AMF Kedron Roof Collapse

A

AMF

AMF Kedron suffered several roof collapses last night due to the enormous dumping of hail stones in Brisbane in last nights storm. As a result the centre has been closed until repair crews can inspect the damage and assess the rebuilding programme.

Customers and league bowlers will be notified of schedule changes.

Customers with Party and Function Bookings are asked to contact the Brisbane Administration Office on 07 3890 2481 for information about your bookings.

I heard about this last night and I heard it wasn't pretty. Good luck to Kedron on getting it back on track as soon as possible. The first Thursday night I'm not there and that happens! Almost stranger than fiction...

yeah i heard about it too and while i do have my issues with that centre, I am sorry to hear about last night's events. I have always called that centre home and hope that things are back up and running asap.

not too pleased about some comments from people at aspley bowl last night, especially coming from one centre manager. i am very disgusted to see 'rival' authority making fun about their "rival's" unfortunate events. after all, while i don't wish anything bad on anyone, next time your centre might not be so lucky.

in all reality, centres should not be rivals - they should be working together for the sport.

An update on Kedron. Certainly its one of the worst affected buildings in the area. The water damage is significant but mainly to ceiling tiles and carpet. A couple of approaches will be out of action for a couple of days. On the bright side we have builders and staff working out there currently with a view to having business back to normal by lunchtime tomorrow 21/5. I will update when the situation is a little clearer.

Tony Goodwin
Regional Manager
Brisbane

Hmm first night tim's not there, and the place collapses....hmmm coincidence?????

Meditate On This I Will

Perhaps I was the only thing holding the place up? :eek: :D

I don't remember standing on the roof blocking the drainage and lifting up sheets of corrigated iron to let the water in, but you never know what you do in your sleep I suppose :)

I hear they are mostly operational again. It didn't look pretty when I went in to have a look-see the day after. Good luck to Kedron in the rest of the cleanup/etc.

bowled there tonight... only 12 lanes in operation at this stage, the others could be weeks away yet.

the place reeks from damp carpet, but that's to be expected and lots of water logged ceiling tiles and tiles missing around the place. have to say they have done an exceptional job getting it back the way it is now. could have been a lot worse.

congratulations once again to the amf crew for such a big effort over the weekend.

jason

Back
Top Bottom