A true friend we will miss

ug throw rock

Rock Chucker
It is with saddened heart that I received the news today that our mate
Dave "Swampy" Saunders from Innisfail past away last night .
The world is a more somber place without his impish grin and mischievious
smile.Mate you will be sadly missed as our friend and a great bowler....
Maverick and Samantha
Forever in our hearts.....

Today I awake and the world is a poorer place
Our mate Dave has passed to Valhalla
To the swampman who held our child on his knee
I say you to may the journey be swift and the rewards plenty.
When you told our baby "I'll be able to tell you all about your mum and your dad"
To here you tell we would have be glad.
When you said to me "I'll catch you after Xmas for a scotch" I should have said
How bout now I've nothing I'd rather do more.
We will miss you as our friend and our mate and to all who did not know him
HE Was Great.......
In our hearts forever

Dave "Swampy " Saunders...

Innisfail Sugarbowl and the FNQ bowling community will be forever poorer without the "Swampman", and we have all had our lives touched by him at some point. Dave was inspirational to most bowlers and his guidance and words of advice and friendly encouragement will be sorely missed, along with that great sense of humour and fun.

EJ Starkey & Mandy (new owners of Innisfail Sugarbowl Lanes) have appropriately decided to name our new coffee shop/bar area after Dave and plan to hold a "Swampy" memorial event/tournament/award annually from 2008 - details not finalised yet obviously.

Dave, may you bowl that perfect 300 game up there with St Peter......

Jason & Lorelei

It is truly amazing how one person captured the hearts of so many, the beautiful words that I have heard since his passing have been true testament to the great mans life.

We were forever changed for having known him, and will never be the same in his absence. I don't think Swampy really knew how much we all loved him.

It will be difficult to move forward in our lives knowing that he isn't here to enjoy it with us, although his memory in our hearts will make the journey so much more bearable.

All my love goes to the big man, Swampy, we miss you and we look forward to meeting you again in paradise.

E-J and Mandy

Yes, the new bar will be named "Swampy's Bar" and memorabilia from the great mans life will be on display. We will be holding a memorial tournament in a few months, of which we already have at least 40 entires. The entire proceeds will be donated by the bowl to the ITBA. Also, every year around the time of his passing we will be holding a special cosmic bowling fundraiser and a special award will be created to be presented on the night.

Sorry to hear of Daves passing - this is a terrible period of time with so many passing on.

To his friends - who are many - my sympathy at this difficult time. Dave attended his coaching course at Innisfail and this was when I met him.

Thank you to those who thought to inform us of the sad news.

Gail

Back
Top Bottom