Wow - 24 years gone, yet the faces are the same

Thanks Jason,

I really appreciate the step back in time. Funny how we remember stuff. Looking at your record and what you have achieved in the game, it is me that is looking up at you and thinking WOW. That's really cool.

It has been great looking at what a lot of the old juniors from our time have put into the record books. It makes me wish that I had been able to hang around and enjoy all of your success while it happened rather that looking back and smiling and past achievements.

Maybe I will get back to a point where I can enjoy what you lot will achieve now through to the seniors.

I am starting to understand what you mean about ball roll. I have been throwing a pretty good shot, nice roll and then looking across at other doing what looks like a complete chuck. Difference is they are throwing 700's for 3 and I am not.

But it is a real lot of fun learning again, it's like the old saying. If I knew then what I know now, but in reverse. The head is full of experience and the body is new to it. Maybe I should call it the Matrix.

Again thank you Jason, I hope to catch up with you some time really soon.

John Velo

Leonard Cohen was once quoted as saying "I ache in all the places I used to party..."

And wait until you see the chuckers that are throwing 800/3! ;)

G'day Geoff,

I have to say it has been a lot of fun learning to bowl again. If I look at now compared to 24 years ago. My shot is 200% better, all the things I was told to do back then I am doing now.

Just letting the ball do its thing, not forcing it down the lane.

Years ago, I could not throw the ball hard enough or with enough revs to feel as though I was doing my job.

Now it's all nice and easy. The only thing I am lacking now is talent!

But I am having more fun than ever.

John.

Hi John,
Just letting you know that Brian Bridges is still bowling, apart from having a triple heart bypass several months ago. He hasn't re-joined my team yet as he doesn't quit feel up to full strength, hopefully not much longer. He hasn't changed a bit over the last 15yrs that l have known him, still very accurate and still talks the legs off chairs. When l started bowling 20yrs ago your dad was one of those guys l wish l saw on the lanes, sounds like he was awesome.
Cheers, Paul Robinson.

G'day Geoff,

I have to say it has been a lot of fun learning to bowl again. If I look at now compared to 24 years ago. My shot is 200% better, all the things I was told to do back then I am doing now.

Just letting the ball do its thing, not forcing it down the lane.

Years ago, I could not throw the ball hard enough or with enough revs to feel as though I was doing my job.

Now it's all nice and easy. The only thing I am lacking now is talent!

But I am having more fun than ever.

John.

Hey John

Yes I know what your saying

It is funny that you have made a come back after so long
and can see exactly what some of us are saying about the
game today, It is Sooooo much easier today

All thanks to Bowling Ball technology, lanes and Oiling patterns

Shame really, Some changes in life are not for the better

Enjoy it

Cheers
Geoff

John, its Seniors Week at the TBA nationals at AMF Rooty Hill (on the same plot of land as the RSL club) where most of the seniors who were bowling way back when will be bowling. Might be good for you to catch up

Hi Brenton,

I would love to come up for a look. But the timing is really bad for me.

The joys of kids and weekends full of sports. I have a feeling the kids will need to start joining in on the sports watching for a change like us parents do every weekend and they can watch the bowling and wish they were somewhere else.

I really wish I could be there.

John Velo

Hey John

Yes I know what your saying

It is funny that you have made a come back after so long
and can see exactly what some of us are saying about the
game today, It is Sooooo much easier today

All thanks to Bowling Ball technology, lanes and Oiling patterns

Shame really, Some changes in life are not for the better

Enjoy it

Cheers
Geoff

Hi Geoff,

I am really loving all the great new kit. I have only been bowling again for 7 weeks and I am already looking at buy my third ball. They are great fun.

John Velo

Hi John,
Just letting you know that Brian Bridges is still bowling, apart from having a triple heart bypass several months ago. He hasn't re-joined my team yet as he doesn't quit feel up to full strength, hopefully not much longer. He hasn't changed a bit over the last 15yrs that l have known him, still very accurate and still talks the legs off chairs. When l started bowling 20yrs ago your dad was one of those guys l wish l saw on the lanes, sounds like he was awesome.
Cheers, Paul Robinson.

Hi Paul,

Brian is a real character. Please say hello for me.

Just a funny side to Brian, and I hope he does not get mad at me for putting this out there. But did you know he use to be the lead signer of an Elvis Presley cover band in his youth before starting bowling. If ever you get the pleasure of hearing him sing, close you eyes because it is a near copy of Elvis himself.

I came accross an old news paper article of dad's return to bowling after his first heart operation, 8 weeks from memory. He was disappointed when his first game was only 198 at the old Rockdale Bowl. We left St Vincents hiospital where he was given the all clear and the first stop was Rockdale.

Take care, John Velo

Hi Brenton,

I would love to come up for a look. But the timing is really bad for me.

The joys of kids and weekends full of sports. I have a feeling the kids will need to start joining in on the sports watching for a change like us parents do every weekend and they can watch the bowling and wish they were somewhere else.

I really wish I could be there.

John Velo

I know what it's like John, I'm in much the same position.

The Australian Cup is on at Illawarra Strikezone in December. You might see a few of the old faces there. Hope to go myself.

I know what it's like John, I'm in much the same position.

The Australian Cup is on at Illawarra Strikezone in December. You might see a few of the old faces there. Hope to go myself.

Thanks Brenton,

I am really looking forward to taking a look at that one. It's only five minutes from home!

Thanks heaps, John.

Back
Top Bottom