2006 SA Restricted & Seniors Cup Results

Yes it might have been "nice" to have someone there but it wasn't our tournament to start with and perhaps we had other things to do that day.
It is a requirement of all centre associations to provide assistance at home events. You may say "Not one of your tournaments", every TBA event held at the home centre should be considered YOUR tournament and assistance will be needed in the future.
I'm sure the volunteers who drove from ELIZABETH and were at Noarlunga before 8:30am that day would have preferred to be "doing other things".

So Jo, are you saying it was upto the Association to Run the tournament??? From my understanding tournaments like Restricted Cup, De-Veer, Rachuig, Seniors, etc. are TBA SA tournaments therefore TBA SA are responsible for running those tournaments. Therefore it is TBA SA's Tournament!! Those that come from Elizabeth and I assume you mean Trevor and Sue are apart of the TBA SA tournament committee therefore they were there to run that tournament. If it was upto NTBA (Noarlunga Tenpin Bowlers Association) to run the tournament then I assure you there would have been someone there to do that.

I do however regret that I couldn't be there due to other commitments but maybe if there was more notice given (and I mean more than a months notice) to the committee that help was required then something could have been arranged.

As for pointing the finger and judging quickly what other people do. If you read my post properly Jo I wasn't judging anyone at all. I merely asked the question that did the tournament committee or at least someone running the tournament ask the centre if the lanes were washed and oiled before the start of the tournament. All I was doing was responding to a previous post.

Jo you have to learn to stop taking a back foot at what people say and stop take things so bloody personally as you seem to. The only reason I asked the question was because people are quick to blame the centre for not doing something. Yes I agree with the lot of you that there are some things that should be done automatically and oiling the lanes before a tournament is one of them. All I did was ask "did someone check that the lanes were oiled" Judging by the response I have been given I would say that the answer is NO.

It sounds like the Woodville association is on the right track with doing a checklist. Maybe TBA should look at doing something like that as a preparation before the tournament or something to make sure that the centre is prepared for the tournament.

Like I said in an above post. This will be taken up at the next NTBA meeting and will be discussed. I do hope that in the future NTBA will provide a presence at any tournament that TBA SA hold at Noarlunga should they decide to.

Just my thoughts (I wait anyones critisism!!)

THANKS

DAVID SNIEDZE

Funny enough there is a Association that could run this.
And they call themselves ATBSO of SA............
Ironic hey.....

Cheers

Tony

Back
Top Bottom