AMF or Brunswick Pins

Which are better quality ?

• AMF

Votes: 21 42.0%
  • Brunswick

Votes: 29 58.0%

• Total voters
AMF pins for me!!! I just seem to get better carry, better hit, and a more enthusiastic 'sound' out of them with pocket hits. Neither are worse quality, I just prefer bowling with AMF pins!!!

In my mind it doesn't matter. Aren't all pins built to an exacting standard?

For me i would have to say brunswickpins as they seem to carry more for my shot. Plus my home centre has those pins i think. But overall they are better and allow for better pin reaction when you hit them.

Thats just it though there not just pins. Different pins for different things, like for major PBA tours they use heavier brunswick pins which are about 1 pound heavier. Alot harder to hit strikes with thus why used in PBA. Honestly brunswicks are thee way to go, made with a bit more precision, more time spent making them and they die off as quickly.

lordsan said:
Thats just it though there not just pins. Different pins for different things, like for major PBA tours they use heavier brunswick pins which are about 1 pound heavier. Alot harder to hit strikes with thus why used in PBA. Honestly brunswicks are thee way to go, made with a bit more precision, more time spent making them and they die off as quickly.

But most of us aren't likely to compete on the PBA circuit. That makes it quite irrelevant.

The question is which brand do you prefer? Is there really any difference between the 2 standard name brands?

haha quite a humerous thread....as if you guys can tell the f%^king difference anyway.

if you go to a diff centre where they are using amf o rbrunsiwck there really should not be any difference, probably only in pro tournaments there would be a difference. i really doubt that they would vary much...just two different brand names...:rolleyes:

The things that affect carry the most are the kickbacks and flatgutters, and to a certain extent also the pindecks (cleanliness of).

The brand of pin has little to do with it, as stated by others already - they are made to certain specifications. I've worked with both AMF and Brunswick pins and I can tell you from hands-on experience there is no difference between them, the only possible difference is that one sometimes tends to wear a bit quicker than the other. This can cause differences in carry.. but it's unlikely you'll notice the difference.

Generally Brunswick pinsetters provide better carry than AMF machines due to the kickback and carpet structure, this may create the illusion that Brunswick pins are superior. They are not.

The 9-pin wonderboy said:
I've worked with both AMF and Brunswick pins and I can tell you from hands-on experience there is no difference between them, the only possible difference is that one sometimes tends to wear a bit quicker than the other. This can cause differences in carry.. but it's unlikely you'll notice the difference.

Dunno about that, I've worked in a bowl for 15 years, in that time we have had 3 sets of amflite II's and 2 sets of Vultex. Everytime, the bellies started to go in the amflites first, and the necks cracked in the vultex. Same humidification method, cleaning etc with both types of pin.

rychenroller said:
Dunno about that, I've worked in a bowl for 15 years, in that time we have had 3 sets of amflite II's and 2 sets of Vultex. Everytime, the bellies started to go in the amflites first, and the necks cracked in the vultex. Same humidification method, cleaning etc with both types of pin.

Yes.. In my experiences - the AMFLite II's got split bellies/cracked bases more often than Brunswick, and the Brunswick ones got cracked necks/cracked bases more often than AMF. So that doesn't really prove much. And I've seen more than 3 sets of each. Brunswick did not prove to be any better than AMF, each brand just got a more common type of problem than the other.

;) Personally to me it dosn't bother me which type of pins i prefer, cause pins are pins The only thing i hate is when a bowling centre mixes old and new pins together but you can't do much about that

Back
Top Bottom