ACT Junior State Champs

Not yet, but it shouldn't be far off now.

Someone will post one up on here when it's out for you guys

Hey - it is getting pretty close to ACT Champs & still no entry forms. Does anyone know what is happening??:confused:

Hi All,

ACT Junior Championships Entry form attached.

Cheers
Drew

Attachments

• JNR 07 State Championships .doc
    219.5 KB · Views: 53
Okay all, attached is a squad list, we have over 220 specific entries for the weekend (including AE, Singles, Dbls, Teams)

We do require 1 girl to bowl in a doubles on Saturday at 1pm. Any girls wanting a 'second shot' at masters possibly may be interested, it's the only way to get a spot in that squad if you're not already there.

Unfortunately not all entries were allocated the requested times, and I assure you they were done in the order received. Most squads are packed pretty tightly which is great.

We also need to place 1 girl into a team probably on Saturday morning if anyone's interested.

This is going to be the first tournament bowled on Scott's new fancy Kegel lanes, lets hope to see some scores :)

Attachments

• AllBowlers.xls
    63.5 KB · Views: 62
Drew or Jeff

Just inquiring about the junior open masters , It is stated that the number of qualifiers may be increased (from 8 ) depending on entries . What numbers are you looking at for it to be increased , and will it still be matchplay .

What numbers are you looking at for it to be increased...
Lots. To keep the format you need to have a suitable number of qualifiers. I'll talk to Tracey-Lee (who is actually TD) and Brad tomorrow and come up with a solid answer for you.

...will it still be matchplay...
Probably. Given that we don't know the exact circumstances we'll be faced with it's hard to be definitive, but changing the format is generally a last resort if we're short on numbers (obviously we wouldn't run double elimination with 3 qualifiers...). Again, we'll talk about it.

Generally speaking though we've been bitten extending the cut in the past and would need some very good grounds to make that decision again. Similarly those that have qualified are expecting format X, the fact that you get more competition can be irritating, but changing the game entirely is pretty nasty.

Hi Jeff

(Observation only)
Not to throw a damper on anything, but I think that the time frame would be against changing the format.

Example 2.5 hours for Masters it will take over 2hours to run the masters in the current format the extra time would be for oiling the lanes for Restricted. If the format was changed would that impinge on the starting time of Restricted Masters?

Okay, I have 'answers'

How many to extend? Really can't define a rule on this, Queanbeyan is only 12 lanes so we could extend to 12 qualifiers but that will increase the games by a good 40 minutes, we do have Restricted travellers to consider. And potentially lane faults (fingers crossed, but you never know)

If the field is going to be extended we will make an announcement at the commencement of 5pm Saturday. I say this in the most tentative sense I can.

And I don't really see it's likely to change from matchplay. Like I said our number of qualifiers is limited, any other format means most of the field would pay $80 for hardly any games.

So I guess we'll just have to see.

Okay, once more I need a girl for a doubles 8.30 Sunday - Any masters second shot girls interested?

Also, there's still space Friday evening for anyone wanting a squad BUT I will close entries to that Thursday 7pm. Please understand I have a day job, I will need to do the first two squads draws on Thursday night after this time.

hi,
is the doubles on saturday still available?? if so please put my name down for it. Lexi Nicoll
thnx

Sorry Lexi, that doubles was filled pretty quickly, you're the only one without a doubles at the moment :(

Okidoki, here's an update. I have one query waiting but otherwise I think I have 1 singles spot available 1pm Saturday. Just the one. First in best dressed, highly recommend you call me if you want it, 0414 864 467

Here's a fairly full squad list, if you've requested changes and they don't appear here call me so I can see what's doing, or I'll be expecting to see you at the attached time

Attachments

• AllBowlers3.xls
    64 KB · Views: 43
Due to some late changes I have a girl in need of a whole team on Sunday morning at 8.30 for anyone interested

Masters standings at close of play today. Later all

Attachments

• 2007 ACT State Jnr Masters Standings.xls
    19.5 KB · Views: 58
Hi All,

Attached is interim Carnival results, accurate as far as I know.

Here is also the Open Masters results for this afternoon, congratulations to Dean Judd on bringing it home in a battle and Jessica Jones who will be invited to represent the ACT at this years nationals.

Thanks to those who made the effort and trip.

I'll post the restricted results when I get them tomorrow night.

Attachments

• Results.xls
    34 KB · Views: 66
  • 2007 ACT State Jnr Masters Results.xls
    22 KB · Views: 72
Back
Top Bottom