2002 Tournament Calendar

Ice Maiden

i've just seen the 2002 tournament calendar and in regards to the president shield trials, what's the deal with having a stage in BUNBURY!!!
icon_eek.gif

i can understand bunbury being used but wouldn't it be better to have the stage down there on a saturday, so that competitors and their parents dont have to set out on an early trek down to bunbury on the sunday morning after being up at craigie all day
icon_confused.gif

keeping it the way it is now could be quite stressful on everyone involved, so my suggestion is to swap the days of craigie and bunbury around. i'm not to sure how the idea of travelling down to bunbury is going to go down with some of the newer bowlers who choose to try out. other than that, i have not complaints (as yet) about the calendar.

The bowling fraternity over here in WA can now breathe a huge sigh of relief,as thankfully the ice maiden has given the tournament calender her nod of approval. We will all endeavour to fund raise as much money as we can, ( I will meet any shortfall),and build some lanes at the bottom of her road. Heaven forbid that she should have to travel ! I mean if she doesnt travel how will she stay in contact with her subjects ?
icon_wink.gif

I'm not complaining about where the trials are being held, i'm quite happy to travel to bunbury, but i'm just saying that it is a long way to go and some people may be put off by that.

Now now you two there will be no fighting in here thanks. Take it outside!!. Now I'm inclined to agree with the Icy one except that I reckon if they are going to have a trial in the country then dont have a double header on the weekend. Baron
icon_wink.gif

My goodness Baron that almost sounds to rational for you
icon_razz.gif

I agree with the first part of the post why give Bunbury a spot, I say unless they can give a minimum of 8 entries its not worth it.

GIDDY UP!!!

PS Especially if Wolley's fridgeis empty

Well guys, I have to disagree with you all. We are trying to promote the sport of Tenpins throughout the WHOLE STATE and I can't see that any country bowlers will want to participate if we limit the sport to the city centres.

Maybe if a trial goes to Bunbury, their juniors will have an opportunity to view what Shield is about, and might be encouraged to try out next year.

As far as the Saturday / Sunday scheduling goes, that is the decision of the centre managers who fit it in when they have availabilities, as decided at the managers tournament calendar meeting.

Come on guys, it is hard enough to get country centres to become accredited these days. We should support those country centres who continue to support the sport and give them the same opportunity to host tournaments as we would other centres.

Shane Czerkasow.

Well Shane firstly I hear where you are coming from however if that is true I would hope to see that in the near future Kalgoorlie gets a spot and/or Albany.

It took me alot of persuading and an early trip down to Albany earlier this year to convince them that they should continue their affiliation with T.B.A, will THE State association ever see in their wisdom to allocate a spot to these other country areas?

Short Answer would be NO, but I would love to be proven wrong on this account!

Its not that I disagree, I agree totally all centres supporting the TBA should be given the ooportunity of having a trial of some decription, BUT THAT MEANS ALL THE CENTRES does it Not?
Personally I think its crazy to make 90-95% of the entrants have to travel to accomodate what would be less than 10% of the States members and less than 10% of the tournaments entries!!

I wonder how many other states make their members drive of to the bush to bowl in such events.

I can recall 2 of Australias leading Youth Bowlers refusing to bowl State Champs in Rockhampton costing them Australian Representation that year. I dont think then it did anyone any favours and I dont think now is any different.

As far as the centre managers deciding the w/ends appropriate thats fine, I would presume that at this meeting there was a rep from the Satae Association. Now at any time , I wonder, did anybody (at the meeting) consider the affects of bowling a country spot.

On another note I can recall a number of juniors/Seniors/Parents/Coaches of the past having the same whinge??

If I'm wrong please host your rachuig trials this year 4 days only - Kalgoorlie, Albany, Mandurah and Bunbury - If you did this how many entries would you get 6 maybe 10?

