Any Idea's anyone

T

The1bigun4eva

I've been bowling for just over 13 months now and have worked my way up to a 170 - 180 average. I decided to go see a very good coach and he wants to change quite a bit of my bowling style. I know this will lead to being better and more consistant eventually but in the mean time Im getting beat easily by crap house bowlers. And I want to bowl De Veer trials so Im sure that my scores will suffer while Im relearning to bowl.
Any Ideas anyone? Should I keep bowling the way I have til after trials or stick it out and learn the better more long term aproach right away.
Any body got any advice?

its would probably be better to start coaching with your new coach and develop your game...it will pay of MAJORLY in the long run...rather than put it off for one tournament..there are many more to come in the future..and from personal experience...practice will pay off big time.. :D

Um I half agree and half disagree, I half made my style natural, however many coaches dont like it, so ive found coaches that do,

So if you set your head with the way you want to bowl, then stick to it

I personally wouldn't change before an important event.

You say in your post that you have got a good coach well I would of thought that if common sense prevailed he wouldn't change your style unless he thinks that you won't have any trouble with the change.

Why don't you talk to him and voice your concerns, communication and trust is of the upmost importance if you are going to have this guy coach you.

Cheers Kerri :D

Im with Kerri on this.
You should not make any drastic changes before a major event, wait until after the event to do anything.
Make the team, then your changes

The1bigun4eva said:
I've been bowling for just over 13 months now and have worked my way up to a 170 - 180 average. I decided to go see a very good coach and he wants to change quite a bit of my bowling style. I know this will lead to being better and more consistant eventually but in the mean time Im getting beat easily by crap house bowlers. And I want to bowl De Veer trials so Im sure that my scores will suffer while Im relearning to bowl.
Any Ideas anyone? Should I keep bowling the way I have til after trials or stick it out and learn the better more long term aproach right away.
Any body got any advice?

Scott , i think it is very unfair of you to say CRAP HOUSE BOWLERS , remember you were there once as i was. all the advice i can give you is to talk it through with your coach , tell him your concerns and take it from there . it won't happen over night but it will, took me years to get to where I am today , heaps of advice , coaching, ups and downs , disappointments , triumphs etc

Don't worry about it , just relax when you bowl and let it happen dont force it, :shock: :wink:

You don't really say much about where you are at, fingertip?, what type of ball you are using, whether you have knowlege of sparings systems etc? If you have made it to this average on you own after only 13 months, you are doing OK. I would not go changing anything much at all, unless you are bowling back up or using a conventionally drilled plastic ball, throwing straight at the pins etc. Best advice is to find a coach who is willing to listen to you, and is interested in changing only what is neccesary. You should not change the parts of your style that you are able to repeat consistently, you must keep these if at all possible because consistency is the key. There is also a lot of useful advice and information on improving your game, sparing and mental game techniques on the net, read and learn everything you can find and bowl in as many leagues and competitions as you can afford in terms of time and money, get as much experience as you can. You will learn something in every tournament you bowl in. I bowled my first year of Walter De Veer last year and besides from having the time of my life I learnt so much about myself and my game, the experience was priceless! Best advice ever given to me was to trust and believe in myself. Best of luck with it all, maybe see you in Sydney.... I hope to do Walter De Veer again this year, looking good after first roll-offs!

Back
Top Bottom