2007 Arafura Classic Singles

Squad C now full except for 2 places being held for interstaters flying in late Friday night. Vacancies in B and A.
Just a reminder to all bowlers that unless they are competing in Arafura Games during the week they will NOT need to complete Accreditation process for Arafura Games. The Classic is an independent event at the end of the Arafura Games week. The first event is the Arafura Handicap Classic Singles and there are vacancies in all squads.
June Voukolos

All live scores for Arafura Games, Arafura Handicap Classic Singles and Arafura Classic Singles will be available from www.tenpin.org.au and then select the link.

Squads for all of the events are being posted currently.

June Voukolos

Thanks for that June…Do you think that Ian could email them to me so that I could also host the scores on TotalBowling for this event please…

I know that Ian does a Great job with the scores with his Programme that he has…

I just have a Question or two…Why doesn’t TBA pay for Ian or someone like him to do LIVE SCORES at all the National events that hold a TBA accreditation Number…
Why is it that he is paid to do the scores and cover his expenses only at the event in NT every year…I know that he is also paid to do the Nationals but why are these two events any different to the other National Events in Australia…

Jason,
Ian Nicholls comes to Darwin every year because the NT Association pay for his travel, he stays with family in Darwin and we try and look after Ian by covering any additional expenses he has. He is not paid for his time - he is a volunteer and as you know his programs are the best in the world for tenpin coverage. His role at the Nationals is no different, his travel and accommodation is paid if necessary and he works as a volunteer, receiving a small renumeration for his 2 weeks at Nationals and the hours of preparation that goes into preparing the program for each event. Ian is a huge resource that our sport is lucky enough to have and I am sure we would welcome his attendance at all ranked events if the promoters like I found the sponsorship or finance to pay his way. TBA is not in a position to do that financially at this time.
June Voukolos

Thanks once again June…But do you think TotalBowling could have a Copy of the scores from your event to Display for my members to also see…I work with TBA and Ian throughout the year at the other events and supply him and the site with live scores so I thought he might like to return the favour just this once…

Thanks for your reply

Hi Jason,
Ian will certainly give you all Classic results both Handicap and Open and then after we have met the requirements of the process of getting results to the Arafura Games site and TBA then we will certainly give you a copy of the standings each day. Currently we have Brunei, Macau and Indonesian bowlers here and Malaysia, Macau and Singapore arriving tomorrow. The Asian Countries use this event to blood their youth development bowlers for International Competition and some of the bowlers are very highly skilled already. Arafura Games squads in Singles, Doubles and Trios commence on Sunday and all squads are full so we will keep you updated as soon as we can.

June Voukolos

Is there a problem with the link on the TBA page with the Arafura Classic? On all the other categories I can get all event scores, Arafura results, Arafura Graded classic results etc, but the link devoted to the Arafura Classic Singles brings up nothing - no squads, no entry forms, no 2006 results.......:confused:

Ian has been working flat out with the games and squads, as you can see we have records broken and his job is not only with us but following protocol with the NT Government Arafura Games Office. He will be setting up the page as soon as he can.
June Voukolos

Back
Top Bottom