Mind you there isn't a year that goes by without someone whinging about something, the same ole thing,
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, ">quote
YOU CANNOT PLEASE ALL THE PEOPLE ALL THE TIME

GOOD LUCK with THAT

GIDDY UP!!!!!

icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif

I tried to grab a jigsaw from each post, and put the puzzle togather.
In one word ..decentralise.
Each country centre could promote the junior State trials locally.
Just figures out of the air..say 190 ave..boys..180 ave..girls.
Local roll off.
Perth does the same.
Those who exceed these averages move into phase 2...the final roll off IN Perth..
Everyone has home advantage to get to phase 2,no travel..comfort zone.
Country Promotion,as Shane rightfully states is a priority..i think more benefit would be gained by having those that qualify into the final roll off,having some write up in the local papers..then a follow up fanfare in the media, if one of the country players make the team.
When the State team is finalised,then as a training program..come impact promotion..during the months leading up to the shield,the state team travels to Bunbury,Kalgoorlie,Albany...and take on the locals...bit like Gold cup..(with handicap for the local teams)cant believe i said that.
The centres can fill up their lanes with local teams..knock off the state team..mums and Dads..lots of cheering...media cover..so that potential sponsors can see exposure of the sport.
Thats where i feel the promotion would have impact..it could become an annul pilgrimage by the State team,and become a highlight on the local country bowling calender.
It would get the State team to bond...compete in true heavy weight competitive atmosphere..and the local bowl could generate a lot of publicity,and interest.
The country comes to the city..and then the State goes to the country.

I must say that i disagree with all of you, how can i do that you ask? well by saying that we shouldn't have the bloody trials down at bunbry all together!! ok before you go off calling me narrow minded just hear me out. Shane you are talking all this stuff about promoting bowling, first off, you don't have to bowl down there on sunday, u have to see the whole thing from a bowlers point of viewgetting up early the day after bowling all day and driving for two and a half hours is a bit of a drag, (however i won't have that problem, i am flying down the night before), and as for getting the country kids to have a go at the trials, thats, and i hate to say it, a stupid thing, i mean lets say that they do get into the team, they have to travel down to perth weekend (or every second weekend if they want according to the entry form) then you will get them bitching about it and asking for money for petrol and stuff like that, i am not against country bowlers, if they want to put in the time and effort that is fine, just as long as the reignise that they are doing it for their own good and not someone elses. like i said before i am not having a go at anyone or being narrow minded, i just believe that they could have found a better spot for the trials. thanx

and tell me why is that? is it so u can send me abusive things and let everybody know my name? what am i not intitled to an opinion anymore? or do i just have to agree with everybody else, just so i can feel accepted?
think about it...

EXCUSE ME "BLUE flaming dud"

Can you please show me where I have placed abuse on anyone

Or show where i have sent abusive material to anyone.

Obviously we r dealing with a very VERY immature little Brat, that has no concept of anything, and not big enough to place his/her name down.

Everyone in here is entitled to their own opinion I just like to know who i am bothering to comment back to.

Now now James I think you're getting a bit carried away. Your missing the whole point of the forum here. We just like to know who we are talking to so we can put a face to the name. We are not here to bag anyone although it has happenned once or twice but it was all in good fun. So lighten up a bit eh and enjoy the forum believe me you can learn a lot from Scoops Tom george and co. I know I did. Baron
icon_wink.gif
icon_wink.gif

first off let me start by saying that if i do not wish to release my name, i have more than a right not to. next barron i am not getting a bit carried away, i have a right to voice my opinion whether you, alan or the guy down the street likes it or not, i just said what i thought coming from the perspective of a bowler having to go through this whole thing.

Now onto Mr Skupin, i resent the fact that you call me, and i quote "VERY immature little Brat, that has no concept of anything" as a bowler, Mr Skupin i have much respect for you, i have come down to bowling centers on numerous occasions to watch you bowl, but this my friend will not do. You state that I have no concept of anything, when in fact i think it is you who has no idea, let me just tell u a little about what i have to go through in order to bowl in the president shield team, first off my parents have recently seperated (about 1 week ago), on the saturday i have to take the train down to cragie (remembering i have to lug my 3 ball bag around), then after i get off the train i must then catch a taxi to cragie bowling center, bowl then get back home in time to catch a train down to bunbry (which will cost me over $40) then i must get in a taxi up there and stay the night at a motel (which is another $80-$90) then on sunday morning must catch a taxi to the bwoling center, bowl then get back on the train and get the train home again only to get back at some godley hour in the morning, remebering i have to carry my bag around everywhere, all while you sit back and have a relaxful weekend. now all up the whole weekend, including money for food, that whole weekend will cost me over $200, and that is not including my entry fee into the tornament, which i must pay as well. now you might think that, that amount of money isn't much but i am not like you, in that io have a full time job, i work part-time at a pizza shop, and do u know how long it would take me to earn that money? i'll tell you over 6 weeks, thats 6 weeks of pay down the drain, just so i can do somthing i love, and there is still that chance i might not get in. The organisers haven't even put enough though in to hireing a coach so we can go dow. and on top of all that i have to deal with my parents spliting up and my mum moving away for good, and you have the nerve to call me a, "very VERY immature little Brat"?, maybe you have never experianced this, maybe you have had everything in your life served up to you on a silver platter, i don't know, i really don't, all i know is that reading somthing like what you wrote about me, and knowing that it came from someone i look up to and that i admire as a person, makes me think about how bad the world has really become.

