2006 Weber Cup

For those of you who are interested, 2006 Weber Cup is now showing on Fox Sports. I just missed Paul Moor's opening 300 game! #-o

Check your local guides. The next broadcast is Thursday, 11th January on Fox Sports 2 9am-11am

Thanks Rob
Moor's 300 was somewhat "interesting".... he turned his back after the last shot but it still carried!
I saw it on tuesday and apparently there was a replay sometime this week as well.
R

For those of you who are interested, 2006 Weber Cup is now showing on Fox Sports. I just missed Paul Moor's opening 300 game! #-o
Check your local guides. The next broadcast is Thursday, 11th January on Fox Sports 2 9am-11am

yeah l had seen it.. every ball hit the pocket..... it was on at 2am last night

yeah l had seen it.. every ball hit the pocket..... it was on at 2am last night

Notice the late 6 pins, the odd mixer... Best shot of his game was probably his 11th, 12th was a basketball shot.

Jason Couch's game was far better (even if I hate to say it!), just didn't get the luck that Moor did.
Thems the breaks as they say!

I managed to miss both airings of this weeks games. Well done Jen!
The Weber Cup is on twice a week, re-runs being shown at stupid hours of the morning (ie 2am), 2 days after it is first aired.
The first airing is usually on at 9am for 2 hrs.
I am so not missing the next 3 weeks worth...

I managed to miss both airings of this weeks games. Well done Jen!
The Weber Cup is on twice a week, re-runs being shown at stupid hours of the morning (ie 2am), 2 days after it is first aired.
The first airing is usually on at 9am for 2 hrs.
I am so not missing the next 3 weeks worth...
if i think im going to miss it i usually timer tape it

Well, I usually tape it anyway in order to expand my collection of bowling footage.
It was just unfortunate I was too caught up with work commitments that I totally forgot it was even on.
Never mind, who wants to see a lefty throw a 300 anyway? :rolleyes:;)

For people who have'nt got pay t.v and would like to know about scores in the weber cup here are all the scores so far

Paul Moor 300 Def Jason Couch 258

Tim Mac 215 Def Tore Torgersen 200

Bill Hoffman 238 Def Jen Nickel 228

Tomas Leandersson 238 Def Chris Barnes 228

Tommy Jones 259 Def Mika Koivuniemi 227

Team USA 212 Def Team Europe 193

Doubles Couch/Barnes 224 Def Nickel/Leandersson 166

Paul Moor 277 Def Tommy Jones 178

At the moment Team usa lead 5 to 3.

Next thurday l will update the other score from pay t.v....

Paul Moor was on 300 again but the first ball in the 10th he left a 7 pin..

Cheers Matt

What I want to know is why isn't Paul Moor sponsored? It is clear to see that he is close to the best bowler in the world at the moment. I would've thought that Bowling companies would be falling over eachother to sign him up. The way he destroyed PBA numer one ranked Tommy Jones was phenomenal. He is an absolute strike machine!

Moor has all the traits of an elite bowler. He is cool, calm, confident, and consistent. I'd be signing him up to a lucrative ball contract!

for those of you you havent seen it here is a link to a video of paul moores 300

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyzA_NaI_vg&mode=related&search="]YouTube - Weber Cup 300![/ame]

you're right, the last shot WAS horrible....

he got lucky on just about all the strikes shown in that clip, the (excuse the terminology) regular bowler would have stuck that 6 pin solid every time....

having said that, Paul Moor is still a great bowler. He's not sponsored yet??

What I want to know is why isn't Paul Moor sponsored? It is clear to see that he is close to the best bowler in the world at the moment. I would've thought that Bowling companies would be falling over eachother to sign him up. The way he destroyed PBA numer one ranked Tommy Jones was phenomenal. He is an absolute strike machine!

Moor has all the traits of an elite bowler. He is cool, calm, confident, and consistent. I'd be signing him up to a lucrative ball contract!
well, he lives 'down the road' from that particular centre (lane) ;)

(well, same suburb, but you get the idea)

Enf...

you're right, the last shot WAS horrible....
he got lucky on just about all the strikes shown in that clip, the (excuse the terminology) regular bowler would have stuck that 6 pin solid every time....
having said that, Paul Moor is still a great bowler. He's not sponsored yet??

Hey Michael....
lol How about we stick a BBA logo on his sleeve ;) I think Max would LOOOOOOOVE that!!
R

Paul Moor is regular in Team England.
Bowling to play for Team England, in his last 3 years;

2004 bowled 10 qualifying Tournaments with 225 average
2005 bowled 5 qualifying tournaments with 219 average
2006 bowled 5 qualifying tournaments with 224 average

Bowls the European Circuit and in 2006 was Europe's No 1 for the 3rd year running and has 8 european bowling titles to his name, winning 3 titles in one season. No other european bowler has done this.

Currently has 22 English National Titles to his name, spanning 8 years
Prior to Weber Cup, had 24 300 games, 3 games high series of 857.

Moor has earned himself the nickname 'Rodge' due to his surname being close to 007 Actor, Roger Moore.

Moor is sponsored by Rollrite Pro Shop, Nottingham which is owned by Moor's coach, Mario Joseph .

Source. Answers.com

he got lucky on just about all the strikes shown in that clip

What a load of rubbish! [-X As if every shot on that clip was a lucky strike? Only the last one was dodgy because it bounced after release but it was still a pocket hit. Give the guy a break. I detect a hint of jealousy. :lol:

having said that, Paul Moor is still a great bowler.

A great bowler? That's gotta be the understatement of the century. If he is just a great bowler, I'd love to see what you call a brilliant bowler! :confused:

Back
Top Bottom