Are bowlers paid enough?

C

Craiggles

Do you guys think that us bowlers are paid enough for tournaments? Although the sport is still struggling to be recognised professionally, I believe that we deserve a whole lot more than what we're getting. I mean, sports like golf take on enormous money prizes, even for small tournaments. What do you guys think of the situation? If you think we deserve more money, any ideas on how we could change this?

i agree with you there. The prize money on offer to bowlers isnt that great....but there isnt a whole lot that can be done about it. It costs alot of money to run and maintain competition bowling, im just glad that there are enough volenteers to make tournaments possible.

I beleive the more money u pay ppl the more the game becomes less enjoyable. look at football players....

The only to increase prize funds is to find some REALLY BIG sponsors.Like tennis,golf and most other popular sports that pay big money they have huge sponsors behind them. Even if you increase entry fees that would not make enough to pay the kinds of prizes that you are talking about.
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif

Hey its jas_t
Untill bowling becomes more reconised around this country the prize money will never be up to a standard that all of us will think that is good enough.Money is not everything that is invovled in bowling but it sure does help u to get in front in life.
If more sponporship is pumped into the sport the money will not be satafactory but we will see in years to come.
Money is one thing but for some people winning a tournment could make there small bowling carrer into a big bowlin carrer. Thats wat i recon

If your looking to make a living out of this sport, your in the wrong country. Once our sport gets on TV over here (lets hope it does), I think sponsors will be far easier to attract.

George

I just read the replies over the last few days. In essence ten pin bowling is a game...money is merely a side effect. Money should never be a persons orientation for playing....

It was an interesting question to ask, and my personal opinion is while there is room for improvement for cash prizes, money isn't something I think about when I bowl. I'm sure its the same for all of you here.

hey guys, some food for thought:
when i was in juniors in the 80's no junior was able to win money. we used to win vouchers, tv's, radios, etc. it never used to worry us. the only problem was if you went interstate, and the prize wasn't a voucher, just how you were going to get that damn tv home?!
icon_biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom