Tim Mack, The world traveller!

BELMO

mate those questions are funny but here are the answers... hope you are great.. miss you buddy... timmy

1: At what age did you bowl your first ball?
1. two years old i threw the first ball.. one handed:)

2: You were a great NFL star at collage, why the change from NFL to bowling?
2. i got injured in college and would have loved to play at the professional level but size and my knee hurt my chances

3: I understand you have been bowling injured for over 18 months, what cause the injury and how fit are you bowling today?
3. actually football started the injury and the my bowling contributed to it. my high swing and torque added to an already damaged shoulder and it got very bad at the end of 2003 and got progessively worse til i could not lift up my arm anymore.. today i am about 50 to 60 percent but i am competitive and learnign my new adjustments.. i am now up to 14 heavy and have had some luck in winning some tournaments recently so the best is on the way

5: How long have you been bowling with Storm Products?
5.i threw my first storm in 1995 and since jan of 96 i have never thrown another ball company's product

6: You won a heap of events and hearts here in Australia when you have travelled here, when are you coming back??
6. australia is one of my most favorites places in the world..some of the best people in the world including my own country, i have had some of my best life experiences there and also some great bowling ones as well..i have some of my best friends from there and i wish i was coming there soon.. i do hope that they have an event with enough prize money to come down there because i miss the environment and the friendly people there

7: What is your all time memorable victory?
7.probably 2001 where i won the pergamon open the same week my grandmother passed away and i had to fly back and forth from sweden to the usa to attend the services and was not going to go back to the tournament and then decided to go and won the tourney with no sleep in four days with the best field ever to compete in a tournament in europe.. also super classic 2003 i shot the perfect game for the big award and won the tournament after averaging under 200 for 30 games in qualifying i was "belmonte like" in the finals as i averaged close to 230 to win.

8: How many countries have you bowled in? Which is the best?
8.two of my most favorite places to bowl have been australia and singapore becuase of the atmosphere and the envrionment and the fact that you have to bowl good to win events in those countries as well as get a little luck too.

9: How many 300's and titles do you have?
9.i have 69 300 and 68 titles on five continents world wide

10: Travelling the world making a living from bowling is not easy, i know, im starting to do it, was there ever a stage in your career where you thought, this is all too much, the travelling and time away from home?
10.i thought in 2003 i was getting a little tired and i joined the pba... in hindsight at the time i was a little tired and thought of other things in my life and then looking back on it now with my injury and everything that occurred it was the worng decision at the time and i realized that i missed travelign after not being able to do it for so long.

11: The PBA is really the next step for you and your career, have you thought about rejoining? This time bowling without injury, and making it on tour.
11.i have thought about it alot with all the changes in my life with my injury and my wife and our family that is growing, and i would like very much to bowl out there injury free one full season with no distractions and see how i could do.. there is no doubt i feel like i could have lots of success and win mulitple times once i got comfortable, but i need to get healthy first..

12: Growing up, who was your sporting hero? and in bowling terms, who was your bowling hero?
12.l loved to watch pete and mark roth bowl is was great watching them but as far as sports heroes i would say that the 1986 masters when jack nicklaus turned back the clock to win green jacket has had the most profound effect...

13: Who is better, Tiger Woods at golf or Rodger Federer at tennis and why?
13.i feel they are both the most dominant in the sports and for the reason that tiger has to beat everyone in the field i will say tiger right now.. but i do not believe federer gets the credit he deserves.. he might win in england til 2020...

14: If you had 1 chance to change one thing in your career what would it be?
14.i feel i have had a great ride and have done given my best everytime i was on the lanes, but i do wish i could have predicted this injury because mentally and physically its been the most difficult thing i have had to endure in my sporting career. I believe my most defining moment is still out there

15: Play Station or X Box
15. neither... too old for those games.. maybe atari or intellivision

16: Can Sean Rash really drive a golf ball further than you?
16. hahhaha thats funny.. ask him i am an injured recovering athlete..

17: Name your top 5 money earners from the PBA season 06/07
17.Tommy Jones, Walter ray Williams, Robert Smith, Chris Barnes( biggest contract), Bill Oneil

18: If there was a gun to your head and you had to bowl a strike or they would kill you, what ball would you use to throw that strike!
18.Trauma er!!!!!!

19: Including yourself, name a 5 man team you feel could beat any other 5 man team in the world.
19.Tim mack (USA), Jason Belmonte (AUS), Lasse Lintila (FIN), Tomas Leadersson (SWE), Remy Ong (SIN)

20: Your expecting a little baby girl on November 6th (congrats mate) how is Brenda doing? What changes will this bring to you in your bowling career and any names picked out?
20.No names yet, and I have no idea whats in store for me in the future all I know is lots of things are going to change and they have been changing for me for the last 18 months to two years..so far so good, Brenda is doing great!!!

21: The best advice you have ever been given?
21.For bowling it was from **** Weber and Earl Anthony and they both said the same thing.. "whatever you are doing that week keep your routine the same, always do the same thing. If you stay up late and its working stay up late. If you are sleeping 13 hours a day do the same... stick to the routine until things change".. and in sport my mom and family always said never give up and always give your best..its never over til its mathmatically over...

22: If someone comes up to you and says "why should i get into bowling" what would your reply be?
22. It's one of the greatest ways to learn about life friends and fun and it can give you so much more then you can ever expect. It's the ulitimate test in sports!

23: Ever thought about coaching a national team in the middle east or Asia?
23. In the last two years there have been many times where I thought about coaching teams from those areas. I have had great experiences there and have thought about it often. Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, and many in the middle east as well..

24: Name 1 product you would love to endorse?
24. Nike bowling.. I wish it would make a comeback and see that there are many great athletes in our sport.

25: What do you see for the future of amature bowling around the world?
25. I actually see the future bright for bowling worldwide.. The gap as far as competition has been narrowed in the last 20 years and I believe the future of competitive bowling in Europe is bright they have an open mind.. I believe that if Asia can become more open the sky is the limit!!!!

26: Do you think 2 handed bowling will ever catch on? Do you like it? Do you know anyone who can do it well?
26.I believe that is has caught on already, I believe that Jason Belmonte and Osku Palermaa have taken it to a level that no one thought it could be taken to..they are incredilby gifted and there futures are bright as long as they take care of themselves physically they have an incredible future and are already great in the present..

27: If you walked into Vegas with $100 in your pocket....what number do you put it on in Roulette.
Then after your number comes up...what Restaurant do you take me, the frawls and Vic out to right after!

27. Black 20 and we are going to Nine Steakhouse, regardless if I am still on the bench!!!!!

28: Is The Standard bowling ball the right answer?
28. I do not believe the standard ball is the way.. They make lots of golf clubs and no one is complaining

29: How much wood can a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
29. All I know is, that it's alot of wood

30: Bowlers around the world have loved you and opened there arms to you, in a few sentences what would you say to the world of bowlers in return?
30.The world of bowling has brought me some of the greatest gifts of my life. I am forever grateful and thankful that i have had the opportunity to learn from them and give my best to try to make the sport better. I do not believe I could begin to describe in words what the fans and the friendships have meant to me and my support network. All I can say is that I am humbled and thankful for having the opportunity to travel the world and meet and mingle with people and places that have forever shaped my life.

Tim Mack, Mate, thanks a bunch for your time and your honesty. Looking forward to watch you on a PBA telecast in the real near future!

LOVE YA MATE

Belmo

mate thanks .. your the daddy!!!!!
timmy

Back
Top Bottom