Why all the sub-forums?

Alex

Aleko
I dont understand why you need to keep expanding every detail on this Forum. I'm not having a go i am just seeing as to why you (the admins) do it? some of them seem unnecissary and barely used (eg Tech Talk, Bowler Interviews, Total Bowling Touring Circuit, NT and NZ...)
Are these in for future use as the site grows or just a move made to make things easier around the forum?

Just my opinion nothing meant against the site...
Alex

Are these in for future use as the site grows or just a move made to make things easier around the forum?
Also not meaning any offence, I think that they need to be buried a little, it seems harder to find things with this many top level areas.

My manager would've shot me if I'd deployed a system with this many root nodes to try and use - but that's the world of commercial services!

Not that I want to discourage you guys, it's great that a free service such as this is providing value-adds.

I dont understand why you need to keep expanding every detail on this Forum. I'm not having a go i am just seeing as to why you (the admins) do it? some of them seem unnecissary and barely used (eg Tech Talk, Bowler Interviews, Total Bowling Touring Circuit, NT and NZ...)
Just my opinion nothing meant against the site...
Alex

Alex first of all thanks for your post, this is what we wanted to see, people coming across with there views on the site.

The thing with all the sub forums is, me personally I hate going to the main forum (and even though I don't read every post) trying to sort thru alot of the posts that have no interest to me, or they shouldn't even be posted there.

With the Bowler interviews, that you say shouldn't have there own forum, well I for one would hate to see them under the main forum, and I have to go and search through pages just to find a bowler that is of interest to me. If they have there own forum people can go in and choose which bowler they would like to read about and not read the ones that are no interest to them.

Tech talk is there for the techs of centers, and once again where can they go to talk about machine parts etc if this forum wasn't there for them. The site is here for the bowling community, which includes bowlers, centre owners, pro shops, the pro shop operators, and tech's so why can't the tech's have there forum.

The total bowling touring circuit, well this is a new wide bay circuit that is sponsored by total bowling, not giving it it's own forum means posting it in Queensland, with Mary Flower's Twin Tour taking off they also got there own forum, when you are posting in there alot with all the squad updates etc, it becomes too much, so why not give them there own forum, where squad listings etc are at there finger tips without having to search through the whole Queensland forum.

NZ and NT, just because they don't post in there doesn't mean they don't need a forum like all the other states. We are very lucky to 1/ have NZ as part of Rachuig, and 2/ have them as members on this site.
I also know of some Australians that also go to NZ for tournaments as well so any entry forms, accommodation etc they require I know David or Craig from NZ are always willing to help the Aussies out with any information they require.

Thanks for your comments, and I hope I have cleared some of your questions that you had up for you.

I know personally, that if I am not interested in a subject or a particular forum, I just don’t waste my time reading it. I let the other moderators look after that section.

Regards Kellie

Would it be possible perhaps to move "polls" into their own sub forum - I find it irritating to be moving thru the topics and getting a poll where nothing has been added other than a vote.......?

Also, a while back, the forum used to have the previous page/next page facility at the top of the page as well as the bottom - any chance of getting that reinstated?

B;)

I think the sub forums are great, it is easier to find what you're looking for and to avoid what you're not interested in :cool:

Rachel

Hi Kellie (et all)
You thanked Alex for his original comments.
Wouldn't the same kind of non-reply be a useful tool to show what people are (not) looking for/at?
There are some forums that haven't been accessed in over 2 months.
Just my opinion, not designed to criticize.
Louise

Back
Top Bottom