2006 Dates + Format !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bfcc

hi all , the dates are below for this years sport series(all tournaments at caboolture bowl)

1st - 12th march - checkin will be at 8.45am - bowl at 9am
2nd - 23th april
3rd - 9th july
4th - 5th november
5th - 17th december

FORMAT - 36 bowlers (4 to a pair)
all bowlers bowl 8 games moving after every game
cut to top 15 bowlers (pinfall carries over)
top 15 play 3 man matchplay (7 games)
payouts will be after the matchplay.

COST - $75 + ($25 joining fee )
end of the year awards will be posted later.

jeff
as much as I like the matchplay format
driving from the gold coast to bowl 8 games
and make the cut each time is not going to happen.
Also with the son wanting to bowl as well the costs to get to
caboolture makes it a costly day out.
I have supported this series for 3 years and want to continue.
as it stands this will be difficult.
maybe a couple of 12game formats might make it
more appealing.
what do others think.
have you just spoiled us for the last couple of
years
cheers

I

I can empathise where you are coming from. I personally think the less games the harder you bowl and gives better payouts. I also liked the 3 man matchplay.

I'll be there ...

why change of format this year to last year? something different? I think that last years format was good because it gave me 10 games of practice on tough conditions that I wouldn't normally bowl on either with league or another tournment. The cost this year is a little higher but with being that, you are going to get better prize money back if you make the cut... me, not likely but I think that I am still going to go in the tournament so that I can get more experience on tough conditions and practice.... PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT!!! :p :p :p

I think the new format will be different but good i didnt mind last years format but it could have been better. Its a shame there all at caboolture it was good playing on all the different lanes and being in different centres.

Maybe 1 round we could have the top 15 cut to matchplay and also have the people who didnt make cut play 2 games,total pinfall or handicaped total pinfall and just have a lil pay out for those who didnt cut.or something like that... Would be good to just bowl a tourny with something new in it just to give it some more spark.:D

as i had not played in the sports series i was wondering what the payouts are like, the response in numbers to each event and the overall run of the event(s).
ashley

Back
Top Bottom