ACT & Southern NSW Presidents Shield Roll Offs

Well after a high scoring day to say the least here are the first lot of scores from ACT/Southern NSW roll offs.

Thanks to Craigy's infamous scoring system.

Attachments

• Boys day 1.JPG
    Boys day 1.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 144
  • Girls day 1.JPG
    Girls day 1.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 122
Its good to see some new bowlers up in to the top 5 lets just hope they can keep up the good work tomorrow & the following w/e.

Kezza

Well done to Sam Cooley, Leigh Simpson and Jessica Jones all bowling well today showing us all what they can do out there. Leigh when bowling we me bowling a massive 521/2 with 13 in a row was really great to watch, Jess once again beating her older sister and Sam bowling a massive average of 225 and not going under 200. Good luck to everyone for tomorrow at Tuggeranong.

Craigy

It’s great to see new faces in the ACT & SNSW Presidents Shield side. Most of whom it is their first time and it certainly will not be their last. These juniors along with those that didn’t make the team show just what talent is available from this zone; the future looks bright for all.
This will be for the last time that this zone will exist as from 2007 ACT will stand alone and the juniors from the coast will be bowling in another zone. The competition (rivalry) has always been strong and I believe it will continue to be so.
I wish this team the best for 2006 as we want to go out on a high. The boy’s team under the leadership of Michael Craig is in hands of the top bowler from ACT. The girls team under the leadership of Lisa, very experienced and a very capable bowler.
Go ACT & Southern

They say ACT n Southern are splitting but by the time they do, the next millanium will be here.

dozer said:
When this happens the ACT will be looking for quality bowlers to draft in.

Yes ACT and Southern NSW will be splitting in 2007 into an ACT zone then 2 NSW zones (along with Central and NNSW from this year) although i dont know about drafting bowlers. In the girls we may need to but there are still some very promising up and coming juniors in canberra at the moment espically in the boys with a great turn out this year from canberra for the 06 team and the top 7 from canberra all averaging 183 or higher (of which i am the only one to age out) so i still think ACT will have a good team for their first year standing alone again as ACT since 1989.

And as for "QUALITY" bowlers ... you need look no further than out own state.

But for now we will just try to go out there and make our last year as ACT and Southern NSW a big one.

Michael Craig
2006 ACT and Southern NSW President Shield Boys Captain

Back
Top Bottom