Track Track - Freak Out

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
15lb, 3 inch pin, 3 1/2 top weight : Drilled 3 3/8 x 3 3/8 with a balance hole at 5 1/4 across bringing the side weight back to a 1/2 positive.

Before recieving this ball I read an interesting review on this ball in Bowlers Journal International,

QUOTE " This is possibly the most powerful ball we have seen this year (in reference to 2002). The light load particle provides the perfect tires to take advantage of the hemi-like motor. The Freak Out delivers great length and neck-snapping turn and burn just past the end of the pattern ". UNQUOTE

Well it certainly delivers! I drilled mine with the intention of obtaining some decent skid, decent flare, and a hard turning motion to the pocket. It does all of that and some. I purposly changed the colour of the grips I put in this ball to see when it sets up and you can see the flare from the moment it leaves your hand. Such a strong rolling ball, it keeps the pins real low and continues it's drive right through the pindeck. The coverstock can handle anything and whilst I am yet to find a flood (like I'm going to find one in Australia) I have no doubts the oil would just delay and promote the ever strong snap into the pocket. I watched Andrew Lloyd and Jarrod Lean throw there's on the weekend and both looked super impressive as well.

I've only used this ball twice now and with an 8th place in SA and a win at last weekends Southern Cross Cup, $2150 says that this ball is a keeper! If your looking for a pearlised ball which clears the heads, and snaps real hard, and hits like a scud missile, this one is for you!

G

Back
Top Bottom