ADMIN ONLY please explain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i can assure you its a giant conspiracy where they discuss their devious plans and talk about you behind your back.

of course, it could be the simple fact that it makes it easier to discuss forum issues (which range from running, maintenance, updates, possible rule changes, problem members, problem threads,etc) which really dont have anything to do with the general populous.

I prefer to go with the conspiracy theory myself :D

Ohh, jase, you can set the forum permissions within the usergroups to hide the admin forums if you want. Vbulletin does an easy job of it, that way, only the members assigned to the group you have given access to those forums will be able to see them listed in the forum index.

Hey David

I wasn't on last night and i guess some settings went haywire yesterday afternoon when the site was down for a short while. Bloody server again!

The admin section only is...

A section that makes it easier to discuss forum issues, which range from running and maintenance of the site, forum updates, and possible rule changes, problem members, problem threads, etc!

Your name has come up in there once or twice....:D :D :D

Only kidding but that’s all it is and makes it easier for the moderators to communicate regarding the running of the site.

i can assure you its a giant conspiracy where they discuss their devious plans and talk about you behind your back.
of course, it could be the simple fact that it makes it easier to discuss forum issues (which range from running, maintenance, updates, possible rule changes, problem members, problem threads,etc) which really dont have anything to do with the general populous.
I prefer to go with the conspiracy theory myself :D
Ohh, jase, you can set the forum permissions within the usergroups to hide the admin forums if you want. Vbulletin does an easy job of it, that way, only the members assigned to the group you have given access to those forums will be able to see them listed in the forum index.
oh my bad lol now i know why i cant see it...lol oops

oh my bad lol now i know why i cant see it...lol oops
and usually this admin/moderator only channels have the most un-biased threads :p

but seriously, 99% of forums have an admin forum, hidden or not (the other 1% just use PM between the 2 or 3 moderators)

Enf...

and usually this admin/moderator only channels have the most un-biased threads :p

but seriously, 99% of forums have an admin forum, hidden or not (the other 1% just use PM between the 2 or 3 moderators)

Enf...
yeah i reckon that they should just use pms because it will be the same because no-one will be able to see their pms :rolleyes:

yeah i reckon that they should just use pms because it will be the same because no-one will be able to see their pms :rolleyes:

Think of it this way though, insrtead of having to send PMs to every admin person, they can post there for group contact.

Anyhow, it really is none of our business. Dave Rosser asked out of curiosity, it has been asked and answered, now we should all just let them go about their business. They do an outstanding job which we all benefit by.

Jase, close the thread for God's sake.

Max

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom