but when a Company is prepared to sponsor something they do want some level of loyalty in return and
to be honest 12 months is not much to ask

I cant really think of anyone who is a junior that has
a ball sponsorship so surely that would not cause an issue
If there are any it would be very minimal

I dont really think the TBA have the big stick out, It maybe
how some people want to view it.
In order to sign a deal with a sponsor some things need to
be in place, I guess this commintment would be one of them

Cheers
Geoff

I have been solely focused on the junior and youth arena for the last 12 years and do know several who will be disadvantaged.

But, whether 1 or 2 or 10 bowlers are disadvantaged is irrelevant, the criteria has been set and a requirement to nominate is based on a commercial enterprise.

The TBA has set this course and I wish all the nominess the best of luck for the National Youth Cup.

Leanne

Pathetic !!!!! Penalties !!!!! I am sorry but you wonder why your entries are so low !!!
12 months of bowling with eqipment that you hate must be looking forward to that !!!!

It may suit some & one may need to re drill the same 4 bowling balls as there would be no way as a parent purchase new ones.......

Back
Top Bottom