700 series

Freddie

... I just can't seem to manage it. Shot 698 and 692 in the last month, 698 had no open frames but one low count shot (5!), 692 had an open and I couldn't double when I needed to. How do you keep yourself calm and focused when going for that sort of milestone? :eek:

Best advice I can give (and the thing you will hear most often) is don't think about it. Don't add up your scores, don't get ahead of yourself. If it's going to happen, it will. Same goes for 900 or 1000, 300 games, etc. I shot 787 just by relaxing, going out there, and concentrating on hitting my mark (yes, see, crankers and two handed bowlers can do that for more than 3 shots!). Obviously I had something going there because the very next week I shot 298.

Advice Cara gave me 3 years ago - "Focus on only one frame at a time. It's not easy and takes practice, but once you master it, I promise you'll see the results". Well, I have. Hope it works for you too.

Cheers.
Tim.

Easy Tiger said:
concentrating on hitting my mark (yes, see, crankers and two handed bowlers can do that for more than 3 shots!).

lol i agree with that

even tho i havent even shot a 650 let, i am only 5 pins off lol, i have learnt just to have fun on the lanes, i dnt mean b a idoit and stuff like that, like make new friends, etc, thats all i can think of

Practise, Practise, Practise....

I have a great option when im training, that allows me to throw strike balls only. Using this option, I no longer get nervous when im stringing strikes, as I just think of it like practise, with no pressure involved.

I use the saying: the more I practise, the luckier I get.... It seems to work as well :D

1 frame at a time is great advice, as anyone can strike once, so striking once 2 frames at a time should be no problem, and striking once 3, 4, or 5 frames at a time should also be a breeze.

Good Luck!

Easy Tiger said:
... Advice Cara gave me 3 years ago - "Focus on only one frame at a time. It's not easy and takes practice, but once you master it, I promise you'll see the results". Well, I have. Hope it works for you too.
Cheers.
Tim.

Do you mind if I use this advice, just having problems stringing a few strikes lately... :eek:

Ahr. So sorting out my gear was the easy part, now I have to fix my head? That could take a while :eek:

Everyone has thier own way of dealing with stress...except me hahaha...no seriously my way of not thinking about the scores is to sing to myself (inside me head...i dont need everyone thinking im insane)...and trust me it help because it relaxes you

Back
Top Bottom