2009 Brisbane Association Roll Off

I must admit I'm surprised this has not caused more of a stir. It seems ludicrous that Brisbane has one ranked event yet you are being asked to either miss this, bowl poorly enough not to make Sunday or pull out of the national event to bowl the masters.

Surely logic suggests that you are not going to get anywhere near the strongest team available due to this. Fair enough you have to bowl champs but the masters is an individual event so I see no logical reason for the masters to need to be a pre requisite.

I am sure that the association could and should change this to allow the bowlers who are keen to be given the opportunity to represent Brisbane Area.

Change in times for Brisbane Association Challenge Roll off

We are sorry for the inconvenience at no fault of our own we have had to push the check in and bowl times back half an hour. All other details as per previous post remain unchanged.

This is just a reminder that the Brisbane team roll off for the association challenge is coming up.

The roll off is at Logan City Lanes
Sunday 15th February

Check in 9:30am Bowl 10:00am
Top 7 male and top 7 female will qualify for the teams
Cost is $75

Conditions:

1.All bowlers must be a member of Brisbane Area Tenpin Bowling Association
2.Must be TBA registered
3. Most be bowling weekly in a Registered TBA league in the brisbane area at the time of roll off and the association challenge and have a current league average

4. Anyone who makes the team must bowl an all events entry in Brisbane Area Championships held at logan city lanes on 16th,17th,23 of may 2009 and must bowl in the masters held on the 24th

5. They must also participate in All Fund Raising Activities

Anyone who is interested should fill out an entry form at most bowling centres in brisbane or message me the following details and will i fill a form out for you.

Name,Phone, address,Centre you bowl at and which league with your ave.

Thank you
Darcy Fox

the roll off is 10 games and i'll try and get a squad list as soon as i can.

To clarify there will be no exmeptions from the masters for people who make the brisbane teams even for the national ranked event.

Unbelievable.

In fact, this is worse than unbelievable - it is irresponsible. TBA committees at all levels should have one overriding obligation - to act in the best interests of the sport of bowling.

Penalising bowlers for choosing to compete in the only nationally ranked event held in Brisbane rather than a local masters is insane.

Anyone affected should appeal to TBA to get the Area masters sanctioning jerked on the grounds that it clashes with a ranked event.

If thats the rule,you will not get the top 7 bowlers,as carl elluded to.
Thanks for getting our hopes up.You have forced us to pull out.
Bowling is becoming a bigger joke in our country.
If this sounds like im not happy,(i dont appolagise)

Unbelievable.

In fact, this is worse than unbelievable - it is irresponsible. TBA committees at all levels should have one overriding obligation - to act in the best interests of the sport of bowling.

Penalising bowlers for choosing to compete in the only nationally ranked event held in Brisbane rather than a local masters is insane.

Anyone affected should appeal to TBA to get the Area masters sanctioning jerked on the grounds that it clashes with a ranked event.

I was led to believe a junior / youth tournament that ran earlier this year in QLD was not given accreditation because it clashed with Werribie youth in VIC.

Shayne

the roll off is 10 games and i'll try and get a squad list as soon as i can.

To clarify there will be no exmeptions from the masters for people who make the brisbane teams even for the national ranked event.

Someone is taking some serious drugs...

Robbie has hit it on the head...Mark, roll off and challenge it if you make the Team...;)

I just cannot imagine that Bris. Area would wish to undermine the strength of the Brisbane teams in the Association Challenge for a Masters that can be moved to another date. However, Bris. Area have not been noted for flexibility in the past and once again, it is the bowlers who suffer.

I feel sure that some Assn. teams are more than happy !!!

Shayne, accreditation was eventually granted to the Junior/Youth event but that is another subject.

Flower

This is a real shame. Brisbane Area are hurting themselves with this ruling. I had high hopes of rolling off and making the team this year but......

Surely the Masters won't be TBA accredited with a nationally ranked event on in the SAME CITY on THE SAME DAY......this is by far a bigger clash than 2 events in different states......

Re: Change in times for Brisbane Association Challenge Roll off

Can someone explain in plain english what the hell is going on? If this has been the case for the last 10 years then can some one tell me why that members of last yrs team that DIDN'T bowl in the masters and keep their spot.
This isn't to single them out but to find a more logical decision to stop from LOSING POTENTIAL NUMBERS at this roll-off.

2008 team was these bowlers with Danyell Burgess replacing Belinda Clark.

