2011 Adult State Team Roll offs

All North Qld Bowlers are asked to boycott the Adult Roll-offs at Robina in favour of a Nth Qld Roll-off. Please support 4,so far, restricted bowlers. Thanks

Moderators, I can't seem to find the facepalm icon!!! :D:D:D

Last year the southern guys and girls travelled north for the roll-offs and this year it is our turn to travel south. This is the fairest system for everyone.

You can boycott, protest, stamp your feet, hold your breath or spit your dummy but you won't get an NQ roll off this year.

You really only have two options;

* Travel to Robina like everyone else and roll off (hopefully making the team)
* Stay home and don't roll off, providing someone else with an opportunity to represent their State.

The balls in your court!!

I am making the trek to Robina this year for the chance to represent MY STATE......there is no better feeling than bowling on the National stage in your state team ....So myself and 2 others (that I know of) are travelling from Cairns for the chance to bowl for QUEENSLAND.

On the issue of Queensland championships - us North Queenslanders have not HAD to bowl state Championships in the past we have always had the option of Nth Queensland championships or local/centre championships - it is only fair that our southern counterparts have the same options........

No boycotting from this North Queenslander........
Leanne Nastasi

Moderators, I can't seem to find the facepalm icon!!! :D:D:D

How's this Funky? :D

Double_Facepalm.jpg

On the subject of travel, would bowlers consider travel by train? The airlines are basically out in terms of sponsorship, but perhaps QR could be approached to sponsor the Qld State teams by offering say $50 tickets to the rolloffs? It is a long trip, but on the positive side taking as many balls as you want shouldn't be an issue.

Anyone here travelled from NQ to SQ by train?

What an Interesting idea.... Dose the Train go through Innisvale? I could go to the state Champinships on a Train... it would be like an Adventure... Robbie You are a Legend...

Mate Times Up are not to Bad the Times Back are not so Great.. But I am Going to Investigate further..

Morty

Going South - can leave Thursday, arrive friday, leave Brissy Mon pm and get back Tuesday (for Townsville). $12.50 per two ball bag for luggage, if you have to pay for it - not too bad.

Definitely worth investigating further, and QR reckon they are putting on another tilt train early this year.

Anyone have contacts at QR?

PS - Morty, if you want a lift from Townsville to Innisfail, we have room.

What an Interesting idea.... Dose the Train go through Innisvale? I could go to the state Champinships on a Train... it would be like an Adventure... Robbie You are a Legend...

You need to consider this Morty, Seniors get a terrific discount on QR.
I'm going to Rocky on the tilt train for $25 from the Gold Coast.

Morty you could be our guinea pig - get the train up for Champs and fly back from Townsville or Cairns. We will need a trip report...

As an 'old' person, I have been to Cairns, Townsville many times on the Tilt Train and just love it! As Sir Shinnie points out, really old people get good discounts thanks to the generosity of the community at large!!!!

I have no idea of the fares for 'real' people, but the actual trip is just great. You can take your own food if you wish to save $$$ but there is a food carriage where you can sit, have a light beer (no good to me!) or a quite good coffee and the usual pies etc. The seats are very roomy, and there is a personal TV thingo with ear thingos. Plenty of room for bowling balls etc.

Flower

Hey how does somebody get in on all this fun. I would love to be able to Bowl for my state. Fill me in on the details. As for travelling that is not an issue.

Regards

Back
Top Bottom