2003 TBA ASIAN SCHOOLS ROLLOFF

P

Pedro

An announcement was placed on the TBA web site today regarding the 2003 TBA ASIAN SCHOOLS ROLLOFF.

Go to www.tenpin.org.au and click the Announcments link on the navigation bar. Scroll down to TBA ASIAN SCHOOLS ROLLOFF - 2003.

Hey all,

For those of you who are going, I just got off the phone to the Country Comfort hotel which is about a 3 minute walk away to the bowl, very close. If you want more info, click on the link http://www.countrycomfort.com.au/hotels/greenway/home.html. It is all the info that you need about the hotel, and yes, they are now taking bookings, although they can only quote you the NRMA rates at this stage as they don't change.

Cheers

Brad Rochester

Don't know if that link will work, it didn't onm my PC, they are in the phone book though.

check out the website that was first posted... ALL the information that we know of is on it

Hey there
i am curious to know about whether anything was put into place to do with the all stars and the schools team. i know that no one said anything but i am just curious. hope someone can let me know.
Jayde

This afternoon the following announcement was placed on the TBA Website

Due to the recent events in Indonesia the Asian Bowling Federation has this morning advised that the Asian Schools Tenpin Bowling Championship 2003 will be held in Penang, Malaysia.

The roll off at Canberra International Bowl will go ahead as scheduled but Tenpin Bowling Australia will continue to monitor the travel situation through liaison with Department of Foreign Affairs and will keep all interested parties informed.

Tenpin Bowling Australia will be sending one boys team (4) and one girl’s team (4) as per our High Performance Program for 2003. If the situation of the actual event changes, the teams will then alternatively compete in the Arafura Games in Darwin, combining a development opportunity with the Northern Territory Institute of Sport.

country comfort

I would have to agree nothing extra special about the country comfort but comforting enough :lol:

When i arrived over here i had the pleasure in stayng there for approx 2 wks

the phone number is 02 6293 3666

Ask for Peter he will look after u as will any of the very nice staff there

Looking forward to having you all here early next year

Alan

Dont forget the Brunswick Australian Cup Dec 7 & 8

as per our High Performance Program for 2003. If the situation of the actual event changes, the teams will then alternatively compete in the Arafura Games in Darwin

sorry to sound stupid but can you please elaborate a little more on what you mean by this?

and also, i am too lazy to ring the tbal office... so,
i am planning on going to tafe next year, but wont start until after feb most likely, so am i still eligable to roll off? (i wont be a "student" at the time of the roll offs is my point..)

thanks in advance,
see ya's
:D

To be eligible you must be under 19 as at 1st January 2003 and a full time student in school, uni or college for 2003. The intention is that you will be a full time student for all of 2003.

I guess it is up for interpretation but if you made the team and then decided not to go back to school then you would be ineligible.

One bowler lost his spot on the team this year because he decided not to return to school for 2002.

Back
Top Bottom