900 Global The Bank

clarky030

Luck of the Irish
Recently purchased a 900 Global "Bank" and have to say that I was extremely happy with the performance of this ball.

The "Self-righting" or SRC core in this ball produced for my a shot, a much stronger roll and increased retention of energy through the backend and heads.

I would recommend this ball whole heartedly as scoring not an issue and does it shot after shot, put simply go wide- go narrow- go long- go short it just keeps on coming.

How much more can I say about this ball!!

Held up for an 805 (289/259/257) series the other night on a medium/dry house shot.
Also put up a 299 in the recent ABC Marathon in the fresh.

GO THE BANK

Observed you in dry and wet conditions. Hits like a MAC TRUCK Jason...

Congratulations on the 299. :woot_jump:

Both you and Nick Cregan took top score (299) for the ABC Printing Marathon.

Mrs P.

Received my Bank today.

Drilled pin below ring with the MB at 60 degrees, no hole.

On a messed up school holiday condition it showed a ball motion that I can only describe as unique. It is the first ball I have seen accelerate as evenly down the lane as this does. There was no specific point at which the ball grabbed hard and flipped but flowed down the lane in a continuous ever accelarating arc. I feel this is due to the unique "Self Righting Core" or SRC, which expends very little energy in reaching its stable point which, as a result, reduces the likelihood of "roll-out".

To explain. Other cores have to work through several stable points before reaching its PSA (Preferred Spin Axis), whereas the SRC has only one stable point and therefore requires less energy to be expended to reach that point. This means the ball still has stored kinetic energy, even after it reaches its stable point, hence delaying the roll-out effect caused by the complete expending of kinetic required to get the ball to its PSA.

The main benefit of this ball is that the ball is far more versatile. It can take heavy sanding for oily conditions and heavy polishing for dry and because its tendency to roll-out is much reduced it can cover more boards if necessary without any loss of hitting power. And what hitting power!!!!!

Finally, it has 900Globals S75 cover, one of its renowned long lasting covers. I would expect to see it still performing with 300 games on it, like my original Break S70 and Break S75. I would recommend this ball to all types of players.

Edit:

Coverstock is S73, not S75 as stated in the previous post.

My bad.:surrender::surrender::surrender:

I too drilled one of these. The monomonostatic core engineering got me in. (See Brenton's very good plain-English explanation of the core.) It's laid out pin over bridge, MB right by my thumb. That's 4¾ pin to PAP, 4½ MP to PAP. Static weights came in at 3/8 negative, 5/8 finger.

I've only thrown this ball at Nationals and a few games in league so far, but here's my observations.

Out of box, I found the ball way too strong for the nationals pattern, where an elongated break point was required all week (until the masters, courtesy of the sandpaper pattern vandals). Tonx assures me that if I'd had more time to break the cover in, this would not have been the case, so I'll experiment with that some more.

After getting too much reaction on the tricky Nationals pattern, I decided to put some extender polish on the ball to get a later read and straighter backend. Next squad, the ball flew through the heads, read the midlane like a book and just smashed 'em. I misread the move in the first game and shot 213. Not too foul, but had got lined up for games 2 & 3, hopefully, as the nationals pattern required you to be on your toes.

Well, 299 for the next game said to me "Yep, you're in the right spot, but you really should have moved in the 12th like you suspected when the 11th checked early and set flush." Kept that lesson in my head.

So of course, I made the move in the next game and threw the first 3, yanked one right through the face in the 4th, spared and went off the sheet for 278. Including using that little move the 299 taught me in the 10th frame. 790/3, Men's Open Singles and you can definitely say I was impressed.

The ball carried everything! Blown 5's, tripped 4's, messengers, a 2 pin forward in game 1, the works!

On the PHS (Pathetic House Shot) at Tuggeranong, it's a little over/under, so I'm going to play with the surface and make it a really fine sand, like 4000 wet sand off the Haus machine, which is basically polished. A compound finish may get a look too, although I suspect it will be a tad angular.

So, all in all, you can bank on the Bank! The ball can be made to be quite angular, even though it's great strength is to go strong arc (which I'd recommend). I suspect the cover can be made to do pretty much anything.

It's a keeper.

Cheers,
Jason

I got my Bank at the start of East Coast at Sunshine bowl and used it straight away on the Winding Road pattern, as soon as i put the ball on the lane and saw what it did i was very impressed.

The condition to bowl on was very tough and you had to keep moving, but the Bank was very steady all the way through my singles and to bowl a 673 series straight out of the box was a great start to the week.

I used the ball in masters at the end of the week and averaged 208 still on the same winding road oil pattern.

Last thursday night i bowled League at Dandenong and threw my highest series and i used the Bank 300, 280, 246 = 826.

The Bank is a ball that will recover from not the perfect release or a little quick/slow on the speed. The Self Righting Core does what it's suppose to do and help the ball recover and i must say the way it hits the pins to keep them low and stop pins missing targets is Awesome.

This ball is by far the best ball i have bowled with and highly recommend you guys to go out and buy one, and you'll never look back.

Alan Notman

The Bank is a ball that will recover from not the perfect release or a little quick/slow on the speed. The Self Righting Core does what it's suppose to do and help the ball recover and i must say the way it hits the pins to keep them low and stop pins missing targets is Awesome.

Noddy excuse my ignorance... but what does the bolded part mean?

Punched one out for Tony Stoppel tonight, 3 3/4" Pin to PAP with 60 degree MB. Extremely forgiving for him with this layout. Read the midlane with a smooth but very strong backend motion and carried just about everything with lots of love taps of the 7 pin.

On the Cross Road THS after a 217 sighter he shot 279, 266, 279. The 1041 series was worth $500. Not too many have their new ball pay for itself first night out.

Suffice it to say he is very happy with his new purchase.

Back
Top Bottom