Ladies Team as follows
Rebekah Meads 225 ave
Alicia Meads 199.8 ave
Belinda Clark 194.2 ave
Tracey Crisp 191.7 ave
Taya Reggars 191.2 ave
Jodie Stewart 190 ave
Mel Warmington 188.3 ave

Mens Team as follows
Brendan Meads 225.6 ave
Tony Hamilton 223.1 ave
Shayne Melton 223 ave
Dale Stewart 221.7 ave
Luke Green 220.1 ave
David Cupit 216.5 ave
Gene Morrison 216 ave

Those in Bold didn't compete in last years Masters and for the 5 of the last 8 years that I've represented Brisbane there has always been a member of the team that hasn't bowled masters.

We are sorry for the inconvenience at no fault of our own we have had to push the check in and bowl times back half an hour. All other details as per previous post remain unchanged.

This is just a reminder that the Brisbane team roll off for the association challenge is coming up.

The roll off is at Logan City Lanes
Sunday 15th February

Check in 9:30am Bowl 10:00am
Top 7 male and top 7 female will qualify for the teams
Cost is $75

Conditions:

1.All bowlers must be a member of Brisbane Area Tenpin Bowling Association
2.Must be TBA registered
3. Most be bowling weekly in a Registered TBA league in the brisbane area at the time of roll off and the association challenge and have a current league average

4. Anyone who makes the team must bowl an all events entry in Brisbane Area Championships held at logan city lanes on 16th,17th,23 of may 2009 and must bowl in the masters held on the 24th

5. They must also participate in All Fund Raising Activities

Anyone who is interested should fill out an entry form at most bowling centres in brisbane or message me the following details and will i fill a form out for you.

Name,Phone, address,Centre you bowl at and which league with your ave.

Thank you
Darcy Fox

Questions for you Darcy.

What happens if a member of team puts in a masters attempt and his/her score doesn't make the cut. Are they dropped from the team?

Also I had a roll last Sunday at Logan and I couldn't get on until the league had finished which was 10.30. With the lanes to be re-oiled that would make it about 11 before we start. Are you sure we'll be starting at 10?

Other than that I'll see you on Sunday with Bells on.

Jester

well i was told the league would be starting half an hour early as well im not sure what the go was with that it was a booking thing with logan city that we only found out on monday.

in regards to the masters issue:
'What happens if a member of team puts in a masters attempt and his/her score doesn't make the cut. Are they dropped from the team?'

since i have been involved with it all i have not seen someone not make masters we try to get as many ppl in as possible so im not entirely sure its possible for someone not to get in unless we got like 60+ bowlers.

Whilst the politics of Brisbane Area are not really anyone elses business I have to say that it would be a huge loss to Brisbane if some of the big names are rendered ineligible because of qualifying criteria.
The Association Challenge is possibly the best Teams Tournament in Queensland and it is usually considered an extreme honour to represent your area in this competition.
As TD for this years Challenge I would also urge Brisbane to reconsider their criteria, this problem could so easily be fixed.
Brisbane did a magnificent job organising the Challenge event last year, it would be a shame to go into this years event without the strongest possible team.

Ah well, i'll be having a holiday down my oldies place in June so i'm out. Hope we have a good team one way or another

This is great news for the rest of the wide bay teams especially,To not have the best bowlers representing brisbane gives us a better chance,so to the fools;) who are forcing bowlers to miss out on cashing in a major just to let the weaker bowlers represent(which is ultimately what your doin or you would relax the rules as you've clearly done as tony has shown)
Thankyou very much:D

Whilst the politics of Brisbane Area are not really anyone elses business I have to say that it would be a huge loss to Brisbane if some of the big names are rendered ineligible because of qualifying criteria.
The Association Challenge is possibly the best Teams Tournament in Queensland and it is usually considered an extreme honour to represent your area in this competition.
As TD for this years Challenge I would also urge Brisbane to reconsider their criteria, this problem could so easily be fixed.
Brisbane did a magnificent job organising the Challenge event last year, it would be a shame to go into this years event without the strongest possible team.

I agree with you Andrew but as you are the TD maybe there are some other rules that you have made yourself that should be looked at aswell

Hello,
Just a question regarding the Roll off on Sunday. I have nominated and found out today that i have a work conference in SA on the 15 to the 18th May. The conference cannot be changed. Are there any exemptions with regards to still being (possibly) included in this team should i make it? There is no phone number or person to contact on the Nomination form to ask any questions. Its a shame that the Masters event is also on the K & K Classic weekend too

Back
Top Bottom