Alf Ward

James Mc

Team Storm Australia
Hi all,

It is with great regret that I write this post to inform you of the passing of Alf Ward.

Alf commenced bowling in Sydney in the early sixties being a member of the first sanctioned league in Australia (so I have been told). He bowled with many of the games legends including Eric Jang and many others.

Alf worked at Fairfeild bowl as a mechanic in the seventies while his wife worked on control, untill a terrible acident resulted in her no longer working at the bowl.

Alf's love of the game was easily recongnised by his many visits to us here at Holiday Lanes, even when he wasn't playing himself he would just come in and watch and chat.

Up untill just last week he was still practising and asking for advise on how he could increase his average from 170 odd back to the scratch average he once held.

He will be missed by all who know him.

Regards
James

How sad, I knew Alf from the time I started work at Fairfield Bowl in 1969 and bowled League with him in the Thursday night Business league for years in the early 70's, The late Ron Gray also bowled in this League.

Frank Williams

Back
Top Bottom