11 in a row

Yep know how that feels - have in '07 for 4 consecutive weeks in league gone either spare-punchout or miss-punchout in the first game and then started the 2nd with 6 or 7. VERY FRUSTRATING - still yet to post 300

Good to see since this thread started messers Comrie, Armstrong and Laird have sorted out their 11 in a row troubles!! While poor old muggins here has graduated from the back 11 in a game to the front 11!! :p

Most strikes I have had in a row without a 300 is 20 - strike, 10 pin spare off the sheet for 280 then the front 10, 7 pin spare for 289.

My most embarrassing was in the Cairns Open a couple of years ago. During qualifying I started a game with the front 11, and then threw a really really bad shot that originally left the 2,4,5,6,7 which would have left me with a 295 - however the pins did a domino effect and left me with a rocking 5 pin for 299.

It would have been good if the 5 pin had gone over, but I didn't throw a good shot and didn't deserve a "perfect game"

Cheers

Steve :D

Even more frustrating on this topic - today when spare back 11 then front 11 and 7 for 22 in-a-row and 587 block arghhh:mad:

I've had front 11, 10 pin for 299 last year, and this year at Junior Nationals had the front 11 then totally dropped the ball and got pretty lucky to only have the 4-7 standing for 298.

Hooroo

Rowey :p

Every week in league when l bowl a good game my teammate goes to his bag and says "hey Pauly, seen one of these have ya?" and pulls out his 300 plaque from his first 300 a few months ago. Then when l managed my first 300, because it was in practice he just laughs and says "sorry mate doesn't count." I might need to throw his plaque through my chipper!

i did it today in the country championships haha got a split in the first frame only got 3 out of the 5 then struck out to get a 278 then went the first three the next game haha ah well

my biggest choke was 22 in a row without a 300
9/ x x x x x x x x x x x 290 then following game
x x x x x x x x x x x 9

chris

my biggest choke was 22 in a row without a 300
9/ x x x x x x x x x x x 290 then following game
x x x x x x x x x x x 9

chris

hahaha i saw that.:D

wasnt really a bad choke though...
could have done worse. (i have heard of a 294 somewhere. lol)

When I was 14, threw 675 for 3 games (never ever been close again).

8 bagger to close out 2nd game and 5 bagger at start of 3rd.

I don't know why, maybe because I was young and didn't concentrate too much.

Average now is only 170.

Having trouble on lanes at Melton. Old timber lanes about 15 years old.

One day my synthetics will come.

:rolleyes:

I saw a guy bowl a 293 in Perth many years ago :D

I bowled 299 last week and have left 4 pin spared and bagged out for a 290 about 25 years ago at Midland Bowl in the West Coast Classic.

Back
Top Bottom