2011 State Team Roll offs

TBAQ

Entry forms available under the Queensland Tournament section, and also on the TBAQ website.

Thanks to Totalbowling for the use of the forum in promoting this event!:D

I have an enquiry.

Today I have just found out that a State Training camp was on at Mt Gravatt.

What I along with others would like to know, was this compulsory to attend and if you do not, can you still roll off?

There was very little visibility about this and knew that there was going to be one but didnt know when!

My other question is this. I have heard that there a second camp in October, but is 8th and 9th October, which is when the Senoirs are scheduled to be in Sydney and Rachuig is the following weekend. What is the story with this? Can i please get a clear and concise explanation of what is required, or is it now too late if you didnt bowl in the training camp this weekend, to roll off?

Thanks in advance.

Jason

Jason,

Ian Schuler went around to all the Gold Coast bowling centres 2-3 weeks ago and hand delivered a poster and application forms for this weekends state training camp and asked the bowls if they would please put them up for the information of bowlers which they all agreed to do.

Also the information and nomination forms have been available on the TBAQ website for at least the past couple of months.

The information required for this event has been very visible for the four
months, on total bowling, on TBAQ website, and in e-mails to all bowlers
who have e-mail addresses that TBAQ are aware of. I am technologically challenged, and not the brightest candle in the box, and I found the information required, so it really cannot be that hard. So sorry if this sounds harsh, but that`s life.
Regards
Animal
I may not be popular, but I sleep like a baby.

Also the information and nomination forms have been available on the TBAQ website for at least the past couple of months.

I am aware of the nomination form and have a copy. What i was not aware of was this training camp, there were 4 from Robina alone that were not aware of this including myself, which is why i am seeking clarification to the process as per my original post, that is all.

I just want to thank Gail Torrens, the Columbia guys and the coaches - Chris Batson, Vaughan White, Andy and Christine for a great weekend.

I and other seniors went along for the weekend (this is my second camp) along with both the junior and adult bowlers. It just wonderful. Very informative. There were senior, junior and adult bowlers from the Gold Coast as well as from the Sunshine Coast and Brisbane.

These camps are run twice a year in Brisbane as well as in Townsville. They are for the bowlers who wish to roll off for state teams as well as for bowlers who just want to improve their game.

I, being a senior, am sometimes forgetful, however, I received emails re the camp to remind me, there were forms in bowling centres and also the information was on the TBA website and Total Bowling.

Again, I would just like to re-iterate what a great weekend and of course Dr Phil was fabulous.

Thanks again Gail for all your hard work - you are a credit to tenpin bowling and also Total Bowling for allowing us to continue posting on this site.

Nominees for the 2011/2012 Queensland teams (Rachuig, Seniors, Restricted and Youth) are advised that it is compulsory to be members of the Queensland State Training Squad. The first squad was held at Mt Gravatt in March - the next squad is in Townsville on 9th & 10th July, and the final one at Mt Gravatt 8th & 9th October. The STS Registration form can be found on the TBAQ website (Tenpin Bowling Association of Queensland Inc. ? Home) and registrations and payments should be submitted prior to the roll offs on 28/29th May.

Those bowlers wishing to nominate for the Queensland Senior Team are advised that if they did NOT attend the STS camp already held at Mt Gravatt in March, they will need to attend the Townsville camp in July, as the final camp at Mt Gravatt in October coincides with the commencement of the Seniors' Nationals campaign in Rooty Hill. Rachuig, Restricted and Youth bowlers are not affected by this totally regrettable, but unavoidable, timing clash, as they will depart for Sydney the following week/fortnight.

Back
Top Bottom