Wow that was interesting.Not sure if im impressed or depressed now.
Carrying alot on your shoulder there James.
If you read some of the earlier posts,you will see that everyone in this Forum is not really impressed when "Opinions" are given by people who dont sign off with their real names.
Scoops asked you nicely to reveal who you were.
The logs on your shoulder all fell off in your reply...and still you havent disclosed your identity.!!!!!!!!
I also dont think you have to explain to Bin Al what costs are involved in competing in a tournament,nor what sacrifices are made by ALL bowlers in our lowly paid sport.
FIQ and Rachuig doesnt come without a price,and nor does President shield.
You have domestic problems,and non of us like to hear that..life sometimes ****s.
I took the trouble to read your other posts and it appears your heart is in the right place,but like referee (4 of a kind) Baron says..just cool it with the "attitude".

I agree with Tom : I started to post a long reply and thought stuff it.

No one likes someone whinging about how much this sport costs and the sacrifices some people have to make. A lot of people make these sacrifices because they actually enjoy and love this sport. If you have to bitch about the costs etc etc maybe you are in the wrong sport.

Im sure if you asked almost any bowler who frequents this forum what they have had to go through / endure / give up / lose / spend endless hours doing to do the sport we love - we would have a Novel the size of .. well .. I cant think of anything in comparison - it would be quite simply huge.

Noone cares about your or anyone elses problems : deal with it.

i think you are all missing the point of my reply. i am not looking for sympothy in any way, shape or form, all i am looking for is understanding. i made a statement, like it or not, some may not agree with what i say, and that is your right as a user of the forum, but you, while disagreeing with the statement i said must also understand where i am coming from. as for me to revealing who i am, well as i stated before that is my right as a person, to mr tom kury, you, like alan, are a bowler i look up too and admire, i will let you know this much, i bowl in the leauge after yours on thursday night, however i doubt you rememebr whop i am, as Mr Skupin stated i am a immature brat, and it is for this very reason that you would proberly not remember me. and to finish off i would like to comment on what was said about me complaing about the price of bowling, no where in any of the posts i have replyed to have i stated that the cost of bowling i unfair, all i look for is that you understand where i am coming from, so u can understand why i said that i thought it was a stupid idea to have the trials down at bunbry. if anyopne would like to discuss the matter with me further please feel free to write to me via e-mail, and send it to [email protected]. i once again than you for your time.

just a quick correctio on my last e-mail, i meant to say that tom you are a bowler that i admire and look up too, just to correct that.

OK OK I think we have heard enough so lets get back to Flaming Aces original gripe. Firstly Ace trials have been held at Bunbury for as long as I can remember and will probably continue for a while so you will have to accept that. I'm sure you're not the only one not happy. Like I said earlier holding a trial in the country should be a weekend affair giving you plenty of time to get down there and not be too rushed. They really should drop the double header idea here. Its ok if its in Perth. Secondly, try and get in contact with some other players and get a group thing happenning. I'm sure you could get a couple of guys interested. You could make it into a nice little trip. We always get a bunch of us together and really have a good time, even when some of us dont cut. Doh!!!!! I see you bowl out of City so get a hold of Shane and ask him. He will only be too happy to help if he can. I hope it all works out.
icon_wink.gif
icon_wink.gif
Baron

Back
Top Bottom