2005 Cairns Open Accomodation

andrewbc

Hi

I am travelling up for the Cairns Open on the 28, 29 30 January and was wondering what reasonable accomodation is close to the bowl.

Can somebody provide some info.

Rang the bowl this morning and currently 41 entries.

Hi Andrew ...

It's not really tourist season up there at that time of year ... so there would be no hurry to book accomodation.

Wait until you are two weeks out, then get on www.wotif.com.au to book accomodation.

I can recommend the Cairns Queenslander as a nice comfortable hotel (2 pools), rooms about $86. It's about 2-3k distance to the bowl, but it is close to the Cock and Bull, which serve great meals.

Peter Martin

hey guys
when u find something andrew can post it up here im going to kae the trek up for this torny so wouldnt mind knowing....

u comming up pete?
:p

G'day Wardy ...

No, I won't be going up ... the dates clash with the Broadwater Film Festival (me and a bunch of mates on a houseboat watching dirty movies, getting drunk, fishing and sledging.)

Might see you at the first twin tour event?? ... are you living back in Brisbane?

Marto.

i will be at the twin tour buyt where im liviung is a tricky question im in qld now and have been for 7 weeks but might be making a move soon :) who will i bowl for this time.....

If you are in Brisbane, we have a good handicap singles league at Chermside on Monday Nights 8.00pm. New league starting on the 17th of January. Chucky also bowls in this league.

Marto.

Hey Peter does Chucky still have the same pit crew? Post a pic of that with those and you'll soon fill the league..

Re: Cairns Acomm.

Within 5 mins drive Balaclava Hotel Motel Ph 07 40543588, Edge Hill Hotel Ph 07 40534811, Cairns Villa & Leisure Park have cabins see www.cairnsvillas.com.au. (This place is walking distance if you leave your gear at the bowl) These would be budget accomodations. If anybody is stuck in any way please let me know and I'll do what I can to help.

Andrew

Stayed at Cairns Villa & Leisure Park when I bowled in the Cairns Open in 2003.

There is a great pool and the cabin rooms have great air conditioning and are set amongst large tall palm trees.

I would recommend it. I have already decided to bowl in the SA Cup this year but I would definately stay there again if I bowled in the Cairns Open again.

The bowl is about a five to ten minute walk away although I wouldn't be doing it in the heat or humidity of the mid afternoon.

If you go in to practice the day before you can leave your bag there in the tournament room over night.

If you miss the cut (which you won't of course) make use of the day by planning a day trip or something. Just remember you can't fly within 24 hours of scuba diving just in case you had this in mind. You can arrange to do almost anything from reception at the park.

For more accommodation info I recommend visiting your local travel agent and obtaining some brochures. This will also help in planning any non bowling activities you may wish to indulge in while you are there.

Enjoy the trip and bowl well.

cairns accomadation

andrew
try palm royal cairns 07 40322700
15 min walk from the bowl .stayed there last year
$99.00 per room with that you get full buffet breakfast for
two a great room great pools and restaurant pub and shopping
centre right next door .they pick you up from the airport
&drop you back .they have buses that run you into the city
&back just mention your bowling and you want the $99 special
see you up there

cairns accomadation